Halo Wars Multiplayer Strategy Guide

Bluntman428

**READ BEFORE POSTING This is a work in progress. I just wanted to post it now in order to get some formatting things associated with the images I've taken out of the way. The finished product should be done this weekend. In the meantime, enjoy the guide and check back for updates. I still have yet to include the section on Leaders and individual map strategies.

Please do not make posts saying I missed something. I haven't missed anything, I just haven't uploaded the whole guide and I still have a bit more work to do. When the guide is done, what you're reading now won't be here.**

Halo Wars Multiplayer Strategy Guide

A Baked Buffalo Production

It wasn’t long ago that the prospect of playing a Real-Time Strategy game on a console was unfathomable. It had been tried several times before with pretty poor results. Then Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2 dropped on the Xbox 360 and shattered everyone’s perception of what a strategy game on a console can be. There have been several games in the genre brought to the 360 since then; all of which were ports of PC games. They were great games, but if you have a suitable gaming rig, it would be foolish to buy them on the 360 rather than the PC.

And then Halo Wars came along. Developed by acclaimed developer Ensemble Studios, the minds behind the legendary Age of Empires franchise, Halo Wars is the first Real-Time Strategy game developed from the ground up to utilize the 360’s controller rather than a mouse and keyboard. The finished product is easily the best RTS we’ve seen yet, which has given the game a huge following. Of course the Halo name on the box can also be thanked for that.

The popularity of Halo Wars has led to a ton of questions from gamers new to genre and those familiar with strategy games. So I’ve written this guide to help answer those questions. I’ve been a RTS player since I was in grade school, and I happen to be pretty badass at this one in particular. In this guide I’ll try to address every aspect of the game for your convenience. By the time you’re done reading, you should have a better understanding of the game and the tactics needed to excel at it.

FAQ.

Q: Who is the best faction leader?

A:There is no one faction leader who’s better than the rest. Games are won by strategy and your ability to adapt to your enemy’s maneuvers, not by picking an overpowered Leader like you’ll find in some games. All Leaders have strategies that will work as effectively as the next one’s. It’s all in how you play, not who you play with. Find a Leader you enjoy playing, and learn how to best utilize his unique abilities.

Q: What’s the best tactic for winning games consistently?

A: As I hinted at before, there is no one tactic that’s better than the rest. Every tactic has both advantages and disadvantages. The key to winning is your ability to adapt to what your enemy is doing. Intel is as important in virtual war as it is in a real world war. Know what your enemy is building, and build units to counter his strategy effectively.

Q: Do I have to rush to win games?

A: No. This is a myth. Rushing is an effective strategy, but it’s flawed in that if your initial rush is warded off, you’ll be at a serious disadvantage later because your enemy is ahead of you tech-wise. The key to winning games in Halo Wars is not in rushing; it’s all about learning how to effectively counter rushes.

Most players, particularly in 1v1 games, will try to rush you. This can be frustrating early on in your career as you struggle to figure out how to survive a rush. But once you do, you’ll spank rushers consistently. For more details on how to rush as well as how to counter rush, read further on in the guide.

Q: Which Leader do you use?

A: Primarily the Arbiter in 1v1 games. I like his counter-rush capabilities as well as his ability to clean up weak air and infantry units single-handedly. In team games I play either Prophet of Regret or Professor Anders.

Q: Can you explain the controls?

A: No. Your game came with an instruction manual as well as a tutorial for this sort of stuff. Use them.

Q: Is there any chance you can provide us with videos?

A: If someone wants to donate a capture card to the cause, I would love to. Unfortunately I do not have the fundage right now to afford one. If a time comes when I do get a capture card, I will provide you with videos for my strategies.

Q: Why should we read your guide? What makes you so special? What kind of stupid name is Baked Buffalo?

A: I’m ranked in the top 50 in 1v1 based on Trueskill, and ranked in the top 20 for wins as the Arbiter. That is why you should heed my advice. Pictures will be uploaded soon to prove this claim. Next question.

Q: I really enjoyed Halo Wars. What other Real-Time Strategy games are there on the Xbox 360?

A: While no other strategy game on the 360 is as polished as this one, there are other options out there. I recommend Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2, Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, and Supreme Commander. Other options are Universe at War: Earth Assault and Warhammer: Battle March.

Edited by Bluntman428

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BASIC STRATEGY

In this section I will elaborate on some of the basic strategies that should be used with all Leaders at all times. These are the basic game mechanics that you must master to become good at the game.

Micro-Management

This is the most important part of any strategy game, and Halo Wars is no exception. You have to be able to switch between several groups of units and bases at the same time without getting confused. At no time should your attention ever be focused solely on one thing. For example, if you’re attacking an enemy base, you should still be switching back to your own base to keep units in the build queue so you can reinforce your initial assault forces as they begin to dwindle.

While there’s no real way to explain micro-managing in a way that will make you better, I can tell you how it’s done most effectively in Halo Wars. The D-pad gives you the ability to cycle between units, bases, and Leader powers at the press of a button. Right and Left on the D-Pad switches between your bases. Down cycles between groups of units. Up selects your Leader on the field if you’re playing as the Covenant, or it will give you access to the Leader Power Wheel as the UNSC. Learn how to switch between your various units and structures swiftly and without getting mixed up.

Resource Crates

One of the most commonly neglected things in the game are these little blue boxes strewn across the map. Each box is worth 30 resource points, and they usually come in groups of 3. Collect all 3 and that’s 90 resources, which is quite a chunk of change early on in the game. You should always be sending out the Warthog or Ghost you start the game with to collect resource crates while you’re building your base up.

Covenant leaders get a substantial advantage over the UNSC in this aspect of the game for two reasons. First, the Covenant ghost starts with guns equipped from the beginning, while the Warthog needs to be upgraded to use a weapon. If you’re playing as the Covenant, use your Ghost to kill the enemy’s Warthog if you get the chance. Just look out for the Warthog’s ram ability, although you should be able to take it out without worrying about it provided your Ghost has more hitpoints than the Warthog when you attack it.

