Enlightened Achievement Guide

lilysintrigue

Just got this achievement without even trying to get it. :p

Actually I did:

- Looked around for every kind of secret in there (so probably I got all the flashbacks)

- Looted everything possible, even the bullets from the guitar player

- Didn't accept the bullets from Sasha's Mother

- Killed everyone in the "stealth" part

- Saved the Reds

Actually the Dark Ones in the end were saying that I must be stopped/killed etc, and I shot the last Dark One on top of the tower.

After that I just shot the tripod and got the good ending, reload, waited 20 seconds and got the bad one. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, i know this may seem old for most of you, but i got a question. i took the tape from the soldiert at DEFENCE but forgot to broadcast it on Outpost, because by the time i was out of the building i realized that i couldnt go back up to the radio station. as a matter of fact the game saves automatically by just going outside of the building, which means that even though i turn off my xbox 360 i will still appear in the same place.

how important is this flashlight-thing in outpost? i have already beaten the game once, so i can reload any chapter, but reloading Outpost in the middle of my second playthrough is no solution to my problem right?

umm i have to say that i totally agree with delta n1n3 i just did most of the morally good choices but i stole bullets from civilians and basically did a middle of the road playthrough and when i shot the laser designator off i got the achievement, its cool that lily researched that novus homo stuff but honestly i think this achievement can be gotten by doing most the good choices, looking around heaps and shooting the designator maybe thats all that needs to be said?

oh and i got both endings in one playthrough, honestly if you want to do it in 1 PT then do all the good moral choices and look everywhere because the "ranger" ending is just a case of reloading the last checkpoint and waiting for the bombs...

interesting note that i heard the dark ones say "he can hear us.." etc, but they also said "he is here to destroy us" and "he must be stopped" and i still got the enlightened achievement.

Edited by detseightyone

umm i have to say that i totally agree with delta n1n3 i just did most of the morally good choices but i stole bullets from civilians and basically did a middle of the road playthrough and when i shot the laser designator off i got the achievement, its cool that lily researched that novus homo stuff but honestly i think this achievement can be gotten by doing most the good choices, looking around heaps and shooting the designator maybe thats all that needs to be said?

oh and i got both endings in one playthrough, honestly if you want to do it in 1 PT then do all the good moral choices and look everywhere because the "ranger" ending is just a case of reloading the last checkpoint and waiting for the bombs...

interesting note that i heard the dark ones say "he can hear us.." etc, but they also said "he is here to destroy us" and "he must be stopped" and i still got the enlightened achievement.

Exact same thing happened to me, Enlightened isn't as complicated as it's made out to be, just be mostly good and shoot the designator at the end.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Totally don't understand this achievement and what is necessary now.. I followed the OP's guide to the letter.. although I missed some beggars during the 'bourbon' section (they just weren't there). So I went through the game doing everything else.. I get to the end and the dark ones are all saying "stop him, he's going to kill us" etc. I'm thinking to myself.. well shit.. now I have to do this all again.. After running through the 'mazes' and you get the gun from you comrade I shot the dark one in the face. Once you come back to reality and the dark one reaches for the laser pointer.. I shot the laser targeting system and I got the "Enlightened" achievement anyway. So keep that in mind anyone else who plays this.

• 1 month later...

You most definitely do NOT need everything in this guide i know i missed most of the guitars and a few other things. i also DID take the ammo from "fallen comrade" near the end. it is none the less a very good guide and if anyone follows MOST of the guide they should get the achievement no problem.

on a side note if you have a CHOICE after killing the dark one in the maze then you can get Enlightened and hostile by reloading checkpoint

Edited by PMonk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Without looting certain bullets, it's like making you play through the whole game again. But people have gotten all endings by just reloading, and saying they got everything in one playthrough. If this is true, then taking bullets that are collectibles either don't count, or barely count towards the moral stuff. I really don't like this achievement. I cross my fingers I get it.

I got Enlightened achievement and ignored the warnings about looting the bullets. You can feel free to get the bullets that go towards the Sherlock achievement. You can miss a decent amount of the flashes, but the important ones likely need to be done.

I think the one that matters most of all is going towards the Dark Ones in few, I think 2 sequences and listening to Khan before heading to D6.

I think the one that matters most of all is going towards the Dark Ones in few, I think 2 sequences and listening to Khan before heading to D6.

I forgot to listen to Khan. I didn't really follow a guide much but as a basis. I figured I was going to miss it anyways so I did a few but not nearly what's on the list. What I didn't get was the Explorer one. Now that was quite a disappointment!

I forgot to listen to Khan. I didn't really follow a guide much but as a basis. I figured I was going to miss it anyways so I did a few but not nearly what's on the list. What I didn't get was the Explorer one. Now that was quite a disappointment!

I was missing about 10 cheevos total at the end, but did most of them through chapter select (mostly weapon kills and that stuff).

Now I´m missing only 3 - Kill 1 person with each weapons in the game, disarm 10 wire traps and the achievement that no one for really sure knows the requirement(s) - Explorer.

I will need to give it another playthrough just for those stupid cheevos lol, cause you can´t chapter select for wire traps and weaponsmith (it needs to be done in one playthrough).

Would love some confirmation on Explorer before I go for it and finally jump into Last Light, it really is a tricky achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

When you said no looting from commoners does that also mean like the already dead ones in the tunnels. For ex.) The mission immediatly after rita when you first meet bourban and there are dead commoners i think in the tunnels there where you can get your first phnematic gun can you loot them or don't???

When you said no looting from commoners does that also mean like the already dead ones in the tunnels. For ex.) The mission immediatly after rita when you first meet bourban and there are dead commoners i think in the tunnels there where you can get your first phnematic gun can you loot them or don't???

You can normally loot from dead people (innos or soldiers or whoever) but just don´t loot from normal/friendly people in stations and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

At the time this game came out, the path to getting these cheevos was much more nebulous. Now that I got everything on Last Light, it was easy to go back and get enlightened, which I just finished: listen to conversations, refuse ammo from civilians, follow instructions from Khan, and run towards the Dark Ones in the visions you get.

You can loot anything and everything, dead civilians and guards a like. That makes no difference.

Whereas Last Light really made it obvious that you had to explore to get good endings (finding secret rooms and the like), this one mostly focused on decisions you make in Metro stations and following Khan's directions.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

F this game! I just spent the time on my second play through following the guide to get this. I got all the way to the end, and the game glitched on tower. Miller wouldn't follow me into the last shed, so i had to restart the chapter, which of course voids this achievement. What a waste.