how hard is it

Infected Fury

Probably the easiest of the CoD games. Some areas will kill you and others will be a nice breeze in the park. Top game and one of my favourite WW games!

Allow some time though - 20+ hours for me, but less if you are a veteran playing on veteran!

It is pretty hard going at times and as you are using older weapons, it does seem to restrict the flow. But it is the most enjoyable.

I think MW2 is easier than MW and WaW I got quite a chunk of the way through before dropping down a difficulty (I know, I'm weak...)

CoD games are do-able on veteran, but for the most part, it is down to persistence! Keep at it and you'll get there. And in all fairness, the game is so addictive, you do stick at it!

Probably the easiest of the CoD games. Some areas will kill you and others will be a nice breeze in the park. Top game and one of my favourite WW games!

Allow some time though - 20+ hours for me, but less if you are a veteran playing on veteran!

I beg to differ!

CoD2 isnt easy, I've beaten most CoDs except the spam nading WaW and 3 <-- havent got round to 3 yet, on vet and CoD2 was a bitch.

You cant through back nades, some levels are based on pure luck... It is imo and many others if you'd searched the forum on of the hardest out there!

I normally start new CoDs on vet but I got to the point in 2 where I nearly gave up..

Hey but everyones different.. But its nothing like MW2. MW2 was set to lower standard than any other CoD and is easy. If you cant do MW2 on Vet dont even try 2+

I beg to differ!

CoD2 isnt easy, I've beaten most CoDs except the spam nading WaW and 3 <-- havent got round to 3 yet, on vet and CoD2 was a bitch.

You cant through back nades, some levels are based on pure luck... It is imo and many others if you'd searched the forum on of the hardest out there!

I normally start new CoDs on vet but I got to the point in 2 where I nearly gave up..

Hey but everyones different.. But its nothing like MW2. MW2 was set to lower standard than any other CoD and is easy. If you cant do MW2 on Vet dont even try 2+

agreed...COD2 is some where between COD4 and WAW.

I beg to differ!

agree, done all cod games on vet other then cod 3 found cod 2 by far the hardest and WaW the most anoying both MW easy and too short wanted them to be longer

I have every call of duty achievement for every game and here is my list.

1. W@W

2. COD 3

3. MW

4. Classic

5. Cod 2

6. MW 2

LOL...thanks for sharing? You're awesome?

Anyways...sure, this game is difficult, no doubt about it. But hardly more difficult than 3 & World at War. The only one I haven't played is the first one on arcade but everyone is different.

People may feel that this could be the hardest of the series. I personally felt that World at War was the hardest (and seem to share that opinion with quite a few others here). Both Modern Warfare games were fairly easy with difficult spots, mainly choke points.

Abuse your smoke grenades if you get stuck and if you get really stuck you could just use the "move up and then move back" technique and let your teammates kill everyone else. While I am almost through my second playthrough on veteran (this is my second tag), I am finding it less and less troubling on veteran as I go through. Hill 300 really wasn't that tough and neither is crossing the Rhine (currently the level I am on).

Good luck regardless!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't completed it yet but ive made some progress, although I found quite a good walkthrough for it: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLbyrOdgToU&feature=related]YouTube - 'Red Army Training' Call of Duty 2 Veteran Walkthrough[/ame]

It helped me to find good places to cover and when to use smoke etc etc. Hope this helps =D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hardest game I've ever played in my life, and I've played a LOT of games. The game itself isn't actually difficult, it's just the horrible AI you have to deal with. They aim instantly, throw grenades if they can't shoot you, shoot through smoke, are incredibly unbalanced and take more shots to kill than you do. Think of it as you with 50 health and the enemies with 100. Usually two shots kill you, an instant death.

This game has a fantastic multiplayer element, and I loved playing it back in my PC days, but as a SP campaign I really question what the hell IW were thinking. Games aren't fun when they're this difficult. My controller can testify to that.

Only positive thing I can say about the SP campaign involves the frequency of checkpoints for the harder difficulties. I'm on the last mission at the moment, made it through the entire mission in about 2 or 3 hours but I forgot to press "save and exit", so now I have to start from the beginning again. Another annoying "feature".

Edited by GMX09

• 2 months later...