The Covenant also get a significant advantage here because their Leaders can collect resources as well once they’re spawned from the Temple. Not only can they collect resources, they collect them much faster than any other units. If you’re playing as the Covenant, one strategy that works well is to send your Ghost into enemy territory and start stealing their crates. Then once your leader’s spawned, collect the crates near your side of the map. Voila, instant advantage over your opponent.

Intel and Counter-Intel

Knowing what your enemy’s doing is half the battle. If you know what units he’s working on and what structures he’s building, you can respond accordingly with units that are good against what he’s building. The best method for this by far is to use scouting units like your Warthog or Ghost and just pop by the front of his base for a brief moment to see what he’s got out front.

You should also make efforts to ensure the enemy doesn’t know what you are doing. The best method for this is to set the rally point for your units (where they move to when they are finished being built) to somewhere outside your base. I like to set my rally point to an area behind or to the side of my base where their scouts likely won’t see them if they make a sweep by my base.

Base Expansion

Another key aspect of the game is how fast you can expand by building new bases. The benefits to building new bases are obvious, but knowing when to expand and when to wait is where the true strategy lies. It’s not wise to start expanding too early before you can afford it. It will cost you about 1000 resources to build a new base and upgrade it to a Keep which will keep it from being destroyed in a few shots and provide you with more slots to build on.

Because of the cost, it’s not beneficial to start expanding until you know for a fact that you’re safe from enemy attack for long enough to build the new base. If you start building your base too early, you’re vulnerable because you won’t have money to build new units or use Leader powers. It’s important to expand and construct new bases, but a base without units to defend it is worthless. Using proper scouting techniques can give you an idea of when is an appropriate time to start expanding.

The Scoreboard

At first glimpse, you’re probably wondering how the Scoreboard has any relation to strategy at all. But the Scoreboard, accessed by pressing the Back button on your control pad, is in fact one of your biggest allies. On top of letting you know which enemy Leader you’re up against, it tells you much more than you would think. Keep an eye on the scoreboard throughout the game. When you see your enemy’s score going up and you know he isn’t getting points from attacking you, you know he’s expanding. Any time you kill a rebel base, you gain roughly 24-30 points.

One diabolical strategy I use in nearly every game I play is to watch the scoreboard carefully. Once the enemy’s score starts going up, I send my units or Covenant leader over to the Rebel base closest to the enemy’s base. 9 times out of 10, they’ll have a base beginning to build there. I then attack the base while it’s at its weakest point so it will blow up in a matter of seconds. If the coast is clear after that, I will often set up my own base in that spot.

This tactic is particularly effective as the Covenant, because the Shield Generators they can build off their bases provide a shield that is almost impenetrable to the enemy’s units in the beginning of the game. Not only does this tactic prevent your enemy from building a base in that spot, it gives them something to distract them and give you time to build up your main base. Your opponent will often go into panic mode once they see you have a base set up right next to theirs, sending units in as fast as they can to try to dismantle it.

Edited by Bluntman428

GENERAL STRATEGIES

These are some of the basic strategies used by both factions.

Rushing

Whether you love it or hate it, rushing is a part of the game you’ll have to learn to adapt to in order to succeed online. Many, many players use rushing strategies. Rushing is when the enemy attacks you with a lot of weak units early on in the game in the hopes of overwhelming you while you’re focused on upgrading your units and expanding your bases. Depending on the skill of the rusher, you’re often doomed if their strategy is strong enough if you decide to tech up rather than build units from the get-go.

While there are dozens of different strategies for rushing, these are the most common ones you’ll run across.

Prophet of Regret

Most rushers like to use the Prophet to rush for two reasons. First, his Leader power calls forth a powerful beam that will kill pretty much anything in its path, particularly the relatively weak units you run into early in the game, almost instantly. Second, his hero-specific unit the Elite Honor Guard is fairly strong in the beginning of the game, is very cheap resource-wise, can be trained from the center of your base immediately after building a temple, and can be teleported straight to the Prophet while he’s attacking a base.

If the initial rush doesn’t kill off the opponent, most Prophet players will stop sending in Elite Honor Guards once they have the means to start recruiting better units such as Banshees, Hunters, or Jackals. The Prophet is a formidable threat when rushing, and is in my opinion the most dangerous of all the leaders in this regard, especially in a 1v1 game. This is due mostly to the fact that the Prophet has a shield, making him invincible until the shield has been dropped. This makes the Prophet incredibly hard to kill early on, and until he’s dead, he can keep summoning freshly created units straight to him while he’s attacking the enemy base.

Brute Chieftain

The Brute Chieftain is almost identical in the method he uses when rushing. His hero power is similar to the Prophet’s in essence, but has a wider area of effect in exchange for lower damage output. He also can recruit Brutes the same way the Prophet of Regret recruits Elite Honor Guards. Brutes are a little better than the Honor Guards simply because they are ranged units whilst the Honor Guards can only use melee. Many rushers prefer to use the Brute Chieftain over the Prophet of Regret for this reason. It’s simply a matter of personal preference which one you find you enjoy playing with more.

The Arbiter

Most skilled Arbiter players won’t rush you early, but there are exceptions. Rushing early on with the Arbiter is foolish for several reasons. The biggest of those being that going into Rage mode costs a ton of resources. Until you’ve researched the upgrade to make Rage mode cheaper to sustain and you’ve built enough Warehouses to keep a good money flow coming in, going into Rage mode should be reserved for emergencies. The Arbiter’s strength lies in his ability to counter a rush, which I will discuss more later.

If you do insist on rushing with the Arbiter, make sure you attack the buildings attached to an enemy’s base and not the center itself. Arby can make short work of attachments on a base, but he doesn’t do much to the center. Also, keep in mind that the Arbiter’s Suicide Grunts are excellent for taking out enemy buildings in a rush. I’ll discuss more about that strategy in the section for the Arbiter, but just remember that Suicide Grunts are worth the money and should be used often.

The Warthog Rush

This is perhaps the most commonly used rushing tactic. This is primarily because Warthogs are cheap, can be built from the center of a UNSC’s base from the beginning of the game at the cost of only 1 population point and 150 resources, and when upgraded they are a formidable thread in the beginning of the game. Warthogs are also very fast, making them excellent for hit and run attacks. An army of 15-20 Warthogs equipped with Gauss Cannons is unbelievably lethal if unleashed early on in the game. The Gauss Cannons are particularly effective against air units, buildings, and the Covenant’s leaders.

The method for rushing with Warthogs is simple: keep building Hogs at all time, building mostly just supply pads around your base. Research the upgrades for your Warthogs’ guns, and then start harassing the enemy with a non-stop stream of Warthogs. It may not seem like it would work, but the Warthog Rush is surprisingly effective.

All three UNSC Leaders can use the Warthog Rush strategy, however I’ve found that Professor Anders is best for the job. On top of paying half the cost for upgrades for all of her units, said upgrades also research faster. Forge is also quite good for this strategy because his Supply Pads are instantly upgraded to Heavy Supply Pads when built, making them both cheaper and quicker to build. The extra income from the Heavy Supply Pads makes it easier to tech up and keep a steady flow of Warthogs coming from your base.

Countering Rushes

I will discuss in greater detail how to effectively counter a rush later on in this guide in each individual leader’s section. For now, I’ll bring up some basic methods that can be used to counter a rush. Take note that you should always expect a rush consisting of what I’ve outlined above whenever playing against any faction. Most rushers use the exact same method when rushing, so when you learn to counter a rush once, you can basically counter them all with equal effect.

90% of the time when I lose a match, it’s to a rusher who’s come up with a solid strategy for rushing. Some Leaders are just extremely efficient (read: overpowered) in the first few minutes of the game before you can muster up an army. The Covenant in particular are strong in the early game because their Leader units are so powerful and can be deployed within 45 seconds of the game’s start. The Prophet of Regret is particularly dangerous in this regard. While most people rush in a 1v1 game, you’re almost guaranteed to be rushed hard if you’re playing against the Prophet or Brute Chieftain, so be ready for it.

Scouting

I stressed the importance of scouting earlier, but when defending against a rush, the best way to do so is to know what exactly you’re defending against. Always try to keep your scouting vehicle alive and take regular runs around the front of the enemy’s base as long as you can to see what they’re doing. If they’re building a lot of unit production buildings early on and there’s units out front, you’ll likely be rushed.

When playing against the Covenant, take a swing by their base in the beginning of the match and check out what they’re building. If you see a Temple being built first, you’re probably going to get rushed by their Leader.

Leader Powers

It should be common sense for most people to make full use of their Leader’s powers when attempting any strategy in the game. But when defending against a rush it’s absolutely pivotal that you have the necessary resources to use your Leader’s power and that you use your powers in the most effective way possible. UNSC players facing Covenant players should be sure that they always have a Disruption Bomb available in order to prevent an early defeat to a Covenant rusher.

Turrets

Turrets can be very beneficial when built early on in warding off a rush. The Covenant’s turrets aren’t very good, and frankly I wouldn’t waste the money early on. The UNSC’s turrets however are extremely valuable early on in killing off Covie leaders and their weaker beginning units. A couple turrets accompanied by a few Warthogs can be very valuable in taking out the enemy’s initial advance.

Warthogs

Warthogs are an excellent counter-rush unit for the UNSC when playing against the Covenant. It doesn’t cost much to upgrade them to include guns, they build fast, and their ram ability does a lot of damage to enemy leaders. Once a Covenant leader’s been killed, the flow of units into your base stops. Have all your Warthogs focusing on the enemy leader, using the ram ability as often as possible. You should be able to take him out without much difficulty if you have 5 or 6 Warthogs doing this.

Edited by Bluntman428

Covenant Shields

These are absolutely the best thing in the game for stopping rushers. If you know you’re about to be rushed, build a Shield Generator as fast as you can. The Covenant’s base shields are almost impenetrable by units early on in the game. The shield will buy you at least 2 minutes on average to ward off the rush before it goes down. Another benefit is that if the enemy stops attacking the shield for about 20 seconds, it regenerates all the way back to full health. So if you start mounting a counter-attack and the enemy shifts focus to your units, they’ll have to start from scratch again if your shield has time to regenerate.

Neutral Buildings

There are several different buildings you’ll find in most maps that will provide you with bonuses once you’ve garrisoned them with infantry units. Most of the time, your opponents will foolishly neglect these buildings, allowing you to take them uncontested. Here I’ll provide a description of each, and how best to utilize them.

Forerunner Secondary Reactors

These are by far the most valuable building of all. Once garrisoned, they will have the same effect as building a reactor on your base if you’re UNSC or upgrading your Age if you’re Covenant. This will save you a ton of money, and give you a crucial head start over your enemy in terms of teching up. You will lose the bonus provided by the Reactor if the enemy takes it, but any upgrades you researched while you owned it will remain in effect. If you’re playing a map with Reactors on it, take them.

Reactors are particularly valuable if you’re playing as the Covenant. If you take them early in the game, you can upgrade your Leader powers early on, making you practically invincible against an enemy’s early advances.

Resource Node

These are the towers with spinning tops surrounded by a platform at their base that you’ll on several maps. You want to take these as early in the game as you can, because they generate resources at around the speed of two upgraded Warehouses/Supply Pads. You’ll also usually get a pretty big bounty in resource crates by wiping out the rebel units defending these Nodes.

Sentinel Protector Hub

You won’t find these on many maps, but on the ones where they do exist, you should try experimenting with the unconventional units these hubs provide. You can train three different units out of these hubs: Offensive Protectors, Defensive Protectors, and Healing Protectors. They only cost 100 resources each to build, and can be built every 15 seconds from the hub. These units are perhaps the most overlooked in the game.

The Offensive and Defensive Protectors are particularly nice. The Offensive Protector attaches to any existing unit you have, providing it with a boost to its attack in the form of a long-ranged laser beam that absolutely tears through most units as well as structures. The Defensive Protectors provide any unit they’re attached to with a shield identical to the ones the Covenant get on some of their units. The shield can withstand 4-5 shots from a tank before it goes down. That’s a lot of damage to be soaked up, especially if you attach them to a squad you’re using to rush with early in the game.

To give you an idea of just how valuable these units are, I’ll tell you about the match where I discovered these useful little guys. It was a 2v2 match on Labyrinth, and I was planning on harassing the opponent with a few warthogs early on. My friend and I were talking about how we’d never used them before, so out of pure curiosity I decided to outfit my squad of 9 warthogs with these bad boys. After taking out 4 enemy bases defended by both Hornets and Scorpions, 7 of the original 9 Warthogs were left standing.

