Freezing/locking up

Jordbrett

My game keeps freezing right as I'm about to pull the last headshot on a guy in wave 14 of The OPS Zeal...happened four times now, all at the same moment, just as I zoom in with the sniper rifle for the kill. Don't know why this is happening. Wave 14 is the ONLY blue ribbon I'm missing from The OPs Zeal. Too frustrating.

I haven't had a freeze per se, but I just had a game-breaking glitch on Wave 15 of the second level, the theater. Killed the final enemy in the last wave and...nothing happens. The game just continues as though there are more enemies. Tried killing myself to restart in the office, hoping that would fix it, but nothing worked. I finally restarted from checkpoint, which put me back in the museum, as if I'd never started the theater. Lost all the silver eagles, all the ribbons, Gear, infusions, I lost EVERYTHING. This DLC is horribly, horribly, horribly broken.

Jesus Crotchgrabbing Christ, the more I read threads about this DLC the further down in my playlist it goes.

I may do what I did with Dishonored and not play this until the 1st story DLC comes out.

Everything about this DLC seems irritating and unnecessary. I think I had quite enough combat in the main game, thanks.

I've had it installed since I got the DLC. But after spending three hours completing all the Blue Ribbon challenges in the theater level, only to be robbed out of everything I just accomplished due to this game-breaking glitch, I'm not touching the game again until Burial at Sea comes out. I can't believe they would even release such broken DLC to the public. It was like playing Aliens: Colonial marines.

I've had it installed since I got the DLC. But after spending three hours completing all the Blue Ribbon challenges in the theater level, only to be robbed out of everything I just accomplished due to this game-breaking glitch, I'm not touching the game again until Burial at Sea comes out. I can't believe they would even release such broken DLC to the public. It was like playing Aliens: Colonial marines.

Lmao, it's not that bad. I'm sure the people who are freezing are in the minority.

Lmao, it's not that bad. I'm sure the people who are freezing are in the minority.

I had one freeze during the entire time I played the DLC. I was going back through wave 1-8 again for the third time to get to wave 9 and it froze as I was jumping from a barge to a random rooftop. Didn't freeze there again thank goodness, as I was going for my final ribbon during this time.

I had one freeze during the entire time I played the DLC. I was going back through wave 1-8 again for the third time to get to wave 9 and it froze as I was jumping from a barge to a random rooftop. Didn't freeze there again thank goodness, as I was going for my final ribbon during this time.

That would get me so agitated :eek: I haven't had any hiccups so far, which I'm grateful for. Hopefully I don't jinx myself.

Considering Colonial Marines was playable (albeit barely), and this DLC was so broken that THREE HOURS of work, over $20,000 silver eagles, and 15 Blue Ribbon Challenges that I earned were robbed from me, yes, I'd say it;s easily that bad.

Here are my issues, not necessarily in the order they occurred.

Ops Zeal - Wave 10 - One bad guy never showed up on map, when all else killed, the "!" mark indicating position is centered on me.

Ops Zeal - Wave 12 - Console freeze.

Ops Zeal - Wave 15 - Fell thru map, popped back up where I fell thru, repeating loop.

Theater - Wave 8 - All enemies killed, but map never "completed".

Theater - Wave 15 - Console freeze.

I have probably already played this for more than 10 hours, but by looking at what I have accomplished when I load up my last save you wouldn't know it. Really wish they would have either put an autosave, or access to the book for creating a save, in the preparation area.

I have (maybe) fixed it for me. I had originally played for about 3-4 hours, and it had frozen on me three separate times pretty late in an arena.

I decided to delete the DLC from my hard drive, and I also uninstalled Bioshock Infinite from my system. I redownloaded the DLC and kept the game uninstalled, and I ended up playing for 3 hours or so yesterday without it freezing up once.

I'm not sure if it's actually fixed, but I didn't have any problems with it so far. It could be related to me redownloading the DLC or it could be related to me uninstalling the game. Try to do both.

I haven't had a freeze per se, but I just had a game-breaking glitch on Wave 15 of the second level, the theater. Killed the final enemy in the last wave and...nothing happens. The game just continues as though there are more enemies. Tried killing myself to restart in the office, hoping that would fix it, but nothing worked. I finally restarted from checkpoint, which put me back in the museum, as if I'd never started the theater. Lost all the silver eagles, all the ribbons, Gear, infusions, I lost EVERYTHING. This DLC is horribly, horribly, horribly broken.

You mean the level where you have to destroy the zeplin engine to finish it?

the game ain't broken you just haven't completed the wave fully

^this

You have to destroy the zeppelin. And you do not have to kill all enemies in the engine room (or whatever it is). Use the Skyhook on the engine (?), jump out and all enemies in the room should die.

I finally finished the map, it's ridiculous that the game doesn't tell you the engine counts as an "enemy". I was wasting time looking for an enemy that didn't exist. Too bad it accomplished nothing as far as leaderboards go, since 5 seconds into the wave I was sniped from across the map and died. Had the extra life, opened the door, and LESS THAN ONE SECOND LATER, sniped again. The difficulty on this DLC is absolutely unreal, it makes Hardcore Mode in Dead Space 2 look like Super Mario World.

• 3 weeks later...
I have (maybe) fixed it for me. I had originally played for about 3-4 hours, and it had frozen on me three separate times pretty late in an arena.

I've had it freeze on me every time I've played, about halfway through the first arena. Sooooooo frustrating.

• 5 weeks later...