halo: 4 vs reach

DatAmazingGamer

How about you tell us why you "personally think Reach is better"? Wouldn't that make more sense? Oh, 5 post rule... never mind.

Halo: Reach > Halo 4. The core game was developed by Bungie, which matters the most. The DLC wasn't all that, but since 343 worked on a small part of Reach, well that's the part that sucked.

Good thing they appreciated Halo as much as Bungie, because they made Halo 4 everything that Halo fans wanted it to be. /sarcasm

Yeah I think the Halo 4 is better than reach just to be honest, and this is only because of the story (its the only reason I still play halo) So yeah after halo 3 I have just been done with halo to be honest. So the only reason I will be buying 5-6 is because of the story. But yeah I like halo 4 better.

I replay Reach more than I replay Halo 4, mainly because of all the adaptability that you can do with Firefight. (To be fair though, I have yet to dive into the Spartan Ops)

I really didn't get into the story of Halo 4, but I was impressed with the graphics.

But since those are the games that are included in this grudge match, I'll keep my opinions restricted to just those two games.

Graphically Halo 4 gets the nod. (Simply gorgeous)

Single player campaign/story goes to Reach. (The second half of the game was wicked)

Gameplay goes to Reach. (The forerunners as an enemy suck, I'd rather fight the flood, and I hate the flood.)

The music in Reach was better (and less annoying than) Halo 4.

Replay value is way higher in my book for Reach.

shit vs shit

Tough one

Halo 2 or Halo 3

Well for me that's an easy pick, Halo 3 kicked Halo 2's ass IMO Just because the End boss and the ending for halo 2 was super trash. Now I realize they had to set up for Halo 3 some how, but imo I believe they could have executed the cliffhanger so much better. That last boss fight Sgt Johnson - "Cheif shoot him his shields are down!!" just a poor boss fight (once again) imo lol

p.s. I might be a little bias xD Halo 3 is my favorite halo game :p

Waste of a thread, but it's Halo so I need to respond.

Halo 4's had the better story....Halo Reach had the better...what? Halo Reach sucked ass people. How on Earth do gamers actually like that game? Did they not play Halo 2 or Halo 3?!

Seriously, Halo 2 and Halo 3 is were it's at. That should have been the topic.

Both are great games, but I'm leaning more towards Reach than 4. The campaign's fun at spots, customizing your own Spartan is cool and multiplayer's pretty good. Halo 4 had a great campaign as well, but I just didn't enjoy the multiplayer that much, especially considering OP weapons, rubbish map design (which seem to encourage sniping and spawn-trapping) and ridiculous challenges to unlock the cooler armor (what's wrong with just reaching certain ranks, like in Reach?).

Again, both are good games, but I like Reach better. That's just my opinion.

And before anyone asks (i.e. BiggD), I have played Halo 2 and Halo 3 and I did like those too, but this topic is about Reach and 4, not 2 and 3.

I liked Reach more, 4 had a great campaign but just didn't like the multipayer, it just felt too different from it's predecessors, not to mention the terrible spawning system.

One of the main reasons I liked Reach was the huge Forge world - my brother and I used to spend hours upon hours just building bases, race tracks, arenas, etc. I also have fond memories of leaving my spartan idle for a few hours in an attempt to rank up quickly - that is the main reason I got to Colonel. :p

Waste of a thread, but it's Halo so I need to respond.

Halo 4's had the better story....Halo Reach had the better...what? Halo Reach sucked ass people. How on Earth do gamers actually like that game? Did they not play Halo 2 or Halo 3?!

Seriously, Halo 2 and Halo 3 is were it's at. That should have been the topic.

Reach had better single player spartan customization. ;) But Halo 1 and Halo 2 were the best of the series. But I like Halo 4 better than Halo 3. But all of the Halo games, besides Reach, are pretty good.

Both are great games, but I'm leaning more towards Reach than 4. The campaign's fun at spots, customizing your own Spartan is cool and multiplayer's pretty good. Halo 4 had a great campaign as well, but I just didn't enjoy the multiplayer that much, especially considering OP weapons, rubbish map design (which seem to encourage sniping and spawn-trapping) and ridiculous challenges to unlock the cooler armor (what's wrong with just reaching certain ranks, like in Reach?).

Again, both are good games, but I like Reach better. That's just my opinion.

And before anyone asks (i.e. BiggD), I have played Halo 2 and Halo 3 and I did like those too, but this topic is about Reach and 4, not 2 and 3.

No worries, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just like giving people a hard time when they bring up Halo Reach ;)

Reach had better single player spartan customization. ;) But Halo 1 and Halo 2 were the best of the series. But I like Halo 4 better than Halo 3. But all of the Halo games, besides Reach, are pretty good.

That's what I like to hear! :p The original and the sequel were the bomb! Customization was pretty neat, but games like Rainbow 6 and Army of Two do customization much better!

I liked reach better.. I don't like Halo 4 it doesn't even seem like Halo to me.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But what makes Halo 4 not feel like Halo? Sure, the Multiplayer has loadouts, special abilities and all that jazz but the core of the MP is still there.

As for the Story, it's more Halo than the 3rd game was. Which is a shame seeing that Halo 3 was supposed to be the big bang to an epic trilogy, and it was easily the worst installment story wise when compared to Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2. The Human-Covenant War is over, so it kinda only makes sense that the story was set in this new direction of dealing with the Forerunner/Prometheans, especially when one takes Traviss's and Bear's books into consideration.

Edited by BiggD