Online Mode(s) Shutting Down May 31 | Unobtainable Achievement(s)

iBuzz7S

Question: I read that GameSpy is closing. How will this affect past Rockstar Games titles?

Answer: GameSpy has announced that hosted services will no longer be provided as of May 31, 2014: http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/. While Grand Theft Auto V is unaffected, our teams are currently working to patch specific older titles to keep the transition as smooth as possible and minimize the impact on online-enabled play and your in-game experience. The majority of changes will be in the form of Rockstar Social Club services, including stat tracking and leaderboards. Unfortunately, it will be necessary to bid farewell to certain online features in older games. We appreciate the support and continued enthusiasm for the legacy Rockstar Games catalogue, and sincerely apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Midnight Club Los Angeles / MCLA Complete Edition

• Online multiplayer gameplay: Removed for the PlayStation®3 version only
  • All Social Club website features and account linking: Removed
  • In-game multiplayer leaderboards: Removed for PlayStation®3 version only
  • In-game Rate My Ride and Driving Test unlocks: Removed

In-game 'Rate My Ride' unlocks you at least one achievement and that is 'Everyone's a Critic'. Not sure if anything else will be affected, but that is one achievement that will be unobtainable with the closure.

More info: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203102767

There are two achievements tied to Rate-My-Ride, which is to upload a car and rate 25 cars.

Since this feature will be removed, those two will become discontinued.

Rate my Ride has two versions - in-game and community site, they will shut down the site, not game

I got the achievement for uploading a ride. The achievement for rating 25 vehicles is doable, but you are lucky to rate 1 ride before there is an error.

Agreed. Took quite a few tries to get all 25 cars rated. Constantly got the server unavailable message, but even though it was erroring out it was keeping track of the cars I rated when I was able to make a connection.

Finally got the last car a few minutes ago so my advice is just keep trying, and perhaps wait 10 seconds or so before clicking to the next car - seemed a little more reliable that way.

yes it did allow me in to rate a few last night so I guess its just a matter of continually trying until the cheevo pops

good to hear its counting the ones you get before it says server down each time as I am only getting one or two each time I finally get in

cheers for heads up

• 1 month later...