Collecting Souls/Jackanism FAQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I got my last 53 souls in Port Royal at the end of the level when you control Jack and Will.

I only used 1 shrunken head at a time because the gurads won't spawn fast enough and I'd end up wasting my Jackanism.

So after I ran out of shrunken heads I did everything you need to do to finish the level except leave. I opened the gates and fired the cannon shot. What this does is stop them from spawning in droves and brings it down to 2 or 3(which makes it easy to keep Will alive).

From here I just killed them off and used a finishing move when ever possible and every few guards would drop a shrunken head. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I think it's all about "game" luck. After firing the cannon i would be fortunate to get a skull every 8th or 10th special kill. After 6 skulls, they didn't drop anymore. I went through 30 or more marines with the special finish, and nothing. I got ticked and decided to end the level. right now I have 37 and I'm on the beach battle at the end of Isla Cruces. I had my count up to 55 here until pussy Will got killed. It REALLY sucks that you lose everything when you and/or you weak teammates die. That's my one gripe about the game

. Use either Elizabeth or will to climb up the wall and then open the cave below. Enter the Cave with Will and Elizabeth and wait for it to close. Now those to players a looked away and can't be hurt. I've noticed that Elizabeth is wreckless and runs off, whilst Will will follow Elizabeth and protect her, so if you enter with Elizabeth, Will should follow. Make sure they don't leave the cave before the gate closes.

Now only Jack and your two friends should be fighting kill off the remaining fish-people and wait for a boss to arive. Given two of your players are in the cave he immediatly rushes other there and starts banging uselessly at the gate.

Never thought of that, thanks. I'll try it tonight.

I tried this many of times (around 30?) and not once did I get a skull drop. Secondly you say pirates, the time you fight pirates there's no "boss" guy so they all die and not respawn, therefore I take it you mean the smartly dressed people right? I did as said but never seeing any Shrunken Heads. :(

Looks like I'll be trying it another way.

Yeah the Port Royal method sucks. It's all about luck. Isla Cruces' end beach fight is the best place for this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I got my 100 souls before I finished the game (I still have 3 levels to go).

-First I did the first two level, finishing Port Royal with the 3 heads.

-I went back into the prison, opened the green chest, reloaded from checkpoint and rushed through the level and used the heads on the end (I wanted to test how they worked) and got 8 souls, and by the way the game counts the souls I figured it would be 8 less souls to worry about.

-Then I replayed Port Royal, I didn't have much luck with dropped heads, so I got around 25 souls from there.

-Then, on the beginning of the Black Pearl, on my first time playing the level, I took Jack away from Jones, made sure the shark guy was beneath him fighting a NPC, went to the other side of the ship, used the heads, and I had a good drop of heads here, so I got a bit over 30 until I accidentally killed the shark guy and played the rest of the level.

-I didn't get any on Isla Cruces because by the time I got to the end of the level I was in a hurry to finish an save because I had to go somewhere.

-I got another 20+ on my first play on the Kraken level, where you fight the shark guy, I would run back to the beginning, use the heads rush back, kill guys, get heads and so until I killed the shark guy by mistake.

-The last heads I got replaying Davy's Locker, about 20 spread through the level.

Now, I only have to go through the last 3 levels without worrying about heads, every time I open a green chest, I just reload from checkpoint as not to loose them.

Hope that helps or gives anyone ideas on where to get their heads if they are missing any.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ok somebody please tell me why i had 65 souls through my regular playthrough and now its reset to 0?

If you replay a level your soul count is always zero. I beat this game and all the achievements in like 6 hours total. I spent 1 hour on the 100 souls.

1) replay the first level already having 2-3 skulls. You can add 10-15 souls to your total having brought skulls in for the Jackanism test.

2) I got 60 souls in 60-75 minutes in Isle Cruces. I locked Will and Elizabeth and the Boss in the cave. They never lost health (it helped they were double teaming the boss I assume). Then I got my souls and a special move, opened the gate and killed the boss.

Easy 1000 points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Marines only drop money, hearts, knifes and flintlock

Your best bet for getting heads from enemies are other pirates including the flying dutchmen crew. You need to be careful with these though because they also drop grenados which explode when you activate your move. Your best option is to try and claim these souls when not having to defend another crew member.

It is possible to get all 100 from one level, though it will take time.

1. Look for a level where you are only playing as Jack

2. Try and go into a fight with 3 heads already as you normally get swarmed first thing so plenty of kills quickly.

3. Use a sword, punch, sword combo as this fills your meter quickly

4. When your meter changes to a different colour you can use your special move.

5. keep attacking till you build up another 3 heads then run away to activate it.

6. Be sure not to kill the special character otherwise there will be no more respawns.

7. Just keep repeating till you hit your 100.

I am still trying to find the easiest and quickest level for doing this. It is possible to do this on the isla Cruces level at the end as long as you can keep both Elizabeth and Will alive through it all.

I dnt understand that because you only get a small amount of time to collect souls so even if you hit and hit as fast and you can you only get around 20 souls... 30 at the very most so how can you possibly get 100 souls on one level?

Gamertag : TaylorCee591

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wasted an hour and half doing this and only got 50 souls! Then my xbox froze and so none of them count.

Before it crashed I was on 71 souls, I was trying to get the final boost from the beach level.

I've seen people saying about davey jones locker level but what part of the level is this?

This achievement is doing my head in more than mile high club!

• 4 weeks later...

i found this so easy. i had the achievment before id done last level. just safe ur skulls and wacth for groups of enemys 5+ kill em all. and where they respawn camp spots can get 10 a time easy. skulls a so easy to find i dunno how so many people have trouble. didnt even sweat it.:woop:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i did the achievement on Isla Cruces, almost end of the level; it took me about an hour to get there and collect about 90 skulls (i needed only around 40-50 but first time and as i was bored killing enemies i threw a granade at group of enemies and killed Will by accident when already collected 40 skulls and had to start it all over... sigh... ;] ) - xax, xax, xax, xax, finish kill, if collected activate one skull, kill 3-4 enemies, repeat; look out for Will's and Elisabeth's health (it is easy as finish kills often drops a health heart, just collect them from time to time)

Edited by ownon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...