Identify power discs packs with rare discs

Lethargik

Hey everyone, after spending way too much money on the power disc blind packs and getting loads of doubles, I figured out how to tell which packs they are in. I wasn't sure I should I say anything at first in case Disney catches wind and changes this, but I don't want everyone wasting tons of money. Besides, if I don't, someone else will figure this out soon enough.

So, it's as simple as feeling for them. The rare discs have those card style hologram stickers on them on with the ridges you can feel, if you scratch lightly with your finger nail, you can feel these through the packaging - there's your rare disc. My experience was that most were facing the back of the packaging so check both sides but it definitely works!

Hope this is helpful!

Happy to help. As for the power discs, if you mean the round ones, there are only 4 out so far that I know of -Bolt's super strength, Fix-it Felix's repair hammer, CHROME armor shield, and Pieces of eight. You can also feel the packs to make sure you're getting 2 hexagonal discs if you already have the four I listed. As far I know there are 21 discs total available right now for wave/series 1, the 21st being the mike wazowski's car toys r us exclusive.

You could just find out in store what exactly each one is...They're packaged front-to-front so you can set them on an Infinity display and see what they are...

From IGN:

Want to Know What Discs You're Getting Before Opening the Package?

The Disney Infinity base can scan the discs right through the packaging! Just launch the Toy Box, put the package on the Infinity Base, and watch to see what's inside. Flip the package over to load up the other disc.

You could just find out in store what exactly each one is...They're packaged front-to-front so you can set them on an Infinity display and see what they are...

From IGN:

Want to Know What Discs You're Getting Before Opening the Package?

The Disney Infinity base can scan the discs right through the packaging! Just launch the Toy Box, put the package on the Infinity Base, and watch to see what's inside. Flip the package over to load up the other disc.

I think they're packaged randomly, the majority of the packs I bought had the discs back to back - the sticker you can feel is on the top/front of the discs. If the in store portal will read them, even better. The retail locations I was at (Target & Best Buy) have the kiosks running a demo loop and didn't read the discs when I tried. Also, the discs are NFC so it shouldn't matter which way they face.

Either way, between these two methods everyone should have little trouble scoring the rare discs!

Cheers!

You're right it does, but they aren't part of the series/wave 1 disc set to the best of my knowledge which is in line with what the handbook indicates as well. It does give a nice glimpse into the upcoming discs though.

Someone said they might be the other exclusive discs coming soon

What is different between round and hex disc?

I got big hex with 2 circles and one hex middle of big hex. Is ok to get achievement?

I got characters that got circle while power disc is hex so able I buy round power disc and put it on character circle on big hex base? (2 circles and 1 hex on base that I got this base)

Hey man, if I'm understanding you correctly, using power discs do not disable achievements, so yes it's ok to use them. The difference is the round discs are basically power ups for your characters while the hex discs are themes or items for use in the toy box section of the game.

The circle discs go underneath your character, you can stack two per character. The hex discs obviously go in the hex space when in the toy box.

If you were just trolling, I guess I look like a fool now - well played. Lol

Hey man, if I'm understanding you correctly, using power discs do not disable achievements, so yes it's ok to use them. The difference is the round discs are basically power ups for your characters while the hex discs are themes or items for use in the toy box section of the game.

The circle discs go underneath your character, you can stack two per character. The hex discs obviously go in the hex space when in the toy box.

If you were just trolling, I guess I look like a fool now - well played. Lol

Yes I knew but what I mean I got 1 hex and 2 circles on base. I got 3 characters that got round underneath them while power disc I got is hex. So what I want know now is if I got round power disc and can put it on one of 2 circle on white on base? (Maybe confuse but you knew there grey part on base with one of 3 placements so hex is on grey part on base).

At moment I don't have round power disc which is I want for stupid 4G achievement.