Sentinel Hub

These hubs are different from the Protector hubs in that they only allow you to hire Sentinels that function as their own unit rather than supporting another. That doesn’t make them any less useful however. At only 100 resources a pop for the smaller Sentinels, and the ability to recruit a new one every 15 seconds, Sentinels can be a fearsome enemy. Mostly because most people will never see them coming.

One particular circumstance where Sentinels shine is when facing an enemy Arbiter. For some reason, Sentinels are the only unit in the game that the Arbiter’s rage mode cannot hit. This makes him completely vulnerable to them. Sentinels are also excellent against enemy structures, allowing you to take out buildings very quickly considering their relatively low price and quick training time.

Forerunner Life Support Pod

This structure is only found on a handful of maps. It basically does what you’d expect – it raises your population limit. This can be a great asset in a game that goes on for a long time where both sides are throwing everything they’ve got at each other. But in the early game it’s really not worth the effort to grab this building because you won’t be hitting the population cap anytime soon anyhow.

Mega Turret

This turret is nice because it will periodically fire shots at an extremely long distances at enemy forces and even their bases. It won’t take a base out on its own, but it’ll do a pretty hefty bit of damage when it hits. Although it sounds nice in principle, the risks outweigh the reward for it. The turret is usually guarded by a large number of high ranked rebel units that will chew up your units until you’ve teched up quite a bit. By then its effects aren’t quite as desirable however so you probably won’t want to focus too much attention on taking it.

Edited by Bluntman428

UNSC UNITS

Marine

Marines are the most basic unit in the UNSC’s arsenal. They aren’t very strong, but they’re cheap and train very quickly. They really aren’t very effective late in the game unless you’re using Captain Cutter’s unique ODST upgrade. Early on they are useful for clearing bases for expansion, and warding off potential rushes. When upgraded to equip them with RPGs, they are fairly effective against light vehicles when built en masse.

Supply Cost – 100

Population Cost - 1

Special Ability – Grenades/RPGs

Built From – Barracks

Upgrades – New Blood (Adds 1 extra marine to every squad, 200) - RPG Ability(Upgrades Grenades to RPGs, 400) - Medic (Adds a Medic to the squad that will heal the Marines after combat, 700) - ODST

Strong Against – Light Vehicles

Weak Against – Heavy Vehicles, Jackals, Flamethrowers, Warthogs

Flamethrower

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Flamethrower.jpg

Flamethrowers are Marines equipped with flamethrowers, making them highly effective against infantry units. They're also cheap and train quickly, making them a perfect counter to Covenant Leader rushes early in the game. Their effectiveness is limited solely to infantry though, as vehicles are all but impervious to their flames and they cannot hit aircraft at all.

Supply Cost – 100

Population Cost - 1

Special Ability – Flashbang (Stuns enemy infantry for a short time)

Built From - Barracks

Upgrades – Flash Bang Ability (Equips Flamethrower units with Flashbang grenades, 200) – Napalm Adherent (Units hit by Flamethrowers take a small amount of damage for a short time after being burned, 400) – Oxide Tank (Damage against organic units increased, 700)

Strong Against – All Infantry, Covenant Leaders

Weak Against – Everything else

Spartan

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Spartan.jpg

Spartans are the UNSC’s best infantry unit, and the best infantry unit on either side for that matter. On top of being strong units in their own right, Spartans have the unique ability to hijack enemy vehicles or jump in your own vehicles. Any vehicle operated by a Spartan is significantly stronger than one without a Spartan at the wheel. Scorpion tanks are particularly lethal with Spartans at the helm.

Supply Cost – 300 (Limit 3 on the field at once)

Population Cost - None

Special Ability - Hijack

Built From – Barracks

Upgrades – Chain Gun (Equips Spartans with a heavy gatling gun, significantly increasing damage, 300) – Neural Implant (Spartans hijack enemy vehicles faster, 600) – Spartan Laser (Spartans are equipped with a Spartan Laser increasing their damage greatly, 1000)

Strong Against – Everything

Weak Against – Flamethrowers, Jackals, Covenant Leader Powers

Warthog

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Warthog.jpg

Warthogs are available from the start of any game for UNSC players. Because they can be trained from the beginning and are quite formidable when upgraded to the max. Warthogs with Gauss Cannons equipped are deadly in large numbers, especially against Covenant Leaders. Their Ram ability also makes short work of enemy infantry. Weak in small numbers, Warthogs are a credible threat when trained in large batches.

Supply Cost – 150

Population Cost - 1

Special Ability – Ram

Built From – Base Center

Upgrades – Gunner (Equips Warthogs with a rear-mounted chain gun, 250) – Grenadier (A Grenadier rides shotgun in the Warthog throwing grenades at enemies, 500) – Gauss Cannon (Replaces the Warthog’s chain gun with a powerful Gauss Cannon, 800)

Strong Against – Infantry, Air Units (When upgraded)

Weak Against – Heavy Vehicles, Hunters

Scorpion

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Scorpion.jpg

Scorpions are the most powerful standard land vehicle unit in the game. They have a lot of health and hit like trucks. Big trucks. They are extremely efficient when tasked with destroying enemy bases as well as most vehicles. For added effect, put your Spartans in Scorpions. This will make them doubly strong, and is extremely efficient when fighting Covenant leaders who normally make short work of your vehicles, such as the Arbiter or Prophet.

Supply Cost – 500

Population Cost - 3

Special Ability – Canister Shell

Built From – Vehicle Depot

Upgrades – Canister Shell (Inflicts large damage in an area when activated with Y button, 400) – Power Turret (Scorpion’s turret moves faster making it more responsive in battle, 900)

Strong Against – Light Vehicles, Infantry, Structures,

Weak Against – Hunters, Banshees, Scarabs, Cobras

Cobra

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Cobra.jpg

Cobras are basically the equivalent of artillery for the UNSC. When deployed, they do a ton of damage, are difficult to kill, and have extremely long range. Cobras are best used when deployed behind your main line as support fire. This will make them hard to get to for the enemy, and they will do a lot of damage virtually undisturbed until your front line falters. They are most effective against enemy vehicles.

