Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secret achievements are probably related to the main storyline which would explain why they are secret. If using the rest of the list as reference, I doubt they would be any more difficult.

Overall, this is a great list. The achievements are ALL very doable, require little to no grinding (except hitting level 50?), and just look like fun to get. I am tired of trying to get 1000G only to get bored shit of a game because I have to collect 82374985798345 flags or get 39475098745 kills. This is how achievements should be done. You can get almost all to all of them just by playing the game normally. You shouldn't have to go way out of the way and spend ridiculous amounts of time on them (I am looking at you Dead Rising with your 5 and 7 day survival achievements...).

I look forward to finally getting my first 1000G on this game.

Looks great, and you can get to level 50 by playing however you want, not by getting 1,000 kills with a shotgun and then 1,000 more with a sniper rifle, etc.; you can level without grinding other achievements.

As said above, I hope the secret ones are storyline-related and don't involve grinding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It does look like a pretty decent list (nothing too intimidating in there). I already had this game pre-ordered, so it looks like I'll be sticking with it.

Some games manage to discourage me from even playing them because the achievements are extremely time consuming. I like challenging achievements (Mile High Club in CoD4, challenge rooms in Arkham Asylum, etc), but I HATE when developers require you to play the game in every way possible just to get all of the achievements (ie: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc). The only thing you achieve by chasing after those is working a JOB that doesn't pay you anything ;)

I've been looking forward to this games for a long time, since I read about it in a magazine, the achievements look really doable and fun, good and balanced making the player play through more than once.

I think Im really going to enjoy this game, I just hate the way 2 games are coming out basiclly the same week, TBOGT(GTA IV), Forza 3. I think borderlands is going to dominate my time for most of '09, with minor distractions like Assassins creed II, MW2 and Forza 3.

I'll be the first to set up a co-op group.

For the achie-whores at heart (like myself) there is a second MASSIVE layer of cake icing: the game has it's own achievement system where it rewards you with xp basically for everything. 100 human kills, 250 human kills, 1000 human kills, 100 kills with a pistol, 250, 1000 and so on. The list is endless.