Achievement Guide *WIP*

joshnorm

For Miclus Hunter, is it enough to go into Training, RFJ 5, grab the 3 miclus at the start, then hit Back and start over? It's hard to tell if I'm making any headway at 3 per run, and I'd hate to think my progress was being wasted... Also, the guide says to hover over stationary tankers for more Miclus, but I don't see any in that level.

I timed it so I lost my final life right after getting the third Miclus. I got a Saving screen that way and it was pretty quick.

I just saw this game at GameStop for $19.99 and had to pick it up because I am a nostalgic gamer and loved the Raiden games in the arcade. The achievements are fairly easy if you use the suggested technique in the ach. guide. I've had the game for 2 hours and have almost 500g.

What's a good way to get the 96 hour achievement? I mean this game is not like a Call of Duty or Gears of War with ridiculous replay value. And I don't want my xbox running all night long. :eek:

Also a tip for the fairies, is to shoot when you need to in practice mode. Easier to see them (and the text for them at the top of the screen) and get them successfully.

If I come across any other tips, I'll post later on.

Cheers!

uhchevmnts101 just mentioned he thinks you have to chain the x-medals together fast to get them to increase in value, but I'd really like a clear clarification of what dictates the value of them, because honestly, if you could get most of the x-medals to 90k or 100k a piece, 50 million points would come fairly easily (at least to me) and 100 million wouldn't be that far behind with a little more practice. I haven't watched any japanese videos or anything, and some of those may have the key to what the real answer is, but this would greatly help.

I can also confirm for those still wondering that you absolutely can get the Final Boss of RFJ achievement on practice mode, you just have to kill just about every single enemy that ever appears on the screen and not die, so you need a ship with a huge spread and turning off medals helps you to see all of the enemies that sometimes may be covered up by medals.

Edited by MachineAres

Well I just got the final boss in RFJ, besides killing darn near everything and not dying, you also need to get into x-medal mode (where the little badges turn into the gold bars). I was in practice mode as well, so it's possible. I managed to get 10 mil, however I was WAY off 50 mil and nowhere near 100 mil (checking the boards makes me think I'm never going to get it as I can't seem to pickup the medals without dying). The x-medals increase by 10000 for each one you pick up, but only if it dropes AFTER the last x-medal you pick up. In other words, if you have 1 x-medal on the screen and you pick it up (worth 10000) the next one that drops will be worth 20000. If there are multiple medals on screen at once they will all be worth whatever the value was when they dropped. If you miss picking one up (it falls off the bottom of the screen) they reduce in value back down to 10000. Hope this helps.

Idk about you but I will have no hurry to get the 96h cheev, this game will be played for a long time, is a timeless classic. Maybe not to be played everyday but I can picture myself in two years still playing it, every now and then.

Woot!

This in conjunction with what you've got will about complete the guide:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=24786

Raiden Fighters Aces

32 Achievements, 8 of which are Secret Achievements.

• First Stage (10)
    Finish the first stage of any game. This is as simple as it sounds
  • Completed (RF1) (20)
  • Completed (RF2) (20)
  • Completed (RFJ) (20)
    Clear Normal Mode on each game, any difficulty, credit feeding ok
  • One coin (RF1) (50)
  • One coin (RF2) (50)
  • One coin (RFJ) (50)
    1CC each game's Normal Mode. Clearing via Simulation Level 35 or Simulation Level 50 in RFJ is ok
  • Boss Rush Mode (RF1) (40)
  • Boss Rush Mode (RF2) (40)
  • Boss Rush Mode (RFJ) (40)
    Clear Boss Rush Mode on each game, any difficulty, credit feeding ok
  • Expert Mode (RF1) (40)
  • Expert Mode (RF2) (40)
  • Expert Mode (RFJ) (40)
    Clear Expert Mode on each game, any difficulty, credit feeding ok
  • Score 10,000,000 (30)
  • Score 50,000,000 (40)
  • Score 100,000,000 (50)
    Reach the requisite score. This works best in RFJ. According to Twiddle, the score achievements require reaching the milestone during gameplay, points added from clear bonuses have no effect on unlocking the achievement
  • Friendship (20)
    Plug in a second controller, start a 2P game, and finish a level. Continue as much as you like
  • Miclus Hunter (30)
  • Fairy Guardian (30)
    100 total Micluses revealed, 100 total Fairies collected. Pretty easily achieved after a handful of plays through Raiden Fighters Jet. In Simulation Level 05, hovering over each of the large turrets until they explode reveals a Miclus. In the same level, passing left and right over the crane near the end of the level reveals a handful of faeries
  • Medal Collector (50)
    Learn how to make 100,000 point gold medals. Collect a total of 100 of them, which doesn't take long

