Solo Insane 3 Stars Declassified Walkthrough

Tyger7

:whs Well said. Also, I meant for me to run the Insane playthrough by myself for the same reasons Tyger mentioned. Some friends can be careless or just plain crazy going in, guns blazing.

or as i've seen in gears 3, Retro Charging straight into the path of a 3-4 enemies with Sawn-Offs... :confused:

great stuff dude, will be using it soon as i get the mult-iplayer achievements ground out on Private VS bots :D

EDIT: people seem to have issues with Wretches, i can relate, they get close right? Gnasher shotgun as your secondary, good aim will kill in one blast and the Gnasher has 8 shots. the Sawn-Off could be used if they are REALLY swarming you, killing many in one shot, BUT only 2 per reload and only 12 max... risky but effective. it worked for me on Gears 3.

Edited by UltimateAuron32

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy way to get 3 stars on karn is don't activate the declassified mission. After you take out the leg and are supposed to shoot his mouth, don't shoot the mouth until you have 3 stars as he will keep summoning more easy grubs to kill.

Easy way to get 3 stars on karn is don't activate the declassified mission. After you take out the leg and are supposed to shoot his mouth, don't shoot the mouth until you have 3 stars as he will keep summoning more easy grubs to kill.

But the desclasified mission will not be completed if i do it on your way ?

Not at all helpful given the purpose of this thread.

need help with the 3 star co-op glitch....im doing it co-op split screen....with my wife logged in as my second controller on casual...and theres no option for her to quit out of the game all i can do is sign her out...then it kicks me out the game to the main menu....

am i doing something wrong or it cant be done spit screen?

need help with the 3 star co-op glitch....im doing it co-op split screen....with my wife logged in as my second controller on casual...and theres no option for her to quit out of the game all i can do is sign her out...then it kicks me out the game to the main menu....

am i doing something wrong or it cant be done spit screen?

cant be done when playing split-screen...

But the desclasified mission will not be completed if i do it on your way ?

you dont have to play declassified and get three stars at the same time for the cheevos so i guess he means you do one run without triggering declassified for the onyx stars and then one run with declassified triggered without worry about the stars..

sorry for my bad english btw but i think you get my point..

I've spent over 10-12 hours trying to kill Karn [over 4-5 days].

Closest I've gotten is him calling out a second wave following the initial Ragers/Grinders.

This is quickly becoming the most annoying section for me so far.

Can you post this in the achievement guide post? People keep hassling me about solo is not 9/10 difficulty they say it's 6 tops. Maybe me and you just suck?

Can you post this in the achievement guide post? People keep hassling me about solo is not 9/10 difficulty they say it's 6 tops. Maybe me and you just suck?

I just did, I'm bad at sniping so there's part of my problem, but the random, bad luck factor is really starting to aggravate me.

I had a mauler spawn on my most recent play through in Wave 3 literally right on top of me. Obviously, on Insane, I stood no chance. Couldn't roll or roadie run because even with the roll and you get a good distance, the shockwave apparently is STILL enough to kill you

I did it in 50 minutes, DMC hd collection is 8/10 no way this is higher than that.

I just did, I'm bad at sniping so there's part of my problem, but the random, bad luck factor is really starting to aggravate me.

I didn't bother with the longshot after awhile just use the Markza instead, 9 extra bullets if you miss + infinite ammo = win.

I didn't bother with the longshot after awhile just use the Markza instead, 9 extra bullets if you miss + infinite ammo = win.

I kid you not, a few hours after posting this, I spent about 30 minutes playing again and FINALLY was able to pull it off.

Markza & Lancer were my weapons of choice. Plus 3 of 6 grenades used.

If a rager got close, I'd risk being chewed up by Karn's guns by mantling the fortifications to give some space.

Edited by DwnGoesClarkson

Really having trouble with upper state street, got the insane declassified complete with a buddy running on casual (he did not back out). Now we just need the onyx stars. Has anyone tried to get to 3 stars without activating the declassified mission on Upper state street mission?

Do you get less time on some declassified missions when you have 4 players playing? On Great Staircase, the guide says you have 6 minutes...and I notice some sites list it at 5 minutes 20 seconds..our group is only doing it on hardcore and it gives us 4 minutes...

• 3 weeks later...
Do you get less time on some declassified missions when you have 4 players playing? On Great Staircase, the guide says you have 6 minutes...and I notice some sites list it at 5 minutes 20 seconds..our group is only doing it on hardcore and it gives us 4 minutes...

This was mostly built for solo play so I had not tested any other time limits for having more people on different difficulties.

• 3 weeks later...

Section 3, Chapter 2 - Paduk's Testimony, Magadha Village.

I found it very difficult to get 3 stars here by hanging back.

I found that if I picked up a Lancer and then reloaded checkpoint (there is only one checkpoint in this) then I started with a Lancer. This means I waited in the first doorway behind the sofa (basically still outside) and kept my chainsaw revving. Got about 3 executions this way. Then I killed the Grinders/Boomers and ran in to chainsaw some more.

Do NOT plug the e-hole outside with a grenade/boomshot, you need the extra enemies for your 3 stars.

Section 3, Chapter 3 (Paduk's Testimony - Soleno Villa.

It's worth pointing out that there is a sawed off shotgun on the right hand side of the area in the little alcove when the Maulers come in. This is the best weapon for dealing with Maulers. It also gets you about 40% of a star for GIBing a mauler with the sawn off - so three of these is very handy.

I just pick it up to deal with those enemies and then go and get my old weapon back before I move through to the Ragers.

There is also a Mulcher just before the Rager area, head to the right before you go through the door that the Mauler's came through. This helps to deal with the first two Ragers that charge at your team - again these two heavy weapons kills will add a good amount to your stars rating.

There are frag grenades too, up the steps on the left side of the Mauler area.

Edited by robrock3

• 3 weeks later...

For the first phase use the Lancer until he retreats, then run to the giant hole (where he starts) and exchange the Markza for your secondary weapon. Hide behind a pillar and kill the Torque Bow Therons. When Karn returns to the Battle, run around in a big circle, occasionally shooting at the enemies until all are dead. Grab the Boomshot (to the right from where you start) and drop the Lancer. Attack Karn again with the Markza until he retreats again. Now position yourself near the crack with the onyx ammo cache. Markza the Grinders and Boomshot the Ragers. If you're out of Boomshot-Ammo, pick up the onyx cache. You should kill all the enemies quickly and then focus your fire on Karn. If he spawns new enemies, reload, because you're probably not gonne make it. If his beast stumbles, you got him.

Good luck!