The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

I got booted for defending myself against someone that kept trying to kill me. I wasn't aware that people could boot you until then, and it's crap. No players should be allowed to kick another.

Exactly, because all it takes is a few punks who just want to piss everyone off to gang up and kick you, and then the killer of that is that you get fucking bad reputation for it. Makes zero sense.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in to register my outrage at the character creation tool. Great idea in theory, but in practice, everyone just looks like they have been through generations of serious in-breeding.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to matter how you tinker with the sliders, the end result is some kind of busted out dope fiend. Some things are better off left alone. Just give me a standard character customization and give me as many options as possible. What they've attempted to do here is just stupid and it's actually a step back for this kind of feature.

Edited by WalterWhite

Exactly, because all it takes is a few punks who just want to piss everyone off to gang up and kick you, and then the killer of that is that you get fucking bad reputation for it. Makes zero sense.

100% agreed. It's bullshit, I've never liked games that allow players to police themselves. Reminds me of L4D, piss someone off, and you'll end up getting kicked, even if you've done nothing wrong. Hopefully Rockstar will remove this option soon.

100% agreed. It's bullshit, I've never liked games that allow players to police themselves. Reminds me of L4D, piss someone off, and you'll end up getting kicked, even if you've done nothing wrong. Hopefully Rockstar will remove this option soon.

But then when you had a dumbass on L4D who would stand there idle and not do anything, nobody would agree to kick. It's never properly utilized, it's just an abused feature.

Robbed all the stores last night and got that platinum medal. Logged on today to find out all the stores are no longer robbed and my medal is back to bronze. D:

Mine went to back 19/20 so it was ok, it's saved on plat now. I got the world record lap multiples times and it still hasn't saved, pretty much impossible now, I dont know how people are finishing that fast. Today I had $1,200 went to strip club got 25 dances for platinum which cost $1,000 then when I start playing later its back to 0 but it saved that I spent the money. BS

Mine went to back 19/20 so it was ok, it's saved on plat now. I got the world record lap multiples times and it still hasn't saved, pretty much impossible now, I dont know how people are finishing that fast. Today I had $1,200 went to strip club got 25 dances for platinum which cost $1,000 then when I start playing later its back to 0 but it saved that I spent the money. BS

That sucks. It seems that it saves what you don't want it to save and vice versa. Mine managed to stay from last night (just finally checked) so I have three Platinum awards now. Just doing missions to rank up more, probably going to go through the easy Platinums here in a bit.

I was wrong about some of these awards. Silver for 'Pistol Whipped' requires 100 kills, so I can only assume Platinum is at least 500 or 1,000. Christ.

But then when you had a dumbass on L4D who would stand there idle and not do anything, nobody would agree to kick. It's never properly utilized, it's just an abused feature.

Have to agree it's never been properly used in games. Neither has "penalizing" for leaving early or idling. I can understand penalizing for people doing it constantly but the random person who has to answer the door or their internet goes down gets a negative rep, banned from game for x time and so on.

The power to the player is never in it's right. Players seem to direct how games are developed with shit "criticism and whining" while the players are at liberty play "Warden" with the others and expect everyone to be civil? Its just sad.

Have to agree it's never been properly used in games. Neither has "penalizing" for leaving early or idling. I can understand penalizing for people doing it constantly but the random person who has to answer the door or their internet goes down gets a negative rep, banned from game for x time and so on.

The power to the player is never in it's right. Players seem to direct how games are developed with shit "criticism and whining" while the players are at liberty play "Warden" with the others and expect everyone to be civil? Its just sad.

Yep. It's absurd. I played Counter-Strike: GO on the Arcade for a good while, but I always played with bots. Tried online one time, and I was 11-0 and just randomly got kicked. Playing the objective, getting kills, and they vote to kick me. First and last time I ever played online on that game.

I despise the cops online for this game. I'm doing a mission by myself where I have to stop a guy driving a Coquette and retrieve it. I got a wanted level because I tried to shoot and kill him (some missions grant wanted levels, others don't, for some reason), and the entire time, I'm chasing him down the highway, almost reach him, a cop magically appears in front of me, reads my movements, hits me, and I flip a bunch off the road. Car gets fucked up, so I pursue the Coquette again, and at least seven or eight times in a row, I almost reach him, and the same goddamn thing happens again. It's so irritating, I cannot stand it.

Edited by Creasy47

Yep. It's absurd. I played Counter-Strike: GO on the Arcade for a good while, but I always played with bots. Tried online one time, and I was 11-0 and just randomly got kicked. Playing the objective, getting kills, and they vote to kick me. First and last time I ever played online on that game.

I despise the cops online for this game. I'm doing a mission by myself where I have to stop a guy driving a Coquette and retrieve it. I got a wanted level because I tried to shoot and kill him (some missions grant wanted levels, others don't, for some reason), and the entire time, I'm chasing him down the highway, almost reach him, a cop magically appears in front of me, reads my movements, hits me, and I flip a bunch off the road. Car gets fucked up, so I pursue the Coquette again, and at least seven or eight times in a row, I almost reach him, and the same goddamn thing happens again. It's so irritating, I cannot stand it.

