COD3 or GOW

Bomber v4

Pick from these 2 choices instead

Call of Duty 3

Rated 8.8 on IGN which gave COD2 a 9.0

A game on more than just the xbox 360

A game that you just played within the last year, but "new"

A game with not very different weapons than the original

Even the case is similar in design! I couldn't tell it was the 3rd one when I saw it until i saw the 3!"

Quote from IGN "If you want a near perfect descriptor of the gameplay in COD3 just pop in last year's hit Call of Duty 2" = repetition x 2

OR

Gears Of War

The first official next gen game

Rated 9.4 on IGN

New weapons never seen before

Quotes from IGN

"Gears of War more than lives up to the impossible hype."

"It's here that you truly realize what a masterpiece Epic has created in Gears of War. Yes, it's the most gorgeous looking game on the Xbox 360, period. Yes, the sound design is worthy of awards. Yes, the game is fun as hell"

having now played both i have this to say:

cod3 is a HUGE step forward and is soooo much better than cod2.

Gears is fantastic. and the single player is very challening. i suggest bringing a friend along your adventure..havent gotten a chance to try out the multi yet as my live is on suspension right now.

You gotta get GoW because the first play will have you giggling like a schoolgirl!...it really is that good.

Saying that...there isn't much replay value and multiplayer is very repetitive. If money is tight...get CoD3 cos you'll get a longer, more varied gaming experience. If not buy both...finish GoW in a few hours and then play CoD3! Once that's finished, go play GoW online for a bit and HOPEFULLY Treyarch will have patched CoD by then. ;)

Its strange, quite a lot of people say COD3 is great but some critics have reallly had a swipe at it. Like the pointless minigames that you always win and ofcourse the problems with online ranked games. But once they get it all patched up COD3 will be a great to play.