Supply Cost – 350

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – Deploy

Upgrades – Deflection Plating (Increases Armor when deployed, 400) – Piercing Shot (When deployed lasers will penetrate targets inflicting damage on multiple enemies, 900)

Strong Against – Vehicles, Structures, Small Groups of Infantry

Weak Against – Large Infantry Groups, Air Units

Wolverine

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Wolverine.jpg

Wolverines are the UNSC’s anti-air unit. They are extremely effective in this regard. When facing large groups of Banshees or Hornets, a handful of Wolverines can decimate an enemy’s air advance. They’re effective against all sorts of air units with no exceptions. The only air unit that can wipe them out is Professor Anders’ exclusive Hawk unit. Wolverines are still the most credible threat against those powerful units if trained in a large quantity.

Supply Cost – 300

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – Volley

Upgrades – Volley Ability (Activates the Wolverine’s Y button ability which does substantial damage to land units, 400) – Dual Launchers (Greatly increases all damage done by Wolverines, 900)

Strong Against – All Air Units

Weak Against – Everything else

Hornet

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Hornet.jpg

Hornets are the standard air unit for the UNSC. While not very effective alone, they can be ruthless in large numbers. The only situation where they’re basically useless is when playing against either the Arbiter or Professor Anders. The Cryo Bomb unique to Anders will freeze all enemy units in a large area, and frozen air units will fall to the ground and shatter, dying instantly. The Arbiter when upgraded can tear through an entire army of Hornets in a matter of seconds, making them a foolish choice to go with when facing him.

Supply Cost – 250

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – None

Built From – Air Pad

Upgrades – Wingmen (Outfits each Hornet with 2 marines increasing damage output, 400) – Chaff Pod (Diverts incoming missles, 900)

Strong Against – Most Land Units, Banshees

Weak Against – Professor Anders’ Cryo Bomb and Hawks, Wolverines, Warthogs, Arbiter’s Rage Ability, ODSTs

Edited by Bluntman428

Vulture

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Vulture.jpg

Vultures are the UNSC’s Uber Unit. They’re basically flying fortresses, outfitted with thick armor and more rockets than you can shake a stick at. All it takes is a few Vultures, accompanied by a few tanks, to quickly annihilate an enemy base and their army. The trade off is that they are very slow, cost a ton to produce, and take up 6 population slots. They’re worth the cost however, and can take out an enemy in short time if you surprise them with a couple flown in from behind their base.

It is extremely wise to drop a Disruption Bomb on top of your Vultures when attacking an enemy to prevent them from destroying them quickly with their Leader powers. This is especially true when facing Professor Anders as her Cryo Bomb will make short work of all air units. This is also true when facing the Arbiter as he can kill a Vulture in a matter of seconds when in Rage mode.

Supply Cost – 900

Population Cost – 6

Special Ability – Barrage (Launches a barrage of rockets dealing huge damage to a selected area)

Built From – Air Pad

Upgrades – Mega Barrage (Allows you to use the Vulture’s Barrage ability by pressing Y on enemy units, 800)

Strong Against – Nearly Everything (hence the classification “uber unit”)

Weak Against – Leader Powers, Wolverines, other Air Units in large numbers, and the Arbiter

COVENANT UNITS

Grunt Squad

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/GruntSquad.jpg

The Grunt Squad is basically a cannon fodder unit. Because they’re cheap and train very quickly, they’re good for overwhelming the enemy with sheer numbers. Grunts are best used for attacking a small group of powerful enemies with a large number of them. They’re also very good against enemy Covenant leaders, particularly the Arbiter and the Prophet, as they’ll have a hard time wiping out your army of Grunts with their powers. It’s best to avoid using them late in the game as their usefulness starts to dwindle as the enemy gets better units.

Supply Cost – 100

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability –

Built From – Hall

Upgrades – Peons (Adds an extra grunt to every squad, 200) – Needler (Equips grunts with Needlers adding a boost to damage, 400) – Deacon (Adds a Deacon to the Grunt Squad which increases attack abilities, 700)

Strong Against – Covenant Leaders when built en masse

Weak Against – Almost everything…grunts are the weakest unit individually in the game

Jackals

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Jackals.jpg

Jackals are extremely effective anti-infantry units when their low price and fast build time are taken into consideration. In groups of 20 or so, they can cut through an enemy’s infantry like a hot knife through butter. Upgrading them to carry Beam Rifles significantly increases their damage output. Jackals are also the Covenant’s best counter to the Arbiter. A large group of Jackals can take out the Arbiter before he can even get into Rage mode.

Supply Cost – 100

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability – None

Built From – Hall

Upgrades – Defense Gauntlet (Equips Jackals with shields that decrease damage from projectiles, 200) – Beam Rifle (Equips Jackals with Beam Rifles that substantially increase damage, 400) – Supreme Gauntlet (Jackal shields no longer collapse when taking damage, 700)

Strong Against – All Infantry, Covenant Leaders, small groups of Air Units

Weak Against – Vehicles, Anti-Infantry

Hunters

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Hunters.jpg

Hunters are one of the Covenant’s strongest units. A small group of Hunters can decimate most early vehicle rushes, and a large group of upgraded Hunters can even take out Grizzlies. When facing opponents like Sergeant Forge, who normally focuses on building vehicles, you’ll want to start building these bad boys as early on as you can. Hunters also do a great job when it comes to tearing down an enemy’s base. Their only real weakness lies in the fact that they can’t hit air units at all, which leaves them defenseless against Hornets or Banshees.

Supply Cost – 250

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – None

Built From – Hall

Upgrades – Bonded Shield (Equips Hunters with a shield that deflects some projectiles, 200) – Spirit Bond (Hunters get a big damage boost while both Hunters in the squad are alive, 400) – Assault Beam (Greatly increases hunter damage, 700)

Strong Against – All vehicles, small groups of infantry

Weak Against – Air Units, Anti-Infantry, Large groups of normal infantry

Engineer

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Engineer.jpg

The Covenant lack the UNSC’s ability to heal their units on a whim, and this is where Engineers come in. They’re a bit pricey at 250 supplies each, but they’re the Covenant’s only way to heal damaged buildings and units, so you’re going to want to keep a few on standby. Once you’re done healing whatever needs healing, make sure you hide them away somewhere safe until you need them again as they have no ability at all to defend themselves in combat. If you tend to focus on your Leader a lot, Engineers are practically required as there is no other way to heal them.

