the didacts return spoiler of you havnt beatin episode 4

Hannibal king 88

Ok so well all kno how ep4 goes but does anyone have a funn feeling tha instead of the libraria coming oit of that little portal that the didact will. Idk if thats just me. But if say he does return doesnt that mean that cortanna comes back since she was on him. And why do i feel lile doc halls is talking to the librarian. Sorry for my bad spelling befor people cry about it

I doubt it'll be the didact. And even if I'm wrong, it won't be in the next episode. Each season is 10 episodes. And there will likely be at least two seasons between Halo 4 and 5.

Things are picking up. But don't expect to see any substantial plot elements (as in, leading us directly into Halo 5) until the final episodes of this season. At the very least. There won't be any point for players to keep playing if we know what happens mid-way through the season.

P.S. Way to put the fucking spoiler directly in the topic title.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

I'm expecting 4 things from Spartan Ops.

1. Jul ' Mdama. I really hoped he'd have at least some role in the campaign but he never showed. I like how he's the big man in Spartan Ops though, arguably a free campaign DLC.

2. Didact. Likely not until the very very end of all the last Episode will he make an appearance, though I would not be surprised if he influences things soon.

3. Cortana. If you read my Composer theory, it's highly likely she isnt just "gone." I believe that the artifacts we've been seeing and Halsey's contact in Ep 4 are all Cortana-related, if not her to begin with. In order for there to be more Halo games after this one they'll need Cortana to stay important to the story, even if not present.

4. Flood. Come on......we know they're out there, we know it's probably only a matter of time...... It'd also be one hell of a cliffhanger for the final chapter. I personally hope they never show but it's always a possibility.

Just thinking of this. Didnt the forrunners try some tech that had them tur into data and then reconfigure back to a human form. Ya they failed but do you think some how cortana could use it to cpme back. Just sayin

This is my theory mentioned in a nutshell. The Composer's function was a slip space alternative. Convert into data at one, then convert back from another across the galaxy. So solid to data then back again. The question I proposed was what if Cortana (data) had used it on herself to gain a physical form. That would also likely solve her rampancy.

I think the Didact isnt really dead, all we saw was him falling off the bridge...I think hes still alive somehow in my theory. And Cortana...I don't see her gone as well. I hope Jul ' Mdama plays a awsome role after spartan ops as well, that would be awsome.

I think he's pretty much dead in the sense of, not alive, but he's not gone. All the people who got killed in new phoenix got absorbed into the Composer, at least that's what it looked like for me. As if the Composer's beam draws the mass from the people and store's it in the bucket where the Didact fell into.

To be honest, on legendary I expected the Didact to rise from the Composer merged with all the mass it absorbed already in a giantic form for a final boss fight.

..well, one can dream.

lmao, exactly. RBmaster, I haven't quoted you but I'm digging your Cortana theory and also agree with you on the Flood.

Im trademarking the theory now. If/when it happens expect to see me on this or H5's forum about it.

Same way with the Fallback Server fiasco earlier this week. Anyone who used the word "unacceptable" in that 110-page thread owes me 10 cents.

Im trademarking the theory now. If/when it happens expect to see me on this or H5's forum about it.

Same way with the Fallback Server fiasco earlier this week. Anyone who used the word "unacceptable" in that 110-page thread owes me 10 cents.

hahaha, I'll be looking forward to it :p

Ok did anyone else see cortana when dr halls opened hat little contaner. And how the fu k was the elite talking to the doc the whole time with no one cathcing the signal holy hel. And i like thetheory of cortana and the one of the didact not being dead .

I'm more curious at to why Jul M'dama (the elite you're talking about) was talking to Halsey. It's not like he was looking to get information out of her. More like he was trying to make her aware of what was going on with the Prometheans. I'm seriously beginning to wonder what interest he has in her.

And just to clear this up. It wasn't Cortana you saw. It was Halsey. Don't bother arguing, either. Just watch it again and you'll realize I'm right.