RF1 & RF2: Medals increase in value when you collect one while no others are on the screen. Medals change type depending on whether you have 1, 2, or no slaves. Get the no slave medals up to 90 pts., the 1 slave medals up to 900 pts., the 2 slave medals up to 9000 pts. to make gold medals appear. Get 9 gold medals on screen at one time (hint: Micluses spew exactly 9 medals) and they'll explode and start increasing in value like the starting medals up to 100,000 pts

RFJ: A floating medal will follow you if you have a slave. Make it run into ground medals and other airborne medals and it will fuse with them to get bigger and become worth more. After collecting 31 other medals it makes a different sound and turns ginormous and purple. Collect it for 2,048,000 points. After this, reveal 9 regular medals either via Miclus or ground targets to cause them to explode and for gold medals to begin appearing instead. These work just like the increasing-value gold medals in RF1 and RF2
  • Allrounder (10)
    The Allrounder achievement requires that you set the games to the final phase for ship unlocks in the options. Play as all of the visible ships in RF1, plus the slave of any ship. Play as all of the visible ships in RF2, the Dark Sword (Highlight the "?" and press Shot + Down-Right simultaneously), the slave of any normal ship, and the slave of the Miclus (Fairy). Play as all of the visible ships in RFJ, the slave of any normal ship, and the slave of the Miclus. This should unlock the achievement, you don't need to play as the slave of every ship
  • Bonus Chain (30)
    Get the bonus chain multiplier up to x9 in RFJ. Easy as pie in Simulation Level 30 in the section before the boss where the small planes flying in from the top give Quickshot bonuses
  • Almost Master (50)
    Scratch bullets to the tune of 10,000,000 points total. Any of the games' expert modes or boss rush modes should provide this in a few runs, just edge up next to the slow moving or vertical streams and watch the points come in
  • Quick and Dead (50)
    Get 10m points worth of QUICKSHOT bonuses. RFJ Simulation Level 30 is a goldmine

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS

• Final Boss (RF2) (50)
  • Final Boss (RFJ) (50)
    Get to the True Last Bosses of RF2 and RFJ and kill them. Any difficulty, doesn't matter. Don't continue, get 100% shot down on Stage 3 and Stage 6 (the giant boss stages) in RF2, do well enough to get into Real Battle on RFJ
  • Shot Down (0)
    Get blown up 256 times. You get 3 chances per credit to get blown up, make the most of them!
  • Playing 1h. Over (10)
  • Playing 12h. Over (10)
  • Playing 24h. Over (10)
  • Playing 48h. Over (10)
  • Playing 96h. Over (10)
    When the total playtime across the three games adds up to one of these numbers, the achievement unlocks. Simple enough. Yes, unlike Wartech/Senko no Ronde you actually have to play the games

The achievements related to bonuses are cumulative, and carry across playthroughs and between the three games. If you're playing with an eye towards scoring, you'll end up with them sooner or later no matter what.

The various mode clear and 1CC achievements can be done at any difficulty, including the practice difficulty where nothing fires at you. Except the Expert Mode where stuff still fires at you but you can credit feed that to your heart's content. Keep in mind that continuing on the last stage means you start the last stage over from the beginning.

DJ Incompetent wrote: If you turn Final Mission off in the options menu you can continue without restarting the stage.

Also, this could help get those score-based achievements:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=16237

Hopefully this helped. ;)

EDIT:

Idk about you but I will have no hurry to get the 96h cheev, this game will be played for a long time, is a timeless classic. Maybe not to be played everyday but I can picture myself in two years still playing it, every now and then

Agreed. I figure an hour every night or every other night, plus the extended time I'll be playing for the next week or two since I just got the game will add up to 96 hours within a few months.

Edited by cliffO

Now that I know a lot about scoring in the game, I'm starting to wonder if these score achievements will unlock in Score Attack or Full Run modes, or if it is just for arcade. Especially since Score Attack doesn't let you choose a difficulty and the achievement description specifically notes you need to be on Normal or higher. That would be nice to know before I waste a bunch of time getting good at either, but it seems no other person that speaks English have done this yet, so I can't get an answer yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Edited - My apologies, posted a reply about the approximate time for 100% completion that was shown in the guide. Checking my achievements list just now, I see the reasoning for why 96 hours, a seemingly arbitrary number that doesn't make much sense instead of just stating 100 hours, was stated.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 years later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.