Football Achievements Blow Because Juking Sucks

Ayepeck

Seriously, I can't figure this damn stuff out. My first two games I was doing jukes perfectly by leaning, now it's like the stupid game doesn't accept leaning. I then moved to jumping, which worked for a single return, but after that, that no longer worked, either.

How the hell do you juke?! Because leaning no longer works, changing the angle you're running no longer works, and jumping no longer works. I've tried everything. Really starting to piss me off, since I've been at it for over two hours.

Its all down to luck which sucks. Rare need to add juking back in like it was in the E3 demo.

I finally got the full 1,000, but everything was fair with the exception of football. All the other sports were somewhat challenging, but the football ones were just absurdly stupid. It probably took me around 12 hours just to get the "Long Bomb" achievement.

It also seems like the play of the defenders is also based on pure luck. I got a 65 yard play from the 66 yard line (was tackled on the one yard line), and I got a 59 yard play from the 59 yard line without even being touched. But the 60-64 yard range play was extremely difficult for no reason.

The juking is just stupid, though. I want to say it's when you slightly step to the opposite direction when you're running, but even that didn't work for me a ton of times.

Yeah this kick return one is really pissing me off. Thankfully I got the 60 yard pass TD after a maximum of 10 attempts. Was exactly 60 yards away and ran my ass off and got tackled into the goal line. Couldn't believe it counted.

Still trying to return a punt for a TD with no luck. There are just so damn many defenders and I've only been able to juke 3, at most. I try just running, and using a stiff arm motion, but nothing really works.

For kick return just do 2 player vs on your own and when attacking as player 2 simply stand and be tackled.

Then when you have to kick again just stand and let the CPU do a week kick and when you switch over you should only have a small distance to run.

Thanks I just found out that you don't actually have to kick it, that the AI will do it automatically if you do nothing. I was kicking as softly as I could, but I still had at least 40 yards to run and could never make it past the 4+ defenders.

Thanks I just found out that you don't actually have to kick it, that the AI will do it automatically if you do nothing. I was kicking as softly as I could, but I still had at least 40 yards to run and could never make it past the 4+ defenders.

Funnily enough I got the achievement first try last night after letting to AI kick it for me. Juked 4 opponents before I made it in. I was using a stiffarm motion, even though there's only circumstantial evidence that it works. Strangely, during my next game while working up to 1000 yards total, I was being lazy on a kickoff return from the AI: I was basically just marching in place instead of actually running, and I was throwing out stiffarm motions just for fun. Made it past 5 defenders and ran for a total of 70 yards and the last defender got me! Almost got the achievement "legit!"

I was just wondering. I got the All...the..way achievement easily the first time I played the game, but after that i realized i was offline, so it did not download the first title update.

Since it was too easy, i decided after to go for the other football achievements, and realized how hard it is. The juking sometimes is fine, but suddenly one guy from behind comes and knocks me off.

So i think that they changed the difficult for these things in the title update. If someone can test...I will also probably give it a try by deleting the title update.

I was just wondering. I got the All...the..way achievement easily the first time I played the game, but after that i realized i was offline, so it did not download the first title update.

Since it was too easy, i decided after to go for the other football achievements, and realized how hard it is. The juking sometimes is fine, but suddenly one guy from behind comes and knocks me off.

So i think that they changed the difficult for these things in the title update. If someone can test...I will also probably give it a try by deleting the title update.

I'm not going to test, but I guarantee you just got lucky the first time. Because my first runback was almost good when I played, then I didn't get it for hours after that. It's just luck.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...