One great use for Engineers is as a support unit for Scarabs. A Scarab is a scary unit no matter the circumstance, but a Scarab accompanied by an outfit of 5-10 Engineers is truly terrifying. The enemy will have to either focus on killing the Engineers first, keeping your Scarab out of the line of fire, or take out your Scarab in their initial attack. If they can’t muster a force strong enough to do one or another, your Scarab will be practically invincible as the Engineers restore it to full health every time they put a nick in it.

Supply Cost – 250

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability – Heal

Built From – Summit

Upgrades – State of Grace (Increases repair rate, 350) – Harmonious Digestion (Increases movement speed, 700)

Strong Against – Support unit…Engineers have no combat capabilities

Weak Against – Anything that can hit air units

Banshee

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Banshee.jpg

Banshees are quite possibly the most effective early-game unit for the Covenant. They can be trained from the Summit as soon as you research the Age of Doubt upgrade from the Temple, and are excellent for making hit and run maneuvers on enemy bases. They’re relatively cheap and train very quickly as well, making it easy to produce a large batch of them quickly in the early stages of the game before your opponent can muster a strong enough anti-air defense to stop them. Banshees are also fairly effective against tanks once they’ve been upgraded to learn the Sacrifice ability.

Supply Cost – 200

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – Speed Boost

Built From – Summit

Upgrades – Boost (Enables Speed Boost, 200) – Repeating Cannons (Increases firing rate for Banshee cannons, 400) – Sacrifice (Banshees fall to the ground and explode causing damage in the area when killed, 700)

Strong Against – Most Vehicles, Structures, any units that can’t attack air units (such as Hunters or Flamethrowers)

Weak Against – Wolverines, Hornets (if outnumbered; Hornets are stronger per unit than Banshees), Warthogs when built in bulk, Cryo Bomb, Arbiter’s Rage Mode

Vampire

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Vampire.jpg

Vampires are the Covenant's Anti-Air unit. They have a bit more health than a Banshee, but they also do much less damage to ground targets, making them only effective against air units. When playing against Anders, or any other player building an army primarily of air units, it is wise to keep at least 7 or 8 Vampires at the ready. Also make sure you upgrade them to at least have Stasis Drain, as that ability will render enemy air units almost immobile.

Supply Cost – 250

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – Stasis Drain

Built From – Summit

Upgrades – Stasis Drain (Activates the Stasis Drain ability which slowly steals health from the Vampires target when activated, 400) – Stasis Bomb (Targets drained with Stasis Drain will explode causing damage to any units in the area)

Strong Against – Hornets and Banshees

Weak Against – Wolverines, Hawks, most any vehicle with the ability to attack air units

Edited by Bluntman428

Ghost

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Ghost.jpg

The Prophet of Regret and the Arbiter start every game with a Ghost. The Ghost is an excellent unit for scouting due to its quickness. It is completely useless for any other purpose however. It’s wise to always keep one Ghost available for recon, as it is always good to keep tabs on what your enemy is doing and the Ghost is designed solely for this purpose.

Supply Cost –

Population Cost –

Special Ability –

Built From –

Upgrades –

Strong Against –

Weak Against –

Wraith

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Wraith.jpg

Wraiths are the Covenant’s tank unit. While they’re substantially weaker than the UNSC’s Scorpion tanks, the Wraith is a decent unit in its own right. I normally won’t build Wraiths unless I’m facing an enemy who’s massing infantry, as the Wraith excels in that scenario. The Wraith’s Scorch ability is also excellent, as most enemies won’t realize you’ve activated it and will leave their units in the affected area.

Supply Cost – 350

Population Cost – 3

Special Ability – Scorch

Built From – Factory

Upgrades – Heavy Shield (Equips Wraiths with a shield that absorbs damage, 200) – Scorch Ability (Enables the use of the Scorch ability which allows Wraiths to shoot a burning plasma shot on the ground which does damage to any units who walk over it, 400) – Plasma Modulator (Greatly increases the damage of the Wraith’s standard cannon, 700)

Strong Against – All Infantry, Covenant Leaders, Buildings, Light Vehicles

Weak Against – Scorpions, Air Units, Hunters

Locust

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Locust-1.jpg

Locusts are extremely effective when tasked to destroy buildings. They also have very long range and do considerable damage against all sorts vehicles. This can be taken advantage of if you leave your Locusts in the rear and put some stronger units up front to keep fire off of them. One great way to use Locusts is to hide your Covenant Leader outside your enemy’s base, then when he attacks use the lift pad to bring 3-4 Locusts over to your Leader and attack his base with them before sending your Leader back to deal with the enemies at your base.

Supply Cost – 300

Population Cost – 3

Special Ability – Overdrive

Built From – Factory

Upgrades – Overdrive Ability (Enables the Locust’s Overdrive ability which greatly increases damage at the cost of the Locust’s shields, 400) – Shield Amplifier (Locust shields regenerate much faster, 800)

Strong Against – Buildings, Infantry, Air Units

Weak Against – Heavy Vehicles

Scarab

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Scarab.jpg

The Scarab is the strongest unit in the game. It is also by far the most expensive, costing a whopping 3000 supplies and 20 population. This cost is worth it however, as the Scarab can reduce an unprepared enemy’s army to ashes swiftly. Scarabs are not invincible however, and can be dropped quickly by enemy Leader powers and UNSC super units. The Prophet of Regret and the Arbiter are also very effective against a Scarab.

The Arbiter is particularly strong against Scarabs because they simply cannot hit him when he’s going into Rage mode on one. This is why it’s best to bring two Scarabs to the party when fighting either the Prophet or the Arbiter, because two Scarabs will lay out either Leader in a matter of seconds. It’s always a good idea to also train about 5-10 Engineers to accompany your Scarabs because they will do wonders in keeping it alive, especially when upgraded to increase their repair rate.

