Season 2 Confirmed This Year??

So, seems like we might get it this year instead of next. Also, there is suppose to be more content beforehand, as I posted before.

Thoughts?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-06-season-two-of-telltales-the-walking-dead-will-be-out-in-autumn-2014

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dead-season-two-on-track-for-release-this-fall.aspx

Link to my post with a link about new content....or just the link

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/25/walking-dead-content-season-two/

Edited by xKRAIZEEMANx
Spelling

Either way, good news!!

Not for me. Telltale's The Walking Dead is all about Lee. Lee, Lee, Lee. Started the game in handcuffs, ends the game in handcuffs. Real man. I mean, there's a point in time where we shouldn't go and dish out a sequel, just because we can. If Telltale keeps going, us players will only keep getting more and more disappointed with the franchise as time goes on.

"Season 1" ended perfectly, a great conclusion that people STILL talk about, nearly four months after No Time Left was released. Lee's story is FINISHED, and Season 1 was all about Lee. Not Clementine. Season 2 can focus on her, sure, but how long will that keep going? What will Telltale do? Have her run across the state looking for a boat? I don't think so, and I certainly don't hope so. There's only so much that we can experience in a franchise like this before everything turns stale. The uncertainty and ambiguousness of the ending was perfect. I'm positive you watched Christopher Nolan's Inception. Remember how that story ended? There was a definant conclusion, save for two characters. We don't need an Inception 2 to peek into what happens to those two, we might just run into something disgusting we regret poking our noses into.

I really like it when a developer explores new territory, however. Look at a franchise like Bioshock. See how well the first one did? And then the second one? But now...the third game will have an ENTIRELY new setting, with ENTIRELY new characters. Hardly any correlation between the cities of Rapture and Columbia, except that they were created with the intention of being a utopia.

So if Telltale DOES make a Season 2 of The Walking Dead, I'd rather it wouldn't feature Clementine, or Omid, or Christa.

Edited by LickableLemons7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though Season 2 has been confirmed, I'm not sure if it's something I'll look into. I've seen trailers for the new Walking Dead: 400 Days and it look like it will be very similar. Season 1 was well done, and had a definite conclusion (at least for Lee) so I'm not sure where they intend to go with it, probably follow Clem for some time would make the most sense, but I don't know if that would make for an exciting gaming experience. I'm going to wait until launch to pass any judgement on this, we'll see what The Walking Dead: 400 Days brings to the table.

Edited by Jake317