Which three guns do you carry?

1mpr3gn4t0r

Which three guns (pre-order guns dno't work for me:() do you usually carry or recommend carrying?

A lot of people seem to like the Assault Rifle, but I've found it to be a bit weak and personally I prefer the Heavy Machine Gune. There isn't much use in carrying both is there?

Even a fully upgraded lock on lasers didn't seem to do much damage for me. I didn't get to fully upgrade the rocket launcher on my playthrough but I understand that you get to carry way more than 3? Then perhaps it could be handy to have.

LFE and disc launcher didn't seem to do enough damage for me, may be I needed to have upgraded them or I wasn't using them properly?

Especially for my Hard playthrough, what do you recommend or what did you take for your Hard/God Hard playthrough?

Cheers.

max lvl Assault rifle for my usual needs of killing with 1200 rounds plus good distance, if u aim for the head there dead in a few rounds

max lvl shotgun for the bosses, AR mode+pointblank = crystal viper dead in 16-20 shots, takes like a min to kill

for the 3rd, whatever, if its a hard boss, than rocket launcher, but its its multiple Romanov its LFE gun just to give myself space, tho oddly i defeated Burns with a sniper rifle on hard :s

i dont use melee very often, but i use the slide kick+ar for the kills just for fun, and for stuff like the "unknown" use ar with assault rifle, then emp grenade with assault rifle and to fin emp with assault rifles melee attack, where u button bash the B button to get to multi punch combo, totally sweet end

FYI the disk launcher is the only weapon that allows you to use melee without overheat

Edited by Maxram0

Heavy Machinegun for general goons - once it's fully upgraded, it's got good enough accuracy to tag remote targets. Disk-launcher mostly for meele, but it's also good against groups, since the discs bounce around a lot.

The last one depends on the situation. Usually a Rocketlauncher if I can find one, for dealing with the really big stuff - and no, you never get to carry more than 3 rockets. Upgrades just increase damage and reduce lock-on time. If there's lots of remote enemies, I'll pick up a sniper-rifle instead. Otherwise, I'll just take whatever I can find to suit the situation. Multi-Lockon-Laser is nice for dealing with multiple foes at long range, since it's accurate and doesn't require you to pop out of cover for more than a second or two... LED gun for dealing with groups closing in on you, assault-rifle for backup if you're running out of Heavy Machinegun ammo, Shotgun for dealing with heavies and bosses in close combat...

I am using the heavy machine gun, the assault rifle and change the last slot depending on the situation, sniper rifle or rocket launcher, whatever i can find. the only drawback is that the "swap"weapon ist not maxed out... but i am only at chapter 2-3. It sounds good to use the disk launcher, especially because you can do more melee attacks without overheating.

I am using the heavy machine gun, the assault rifle and change the last slot depending on the situation, sniper rifle or rocket launcher, whatever i can find. the only drawback is that the "swap"weapon ist not maxed out... but i am only at chapter 2-3. It sounds good to use the disk launcher, especially because you can do more melee attacks without overheating.

only problem with disk launcher's melee attack is, that you can be attacked and canceled before afflicting the maximum of damage. During a "real" melee attack you are invulnerable even if it is a very small time window :)

I have the preorder guns, so the three I used most were HMG, AR, and Laser Cannon. The HMG is easiest to upgrade because it seems like its drops more than the other guns, plus it does really good damage. The AR has range and accuracy, plus its large ammo capacity makes up for lack of damage. It also seems to drop alot as well. The laser cannon is a beast and you dont have to worry about ammo as it uses your suits power.

For you I would definalty use the HMG and AR. As your third weapon I would go shotgun or disk launcher. Both of these are good for close quarter combat. The disk launcher is great for melee attacks because it uses ammo rather than your suits power, so you can rush 2 or 3 RIs and melee all three, whereas with your suit after one melee attack it overheats.

*EDIT*

Just a side note, it is important to know what you are up against as some weapons far better than others against certain opponents and in certain circumstances. When I ended my first playthrough on Hard I had all weapons fully upgraded. So even if you use a standard loadout, it is easy to still pick up weapons and upgrade them, then swap back to your loadout before leaving a stage.

Edited by ExtremeRugburn

• 2 weeks later...

Fully upgraded Anti-armor Pistol. Insane damage really, as in "go on, eat the damn wood pie or the space beaver gets it"-insane. It kills anything and everything the games throws at you on medium.

Fully upgraded Assault Rifle. Loads of ammo and decent damage.

Rocket Launcher or Sniper Rifle depending on the situation, I mostly favor the RL though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...