Supply Cost – 3000

Population Cost – 20

Special Ability – None

Built From – Base Center

Upgrades – None

Strong Against – Everything

Weak Against – Leader Powers, Vultures (when attacked by 2 or more), most UNSC super units

Unique Leader Units

Captain Cutter

Elephant

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Elephant.jpg

The Elephant is basically a mobile barracks outfitted with turrets. They have a ton of hitpoints, but can’t really defend themselves effectively so without an army to defend them they’re not a credible threat. They are most useful hidden away deployed in a safe spot producing units for you. When you’re ready to attack an enemy, move them up to a safe distance from the fight outside the enemy’s base and set your waypoint for the battlefield. Then pump out reinforcements at your leisure.

Supply Cost – 400

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability – Deploy

Built From – Base Center

Upgrades – Twin Engine (Increases movement speed, 250) – Defense Turrets (Improves the Elephant’s turrets when deployed, 500) – Ceramic Armor (Increases Defense, 800)

Strong Against – Not a combat unit, so nothing

Weak Against – Anything when left unprotected

ODST

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/ODST.jpg

ODSTs are one of my favorite units personally. They only cost 100 per squad, can be air dropped anywhere on the map in bulk, and are good against literally everything. Once you’ve upgraded your Marines to ODSTs, you can deploy anywhere on the map instantly. Top it off with the fact that Elephants are basically mobile barracks, and you can produce new ODSTs as quickly as the enemy can kill them.

The only good way to stop an enemy with ODSTs is to cut them off at their source and build as many anti-infantry units as you can. Destroy all of his barracks and wipe out any Elephants you run across. Your options are pretty limited here, because ODSTs are so cheap and easy to produce you will literally be facing a non-stop onslaught of them. They also take out bases extremely quickly with their RPGs and Cutter’s MAC Blasts.

Supply Cost – 100

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability – RPG

Built From – Barracks, Elephant, Can Be Dropped from Leader Power Wheel

Upgrades – None

Strong Against – Everything when built en masse.

Weak Against – When I find out you’ll be the first to know.

Sergeant Forge

Cyclops

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Cyclops.jpg

Cyclops units are basically only good for healing other units. Although their description implies they’re “building killers”, they’re only useful in this capacity in large numbers. And in that situation, they’re still only marginally better than other units of similar cost. They’re also weak against nearly every unit in the game as I’ve seen, and die rather quickly. It’s best to ignore these altogether since the UNSC can already heal their units with their Leader power.

Supply Cost – 125

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability – Heal

Built From – Base Center

Upgrades – Repair Kit (Allows Cyclops units to heal other units and buildings, 400) – High Torque Joints (Increases movement speed, 900)

Strong Against – Buildings

Weak Against – No particular weaknesses – Cyclops are weak against most units as they’re really only useful against buildings

Grizzly

Grizzlies are Sergeant Forge’s unique unit. Individually they are by far the most powerful land unit in the game aside from Scarabs. They are accessed by getting your tech to level 4 by upgrading reactors, and then upgrading your Scorpion tanks to the maximum at the Vehicle Depot. Grizzlies are a formidable force, able to make quick work of nearly anything in their path. With a Spartan in the driver’s seat, Grizzlies are nearly indestructible when faced against most normal units.

The best counter for Grizzlies is to make sure your enemy never reaches a level high enough to use them. If they do, there’s not much you can do unless you have Professor Anders’ Hawks or Captain Cutter’s ODSTs at your disposal. As the Covenant, by far the best method for facing Grizzlies is to build a ton of fully upgraded Hunters accompanied by a Scarab if possible as well as your Leader. Hunters are the best basic unit in the game against enemy vehicles, and in large numbers can easily take out a whole army of Grizzlies when assisted by your Leader powers.

Supply Cost – 500

Population Cost – 3

Special Ability – Barrage

Built From – Vehicle Depot (Replaces Scorpions when researched)

Upgrades – None

Strong Against – Buildings, All vehicles, Covenant Leaders

Weak Against – Hunters, Scarabs, Hawks, ODSTs

Edited by Bluntman428

Professor Anders

Gremlin

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Gremlin.jpg

Although I hesitate to call any unit worthless, I have yet to find a use for the Gremlin. It’s labeled as an anti-vehicle unit with an EMP Pulse that disable enemy vehicles, but I’ve never seen a reason to produce these units. The few times I’ve seen anyone use them on me, I’ve wiped them out effortlessly. I would stay away from these and go for the Hawks when playing with Anders, but I’m sure someone will find a use for them someday.

Supply Cost –

Population Cost –

Special Ability –

Built From –

Upgrades –

Strong Against –

Weak Against –

Hawks

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Hawk.jpg

Professors Anders’ Hawks are the most powerful unit in the game. There’s nothing more terrifying than watching an army of 20 Hawks descend upon your base, annihilating everything in their path. Hawks are cheap to produce once researched, and only take up two population slots. Any Anders player worth his salt will be pursuing Hawks as soon as they can get their hands on them.

But that is one fact that hurts Anders players. Because the Hawks are so powerful, players will always target Anders first in team games, and it’s not hard to kill a player teching up fast to research Hawks in a 1v1 scenario. All you have to do to effectively put a halt to the player’s research towards Hawks is make sure you destroy his reactors and air pads as soon as you can. If he can’t get the tech to research Hawks, he can’t use them against you.

In a worst-case scenario where a player does get Hawks, your options are limited. As a Covenant player, your only real option is your Leader Powers. The Arbiter is particularly useful in taking out Hawks and any other air unit for that matter. The Covenant anti-air unit, the Vampire, is utterly worthless against Hawks. As the UNSC, again, Leader powers are your best bet. Cryo Bombs and MAC Blasts are especially useful. You can also build Wolverines en masse to help take them out.

Supply Cost – 250

Population Cost – 2

Special Ability – None

Built From – Air Pad (replaces Hornets when fully researched)

Upgrades – None

Strong Against – Everything. These are the most powerful units in the game.