I was doing one earlier also and the care blows up really easily unlike in singleplayer. But right now I can't even connect to the cloud service so I'm waiting a bit and trying again.

But I also read a loading screen tip and it said if you don't play as your character for however long his skills will start to degrade.

I was doing one earlier also and the care blows up really easily unlike in singleplayer. But right now I can't even connect to the cloud service so I'm waiting a bit and trying again.

But I also read a loading screen tip and it said if you don't play as your character for however long his skills will start to degrade.

As if there aren't enough things hindering quality progress in this game. It's bad for those who can't even join and play - or just have their progress wiped - and it's bad for us who can play because nobody plays the missions. I'm sitting here trying the one mission I currently have, but it's too hard to complete by yourself, and nobody will join.

Don't understand why everyone is bitching to the extent that they are. Just play something else until the weekend or when it runs smoother...that's what I'm doing.

Rockstar hyped us with the online trailer and EVERYONE bought it for the MP experience. We had two whole weeks to play SP and by now everyone should've finished the story. Sure it is fun to ride through the areas but it's even more fun online. The free roaming in RDR was more fun with friends than alone.

Rockstar delayed the game 3 months and the online was supposed to start 2 weeks later. More than enough time to fix any issues. But hey, we weren't able to take pictures for almost one week because the Rockstar servers and cloud was fucking busy all the time.

I got one day off tomorrow and left work early. For what? To read that the damn cloud server is busy? Rockstar can do better. It's not like they're surprised with the amount of copies sold. And I read on FB and another forum that the PS3 servers work fine.

People should be able to trade the game back in because the online function is not available and the packaging clearly states that the online part is part of the purchase. It's written in big leters all across the back of the case.

I don't want to play other games. I want to play GTA V that I paid hard earned money for. And Rockstar is to fucking stupid to set up some servers. Can't be that hard. A week ago they bragged about delivering an expandable online experience with changing stuff. All I see is a god damn loading screen and error messages about the stupid cloud being busy.

If you were to marry your perfect 10 and left at the altar you'd smack the fucker in the face that suggests that you settle for a fat and ugly bish. Rockstar fucked up, you can't deny it. They don't deserve a special treatment just because it is GTA V. Like I said before, I can play Halo and CoD day 1 without any issues (not that I want to, but it is possible).

It's a shame that Rockstar let us gamers down. I just want to enjoy my day off and play GTA V online.

I got one day off tomorrow and left work early. For what? To read that the damn cloud server is busy? Rockstar can do better. It's not like they're surprised with the amount of copies sold. And I read on FB and another forum that the PS3 servers work fine.

You need a better source of information, the PS3 version seems to have way more problems than the Xbox 360 version where multiplayer is concerned. I've yet to get past character creation and judging from the conversation on the sister site, I'm not alone.

I assume as with everything else online thats a server problem spawning things?

My latest complaint ... the cloud appears to be down, so I can't retrieve my level 12 character. I sure hope I didn't lose my character.

Same here, I've been trying for a while now and it's still down and I was just on a bit ago. Usually I get the ( X ) button so I can just press it and retry but it's really down for me.

Sadly, I won't be surprised if you do. It's happened to quite a few people already.

Yesterday, after I took a break, I had lost a few levels from my character, my bank account was zeroed out, and I had lost my default car that supposedly had a functioning tracker in it.

Since it appears the cloud servers are down for many others, I'm optimistic that my character is still alive and will be available once they comeback online.

I love this thread. A lot.

Firstly, It's reassuring to know that i'm not alone.

And secondly, Some of you should be grateful that weren't born before the internet was cheap enough for every home to own lol. At least we can share our troubles/fixes with each other these days.

Or before multiplayer was even an option.

And secondly, Some of you should be grateful that weren't born before the internet was cheap enough for every home to own lol. At least we can share our troubles/fixes with each other these days.

Or before multiplayer was even an option.

thanks for making me feel old as even I remember a time when internet and multiplayer required you to play split screen....and im only 21 for god sake :p

When I was a kid, the internet used to disconnect every time someone tried to make a phone call lol

Not to mention 56k connection speeds that took about 20 mins to download 1 song haha.

up till I was about 11-12 that was the only internet I knew...and only my grandparents had it lol , guess it made for an ok reason to visit em ;)

I've lost so much money trying to survive a gang attack and get ten kills. I've gotten ten kills (counted), killed everyone, escaped the cops, and nothing. I can only assume I'm doing the wrong thing, and the Gang Attack is something else entirely. I'm tired of losing money. I had $40,000, trying to save up to get a place, and I'm down to $29,000 now. You make no money online yet you lose a lot for dying.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread