Public Menace Method(s)

Manc_Man

This is how I got this achievement not 5 minutes ago:

The Phantom Corsair is worth 24,000 and the Deusenberg Walker Coupe is worth 25,000. Just destroy both of these, finish the case and you'll have it. They're both hidden cars, so their locations will be on the map. :)

Then again, you could just destroy a bunch of hidden cars and unlock the achievement, but those two cars are the only ones with values posted on the Social Club Website.

I used the Corsair as well. Very fast and surprisingly tough. I kept destroying them over a period of 30 min or so and wound up with over $178K in damage.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey to anyone going way over the amount, (I'm sure it was on this site I read it)

When you hit $47,000, your partner will say, "You're a Goddamned Menace!"

It took me about 10-15 mins of easily crashing cars untill he said it, I smashed two more up for good luck & had $48,000 at the end, kind of easy! ;)

He says this anyway when you crash. Its one of his random lines for driving dangerously.

Listen to him carefully dude, he ONLY uses the word "Menace" once you reach 47k... I did it two days ago.

I can confirm this is false. :(

I just sat here, did it until he said that line and had only reached 38k for Vehicle Damage.

Players are wasting a lot of time here.

Just use the most expensive car in the game, 25,000$ one, and crash it twice. I got it this way.

Head to Social Club if you don't know the values of all vehicles.

Originally Posted by KNUCKS x360a

Listen to him carefully dude, he ONLY uses the word "Menace" once you reach 47k... I did it two days ago.

Lie. He will say it at random times. When I was crashing around for fun the partner said it more than five times during the time where I didn't even reach to 10 000$.

'You're a god damn menace!'

Edited by Frost FI

Facepalm

I can confirm this is false. :(

I just sat here, did it until he said that line and had only reached 38k for Vehicle Damage.

I can confirm its not. I did it myself.

Lie. He will say it at random times. When I was crashing around for fun the partner said it more than five times during the time where I didn't even reach to 10 000$.

'You're a god damn menace!'

Lie?! So i'm lying now?! lol

I can categorically confirm this is what ****I**** did, & it worked.... Think what you like!

As for this Thread, I'm out! ;)

Facepalm

I can confirm its not. I did it myself.

Lie?! So i'm lying now?! lol

I can categorically confirm this is what ****I**** did, & it worked.... Think what you like!

As for this Thread, I'm out! ;)

It seems like your case was a lucky coincidence, I mean you've already got 3 people disagreeing with what you've said from their experiences.

The Phantom Corsair is worth 24,000 and the Deusenberg Walker Coupe is worth 25,000. Just destroy both of these, finish the case and you'll have it. They're both hidden cars, so their locations will be on the map. :)

Then again, you could just destroy a bunch of hidden cars and unlock the achievement, but those two cars are the only ones with values posted on the Social Club Website.

It will probably have to be more of the hidden cars, because destroying those two hidden cars, along with some regular ones, only netted me $14,890

How can I track this on the social club? Some previous poster said you could.

After you hit a save point, go to the social club (use your computer, laptop, phone, etc.) and login (you must obviously have previously linked your gamertag to the account). Click on "Cases" to see the case tracker. Click on "Traffic" (assuming you're doing "The Driver's Seat"). Check the top right corner of the screen to see your current damage. Once you see that you've enough, complete the case ASAP.

I used the fire truck method and racked up over $66,000 on vehicle damages alone (not including city damage and injuries).

Thanks for the information with how to track it on the Social Club, I wish you could simply do it in game however.

I almost have all of the achievements, I just have to find all the damn cars and five star the missions.

• 2 weeks later...

The Phantom Corsair is worth 24,000 and the Deusenberg Walker Coupe is worth 25,000..

I was bouncing back and forth between these two (fast traveling), destroyed them 4 times each (engine fire, partner hops out), assumed that was good enough so I went and finished the case. I ended with about 41,000. So I re-loaded my last checkpoint.

New strat. The Walker Coupe is a POS and a gawdamn pain to drive so I went straight for the Phantom. Those bastards get up to speed real quick and get the job done. I destroyed it within 5 blocks and fast traveled back (they re-spawn surprisingly) and repeated 2 more times. 3 destroyed Phantoms gave me $19,000 and bumped my total to $60k for that cheev.

Thanks for the tips. Definitely beats destroying 50 cars.

I did this on your final Murder mission "The Quarter Moon Murders".

This is a great mission to do this on with the help of Rockstars Social Club site because there are 7 different places where you find a letter, and finding each one of those updates your stats on the social club site. I did this between finding those letters and checking the site and ended up with 55k of damage, so I wasn't wasting unnecessary time getting way more.