Weak Against – Leader Powers, Wolverines, Arbiter

Brute Chieftain

Brutes

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Halo%20Wars/Brutes.jpg

Supply Cost – 150

Population Cost – 1

Special Ability – Jump Pack

Built From – Base Center

Upgrades – Jump Pack Ability (Equips Brutes with Jetpacks that allow them to jump across the battlefield quickly, 400) – Electric Shock (Brute shots have added electrical stun damage, 800)

Strong Against – Structures, Light Vehicles

Weak Against – Heavy Vehicles, Anti-Infantry

Edited by Bluntman428

1V1 Maps

LEGEND

S = Starting Base

U = Undefended Base Slot

R = Rebel Base

F = Forerunner Structure

Pirth Outskirts

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Pirth.jpg

Forerunner Buildings - Neutral Reactor x2

Pirth Outskirts in an excellent map, offering both quick routes to the enemy base through the middle, as well as ample opportunity to expand should you choose to tech up. You should always take the reactors at the north and south end of the map at all costs. Two reactors allow you to tech up fully in in no time at all. I've bought a Scarab at 7 minutes into this map, which was indestructible at that stage in the game.

It's also very wise to build a base on one of the sides of the map, just so you know what your enemy is doing on that side. Controlling the map and controlling the reactors is the key to winning. It is also best not to amass an enormous army while trying to attack as the AI will have a hard time navigating through the forest.

As soon as you have enough resources available to build a new base, build one on the spot that's unprotected next to your opponent's base. Not only does having a second base have advantages which need not be explained, the base will also make sure they never get down far enough to kill your infantry relaxing in the reactor. The key is to control the side passages as best you can, keeping their armies away from your bases.

Chasms

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/BakedBuffalo/Chasms.jpg

Forerunner Structures: Supply Tower x2

Chasms is a relatively straightforward map. There's a large land bridge connecting your base directly to your opponent's. This makes early rushing easier than on perhaps any other map in the game. So try to prepare yourself for this as early on as you can.

It is also wise to snatch up the two Forerunner Supply Towers on the Northwest and Southeast corners of the map. Grabbing these structures early on will provide you with a substantial financial bonus early in the game.

There is are also rebel bases located in the Northeast and Southwest corners of the map. While it's naturally advisable to take over the one on your side of the base, it is also a good idea to keep an eye on the scoreboard. Once you see your opponent's score go up to around 24, you know he just cleared out the rebel base near his base and is building a new expansion base. Strike this base as soon as you can so you can destroy it before he gets it upgraded to the point where it will take you a lot more effort to clear it out.

Edited by Bluntman428

Captain Cutter

Captain Cutter is the UNSC's infantry-centric Leader. From the very start of the game, he can train Elephants from any Base Center that act as mobile barracks. Elephants are an invaluable tool, because not only do they allow Cutter train infantry at an accelerated rate, the Elephants themselves are quite capable units when it comes to counter-rushing and rushing due to their huge hit point allotment and mounted turrets. Captain Cutter also can train ODSTs; a fully upgraded variant of the standard Marine unit that is much stronger than a normal marine and can be dropped anywhere on the map at a whim via Cutter's Leader power wheel.

Leader Tactics

ODSTs - When playing as Cutter, you should almost always be working towards getting your Marines upgraded to ODSTs as swiftly as possible. ODSTs are incredibly effective, particularly in team games where you can have a friend building vehicles or aircraft to compliment your horde of ODSTs. In 1v1 games they're not quite so useful, simply because it's quite easy to counter an ODST army if the other player has half a brain. Proper scouting techniques can mean the difference between life and death in this instance. If your enemy's focusing primarily on building vehicles, then you'll want to focus more on building Hornets and Vultures rather than ODSTs.

Marines can be upgraded to ODSTs at the third tech level, giving you an edge over other UNSC Leaders who don't have access to their super units until tech level 4.

Edited by Bluntman428

For the love of god REMOVE THIS.

Let poeple figure out they're own tactics.

I was getting pissed off at the Warthog Rushing went up because of that stupid Strategy Clip on the dashboard, and now this??

Don't mean to be rude for your guide, its nice. It just has the wrong consequenses.

( In another words: Poeple will copy this and again this game will become a Copy-Someone-Else-Because-He/She-Is-Good-At-This-Game-Game. )

Q: Why should we read your guide? What makes you so special? What kind of stupid name is Baked Buffalo?

I’m ranked in the top 50 in 1v1 based on Trueskill, and ranked in the top 20 for wins as the Arbiter. That is why you should heed my advice. Pictures will be uploaded soon to prove this claim. Next question.

Didn't answer my question. D:<

a good rushing stratergy is in 3v3 get u and ur 2 mates to all go as the prophet and all rush will win str8 away at one of the enermy. all 3 of u versis 1 of there base and why ur doing that build an army. then kill the next base witch is abit harder anf then the last 1 will be very hard cos they would of had time to make an army so thats why u shud bring over ur armys.

It looks excellent so far..can't wait to read the rest...I demand this to be stickied(pinned) at once! I can't wait to use sentinels now >_>

Also,I know you said you arn't done but I don't know if what Im about to ask is included in your plans...I was wondering if you could go more in depth on how to use units, For example the Cobra, the definition and explanation was grade A, but I find it hard to use Cobras agaisn't more experienced players.And theres a lot of units that I don't find practical for more serious fighting like the ghost as another example.

Anyways keep it up..!

Also,I know you said you arn't done but I don't know if what Im about to ask is included in your plans...I was wondering if you could go more in depth on how to use units, For example the Cobra, the definition and explanation was grade A, but I find it hard to use Cobras agaisn't more experienced players.And theres a lot of units that I don't find practical for more serious fighting like the ghost as another example.

Anyways keep it up..!

I'll be going much further into details regarding how to use units to win games in the sections devoted to each individual leader. I wouldn't include that kinda info in the descriptions for units because different units are better with some leaders than others.

I think ya'll will be pleasantly surprised with the sections for each leader. I have some truly diabolical strategies with some of them. ;)

I'll also be including strategies for each map, along with detailed diagrams.

Should all be done this weekend. I'm not sticking to that as a deadline though as this is quite a bit of work. In Word what I've done so far amounts to over 6500 words and 22 pages. :p

EDIT: Oh, and you're finding that your Cobras get chewed up by experienced players because Cobras just flat out suck in most situations. They're great against Scarabs and that's about it. The only other thing they're good for is if you deploy a few around your base they act as extra turrets.

Edited by Bluntman428