COMMITTED ach. - I Got It

FINAL UPDATE: All you have to do is change your time zone on a Monday so that it switches back and forth between a Monday and Tuesday. Thank you to everyone that confirmed this.

Everything below is the method I used, but it can be done on either a Monday or really really early on a Tuesday morning for most people.

I did it on a Tuesday morning between 6:30 - 7:00 AM U.S. Eastern Time.

I switched the Time Zone back and forth between -12 Tokelau (Mon 10:30 PM) and +14 Kiribati (Wed 12:30 AM).

Change your "TIME ZONE" in the console settings to -12 so that it is still a monday. Load the game to the menu, then quit to dashboard. Change the time zone to the +14 so that it is now a tuesday and reload the game. Rinse and repeat.

UPDATE FEB. 2009: People are saying that it might have changed to Tues/Wed and some are saying that it's now switched to Wed/Thurs... All I can say is try Mon/Tues and do it 13 times (13 because there are roughly 12 weeks in 3 months and and extra week to be safe), doesn't work, try it the next day and again do it 13 times... you will get it eventually. And MAKE SURE THAT YOUR TIME ZONES are changing to the days you need. The time zones I used did, but to make a Tuesday you might need a different time zone because you are doing it at a later global time to when I did, so just make sure that it IS IN FACT switching between a Mon/Tues OR figure out what zone you need before you do it a 100 times and blame me that it's not working. I did mine in Sept. and it worked switching between a Monday and Tuesday and took about ten tries. If it doesn't work for you, you aren't doing it right, or they changed the days the week ends and begins in an update to stop you from doing this... I don't know. All I do know is it worked for me and many people afterwards. So don't fret, just try every day of the week ten times... you will get it eventually. Sorry.

-----------

OLD UPDATE NO LONGER APPLIES, IGNORE: I got to thinking and I'm worried that those of us that got it, just got lucky we were doing it at the end of the month and that it was switching between Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. So not only was the day changing, but the month, too. So loading the game twice counted as 1 month (sept - oct - back to sept), which is why some people say they got it after 7 tries. So you might have to do it at the end of a month so it switches between two months rather than between a monday and tuesday.

This is NOT certain but I will feel terrible if someone waits till next monday and doesn't get it, so PLEASE, if anyone tries it next monday, post your results after giving it at least 12 or so tries. Thank You! Has been confirmed that the months has nothing to do with it, simply switching between a Monday and Tuesday is all that's needed for Committed. Thank you everyone.

Edited by B1indSide

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty pathetic that no one can just do it for real. What harm is there is actually doing it?

Ummm, how about if you rented the game and wanted to finish it without having to keep it for 3 months :confused:

Good work guys, should help alot of people out.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion you just need to realise that other people might not give a crap about yours.

bradelo, like Steakman said, I rented it, and I can't stand when a company makes a ridiculously short 8 hour game, and tries to make it last by including achievements that require you to boot the game up for an entire year. You don't even have to play the game, just load it up. Those are pretty pathetic tactics so I might as well stoop as low as them and get creative in finding a way around it.

If you haven't noticed, you joined a site built around getting achievements the quickest and easiest way, so seeing as you joined then that makes you just as pathetic and more so more pointing it out. Good job.

and dethklok, are you f'ing serious. You boost for achievements and are asking for help to boost right in your sig... how is that any different? Quit being a hypocrite and "just do it for real."

You try to help other people out and get called pathetic. Awesome.

This game is a very good game IMO however i completed the story mode 6hours after which i bought the game, it would be rediculous to play the game for 100 days after i have already done everything. So certain people that have done everything else there is to do in this game or if you have rented the title, may want to do the glitches for the 7days 3months and 100days achievements. If maybe there was more content within the game then 100 days wouldnt be a problem but the level of which the computer AI are the game will never take more then 10 hours for me to complete even on Authentic.

This game is a very good game IMO however i completed the story mode 6hours after which i bought the game, it would be rediculous to play the game for 100 days after i have already done everything. So certain people that have done everything else there is to do in this game or if you have rented the title, may want to do the glitches for the 7days 3months and 100days achievements. If maybe there was more content within the game then 100 days wouldnt be a problem but the level of which the computer AI are the game will never take more then 10 hours for me to complete even on Authentic.

You don't have to have 100 days of gameplay.... you just have to load the game in your system 100 times on 100 different days.

Right i've just got the other two time achievements (7 and 100 days) but i just need this one.

Im in the UK so which would be the best day and method to try it on?

Is it still plus 14 then -12 hours?

Try 10AM-12 Noon on Tuesday morning. You're only five hours ahead and I did it on at 6AM my time so 11AM your time on a Tuesday should be fine. If it doesn't work, then you'll have to wait till Friday Oct. 31 so that it switched between Oct. and Nov.

Let me know if it works Tuesday though so I can verify that the months switching does/doesn't factor.

it anit unlocking for me :(. i have try it by the new week number, i.e. 5th oct is week number 40 and the 6th oct is week number 41... so i have been switching between the 5th/6th and still no achievement done it 20times still nothing any help would be gr8........

if anyone tries it next monday, post your results after giving it at least 12 or so tries. Thank You!
Today( Monday 6/10) I got the "Committed" achievement too.

I switched the time between Monday(6/10) and Tuesday(7/10) , I got the achievement 15mins ago( GMT 13:45)

Edited by BlackcatS