Achievement Guide for 'Tower of Babble'

bimbletonben

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

instead of EMPs could we use galveknuckles? I'm not sure if we HAVE to use EMPs to get the cheevo

in theory it should work but cant say yes for sure

Did you do it with someone who already has the achievement?

no we both needed it, ive read you cant do it with someone who has the achievement already but cannot confirm that

You can use someone who has the achievement already. I can confirm that. You just need to start the game without the person who has the achievement already. Once you are loaded in, have him Join Session or just invite him.

Also, you don't have to use those 2 specific lamps. When we did it, I went out of the cornfield where the pylon was and used the lamp to the left just before you reach power. My friend used the one just to the right outside of the cornfield pylon place.

ALSO. You CAN leave the power on for a while and get Jugs or whatever else perk you want. We did a round with Jugs on and left the Electric Guy alive with a runner. Had someone leave to turn power off. Once off, we then killed the Electric Guy with the EMP and turbines placed down.

Hope this helps people.

I have been trying this with two players the past week. And it is not working at all.

We have been using Galvaknuckles - is this confirmed to NOT work? Every success story I've seen has used EMP.

Maxis sometimes says at the Pylon - "The power is weak, you fucked up, go back to a previous step" - why the fuck is this dumbass saying this? We have both turbines spinning.

The game is pretty buggy on when you achieve a step. I mean why the fuck do I have to do a previous step? The only previous step is turning the power on and off. It's not like you can fuck that up.

Retarded.

I really hate this achievement. Either we don't get the EMPs (3 times out of 30-40 tries) or all four of us suck big time (we failed all three times).

The main problem is, we only get him to spawn in wave 7/8/9/10, early does simply not work for us, despite the strom above.

When he's there, he or the other zombies destroy the turbines or we get overrun from both sides because avoiding his electricution, reviving teammates + concentrating on him when he is in the middle is do much at once.

:(

If the turbines are destroyed during the fight with the electric guy, is it possible to pick two new ones from the work bench at the bus stop and place them at the pylon?

Edited by FranconianX

I really hate this achievement. Either we don't get the EMPs (3 times out of 30-40 tries) or all four of us suck big time (we failed all three times).

The main problem is, we only get him to spawn in wave 7/8/9/10, early does simply not work for us, despite the strom above.

When he's there, he or the other zombies destroy the turbines or we get overrun from both sides because avoiding his electricution, reviving teammates + concentrating on him when he is in the middle is do much at once.

:(

If the turbines are destroyed during the fight with the electric guy, is it possible to pick two new ones from the work bench at the bus stop and place them at the pylon?

The achievement does 100% suck...I got it with just 1 other guy...I would suggest doing so. I did it with my brother and we would save enough money to get 3-4 total box spins and if we didn't get it by then we would restart.

Ironically when I got the achievement the turbines did indeed break. We left a couple zombies and ran back to spawn to each get one. One stayed other went to diner...dropped the turbines and BLIP achievement unlocked.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't u have to be Warlton 2 hear Max or is that Richtoffen?

Everybody hears Maxis, but only Samuel hears Richtofen.

To add to the above point. Make sure that when you have Avogadro inside the pylon in the corn field that you don't kill him right away. You must wait for Maxis to tell you to kill him. Once he tells you this is when you throw the EMP.

DO NOT wait for Maxis to say that. He takes ages and you can kill the avogadro anytime after Maxis says he needs an energy source, even if it's a living one.

I have been trying this with two players the past week. And it is not working at all.

We have been using Galvaknuckles - is this confirmed to NOT work? Every success story I've seen has used EMP.

Maxis sometimes says at the Pylon - "The power is weak, you fucked up, go back to a previous step" - why the fuck is this dumbass saying this? We have both turbines spinning.

The game is pretty buggy on when you achieve a step. I mean why the fuck do I have to do a previous step? The only previous step is turning the power on and off. It's not like you can fuck that up.

Retarded.

DO NOT kill the Avogadro with the knife/galvaknuckles, it doesn't work, if you knife him, Maxis will tell you to stop, you need to kill him with an EMP grenade.

Edited by Tai2142

• 2 weeks later...

my question is, how to survive long enough for the avogadro to come under the pylon. we are doing it as a 2 piece and it seems like he one shots me and then my boy gets overrun by zombies and him. any advice? we usually get him showing up round 6.

my question is, how to survive long enough for the avogadro to come under the pylon. we are doing it as a 2 piece and it seems like he one shots me and then my boy gets overrun by zombies and him. any advice? we usually get him showing up round 6.

Well, you can get the quick revive permaperk or the monkey bomb to make it easier. Try to avoid the avogadro's lightning bolt jumping and running in circles and get out of the pylon when the avogadro is near in order to make him enter it faster. If none of this work, get a new player to help you.

I've been trying this achievement for ages now. The most difficult part, in my opinion, is getting the EMP.

Once we get the EMP and the avogadro under the tower, we die. I've been trying this with another player. But I think 3-4 players is easier, because of the reviving/killing.

Add me if u want to try the achievement. It's Chefkee

• 4 weeks later...