So round power disc not in my starter pack and power disc pack. All is hex power disc in pack. Really annoyed. :(

Edited by cheevo360

I went to Toys R Us after work, and they didn't have any of the exclusive packs in stock, so I guess I'll order online. I did buy two regular packs each with a round and a hex disc. Unfortunately, one of the hex discs was Mickey's red car...which came with my starter pack. Does every starter pack come with Mickey's red car? If so, it really doesn't make sense for Disney to include them in a power disc pack.

I feel like we need a thread just for trading discs now. :-)

Are any of the character power ups required to succeed at any of the play set tasks? Like, are there any challenges or mission you cannot complete without a specific power up? (I know certain characters are required to do specific challenges)

Anyone know what the expected secondary-market price are going to look like if I don't feel like blind-chasing the rare ones?

Also, are the series "limited edition" (that is, buy them now or you'll miss your chance) or will they "reprint" them once they are sold out (while still pumping out new series every once in a while)?

Finally, what's the supposed schedule for release of each wave of power discs?

You absolutely don't need any of the discs for any achievements, challenges, etc. However some of the round character power up discs can be helpful in some of the lengthier, slightly more difficult challenges.

The secondary market price is actually very reasonable right now on the rares because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, knows about the method to check for the lenticular sticker. I've been to 2 Targets, 2 Toys'R'Us and a WalMart and my fingers are numb from checking packs (probably over 300 packs checked combined) and not a single rare left to be found.

The first run of gold packet discs have yet to be officially described as "limited", only as Toys'R'Us exclusive. But there's also been no sign of a restock in sight. The rumor right now is that there's going to be a nationwide trade event at Toys'R'Us stores on Sept 7 and the second exclusive power disc will be available then. Hopefully there will be something to distinguish it from the first one if that's the case.

As for the others, it's a mystery. There are some reports that all of the discs were available on launch day in Australia and a few Australian eBay sellers have begun listing them for retarded prices in excess of $100 each. Hopefully Disney/Toys'R'Us and everyone else involved will release some info to help make things clearer before people miss out on things.

-Grishnaar

You absolutely don't need any of the discs for any achievements, challenges, etc. However some of the round character power up discs can be helpful in some of the lengthier, slightly more difficult challenges.

The secondary market price is actually very reasonable right now on the rares because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, knows about the method to check for the lenticular sticker. I've been to 2 Targets, 2 Toys'R'Us and a WalMart and my fingers are numb from checking packs (probably over 300 packs checked combined) and not a single rare left to be found.

The first run of gold packet discs have yet to be officially described as "limited", only as Toys'R'Us exclusive. But there's also been no sign of a restock in sight. The rumor right now is that there's going to be a nationwide trade event at Toys'R'Us stores on Sept 7 and the second exclusive power disc will be available then. Hopefully there will be something to distinguish it from the first one if that's the case.

As for the others, it's a mystery. There are some reports that all of the discs were available on launch day in Australia and a few Australian eBay sellers have begun listing them for retarded prices in excess of $100 each. Hopefully Disney/Toys'R'Us and everyone else involved will release some info to help make things clearer before people miss out on things.

-Grishnaar

Actually you are incorrect you cannot get all the achievements without at least 1 round power up its a 4 point ach .... And they don't include a round in starter it's random (everyone posted before hex are in starter) and to unlock in game content you need ever character from set for some chests and secret very good toy box items) but 100% you need a circle disk and others on list require additional buys .... To 100% game for ach only 1 is not obtainable with starter pack alone

Actually you are incorrect you cannot get all the achievements without at least 1 round power up its a 4 point ach .... And they don't include a round in starter it's random (everyone posted before hex are in starter) and to unlock in game content you need ever character from set for some chests and secret very good toy box items) but 100% you need a circle disk and others on list require additional buys .... To 100% game for ach only 1 is not obtainable with starter pack alone

It actually can come with a circle one in the starter pack, I got Fix-It Felix JR. So for MOST people you will need to buy a disc pack since there are only 4 power-up discs versus 16 hex so the chances are slim....but it is possible.

• 2 weeks later...