Where both Cortana and The Didact are concerned. I'm not buying into either theory. The Didact, maybe. Because watching the waypoint vids, you know he somehow altered himself to attempt to become immune to the flood. If anything, that'll most likely play a factor in his survival.

But Cortana...

John's entire story arc (of learning how to cope with the fact that he IS human) was galvanized by his greatest loss - her death. And if you just magically bring her back, it voids and cheapens the impact that had on both him, and players. Her death was easily the most monumental event in the series. To just magically resurect her would cheapen it. Not to mention shake any confidence I have in 343's ability to be taken seriously where storytelling is concerned. Killing her was a balsey, bold decision. And the right one to make. Anyone that says otherwise is just a fanboy that wants her back. Regardless of the harm it would do to the story.

Long story short. I don't think she's coming back. And I don't want her to.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

Ok im not trying to argue about it but cortana is doc halls. Look up the vid on youtube and then skip to 1:54. If cortana used the forrunner metod and figured out a way tp cure her rampancy. Couldnt it be possible that thats her figure you see in the data blast? Like i said im not tryin to start and argument. Im just sick of seeing john being a bitch after seeing him amd knowing him for the last 10 plus years as a complete bad ass

And i dont think the elites interested in her persay i think hes just getting sick of glassman and he wants some one smarter that has more forrunner background and knowledge. And like you said its like hes telling her all the parts the unsc didnt tell her . Which is why the dip shyt old fart gets caught lp

After reading everything in this topic (and taking a couple vicodin for my headache) all I'm going leave with is

1. Cortana's not dead. She's trapped within the Domain.

2. The Flood should and almost certainly will make a comeback, possibly before the end of this season, though more likely it will only be alluded to and they become a new faction to fight in Season 2.

3.The Didact is dead, in a sense. It's possible he's still alive in the sense that the Librarian still lives through the Memory Fragment. And the use of the Didact's Memory fragment to influence various enemy motives would be understandable as well.

4. This doesn't really have anything to do with theorizing the storyline, but I would really like to see S-Ops start implementing new enemies. Want to see the return of Jiralhanae, Yanme'e, and maybe even start bringing in cut species like the Drinol and Sharquoi. Also New Promethean forces being awakened (maybe the results of the Composer being used on Covenant forces before it's destruction. I noticed the Covenant were nowhere to be seen after the Destruction of the Composer. Maybe he used it on them as well.)

This is my theory mentioned in a nutshell. The Composer's function was a slip space alternative. Convert into data at one, then convert back from another across the galaxy. So solid to data then back again. The question I proposed was what if Cortana (data) had used it on herself to gain a physical form. That would also likely solve her rampancy.

Would be cool if she came back like you say, Halo 5 coop, second player can play as her :p

Just thinking of this. Didnt the forrunners try some tech that had them tur into data and then reconfigure back to a human form. Ya they failed but do you think some how cortana could use it to cpme back. Just sayin

The Composer was designed to turn physical form into digital but it wasn't truly successful. However, it wasn't designed to do the opposite. The Forerunners more or less wanted to be intangible so the flood could not touch them. There was no indication that it would do the opposite, if anything, bring Cortana back as a human. She was MAPPED from Halsey's CLONED brain but she is just a program. She would have no physical form to come back as aside from her digital incarnation.

She also said she used the last of her essence to maintain John from the blast. Bringing her back in any sense destroys the whole nature of her sacrifice to me. Plus, it keeps enabling that fantasy notion where anyone can be brought back.

That's just me.

On the idea that the "Memories' are hers, I don't see how that's technically possible as Thorn(sp? I don't like the SIV's so I don't take the time to care about 'em) said it was from New Phoenix. She nor John had any direct contact with New Phoenix. I would more surmise it's the Librarian or something more attatched to her or the Prometheans.

I just hope it's not Cortana.

• 11 months later...