Seriously WTF is the deal with the endless spawning of infected in the city

tonyturbo

What's the deal with the infuriating relentless spawning of some many infected that run faster than Usain Bolt in the middle of the game. For me, the game has gotten incredibly dumb, cant even pass though the city now without loosing 20k in money from deaths or using up every last one of your medi packs. Is there a reason why I'm getting 10 or so infected surrounding me and kicking my ass, its like i cant even move 10 feet without a dozen infected running at me from the other side of the damn city. Is there a particular quest that can be done reduce this complete BS?

Your at an infinite spawn point probably. Just go somewhere away from

Where you are an they will stop spawning but if there werent some infinite points you could theoretically be able to kill all the zombies and run arous zombie free

And if you were just bitching:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=328376

Edited by ofay

What's the deal with the infuriating relentless spawning of some many infected that run faster than Usain Bolt in the middle of the game. For me, the game has gotten incredibly dumb, cant even pass though the city now without loosing 20k in money from deaths or using up every last one of your medi packs. Is there a reason why I'm getting 10 or so infected surrounding me and kicking my ass, its like i cant even move 10 feet without a dozen infected running at me from the other side of the damn city. Is there a particular quest that can be done reduce this complete BS?

I really only ran into it when doing the side quests around the time you're taking to the sewers. The Heads of Cerberus were the worst for me. And I 100% agree with you. It was the most frustrated I ever got playing this game. Constantly being attacked by unlimited spawning infected. So incredibly frustrating when you can't even move.

From then on, whenever I was in the city I just ran from car to car and regained stamina on the roofs of vehicles instead of fighting zombies. It's way too frustrating, especially playing alone. I was playing the Heads of Cerberus with 2 friends and all of us were dying constantly.

So either run from car to car, or make use of meat bait. That's about all I can think of. And using rooftops of buildings whenever possible.

Personally I loved that aspect of the city, it really had me checking my six on a regular basis and moving from cover to cover. You could cheat and simply run from car/van to car/van, and then pick off any followers you gained.

Also avoid the quarantine zone as this has rapid spawn of infected unless that is actually where you are talking about.

Personally I loved that aspect of the city, it really had me checking my six on a regular basis and moving from cover to cover. You could cheat and simply run from car/van to car/van, and then pick off any followers you gained.

Also avoid the quarantine zone as this has rapid spawn of infected unless that is actually where you are talking about.

You have to go to the quarantine zone as part of the Third Head of Cerberus, so maybe that's where he is. That was the worst part of the game so far for me.

You have to go to the quarantine zone as part of the Third Head of Cerberus, so maybe that's where he is. That was the worst part of the game so far for me.

I loved that part for the reasons above and because I already knew about the area. I sat and planned my run through but as with all best plans I'm sure you can guess how that went.

ahh yes, infected. my least favorite type of zombie in this game, i can honestly own any other enemy. aside from the occasional suicider who is magically spawning behind me, my only deaths are from these infected.

even with jump-kicks, spamming swings mixed with kicks, those buggers will just go into your body and end up giving you a mike tyson combo. i just find these guys to be cheap as hell, my fav strategy is to juke on the rooftops ASAP. as long as you have amo, and a surplus of molotovs it is a BLAST! i love watching those hungry assholes reach up for me, while me and my buddy pick them off.

^^

we actually found a crazy spot where infected just kept spawning and running around the corner to get us. i would stay below with my katana, while he dropped down bricks on their head ahahah. this game is just so much more fun co-op.

To make it short. That's how Techland trying to say "STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CITY CENTER OR YOU'RE DONE!"

So far I only encountered two bad ass spots of Infected. Obviously the city center where all the medical tents are and in the down left area of the map next to a few human shooters, there are always three burning Infected rushing down from the roof.

yes guys, its the 3rd cerberus mission with the speakers. Man it's tough, just can't figure out how to advance to that area without getting annihilated.

Can you circle the zone and enter at a point closest to the speaker?

In case you are not yet familiar the area is what appears to have been a quarantined zone where they tried to treat the outbreak. It's got barriers that you need to climb higher than normal to get over or use the laddered towers on one side.

The tents are not safe as an infected spawn point is nearby above it and they will poor down onto the tent after you. The trucks are safe spots as long as the infected don't get a run up towards the cab. I've found the infected will climb if they hit the object dead on and sometimes if another infected stands behind them and runs towards you they will push/clip the other one up onto the object so be wary.

that mission was a key ingrediant in the cheap-ass-ness of this game:(. they literally stop telling you where to go, and you just need to magically find the ladder to the roof. now at which point you have zombies throwing their weapons at you. of course they have survivors camping by the speakers when you get up there, shooting at other survivors..

i just didnt see the point in telling us where to go at all, dont give me something then take it away.. i would of rather guessed to begin with, than walk around aimlessly trying to re-activate my dotted line.

what kind of shitty game cant navigate its own island? honestly i could not count how many times that line told me to walk thru a wall or mountain..

Personally I would have preferred they tell us less. I mean not only do they tell us where to go but they also give us a tom tom route to follow. I ignored it most of the time but I'll admit there were times of confusion that it helped. Not that it can handle hopping over a wall as a shortcut very well.

Yep, that is one brutal mission. They seemed to ramp the difficulty to max for that one. A problem I had with it was that it was the first (and last) time I went to that area, meaning I had no frame of reference to where anything was and it's such a built up and busy section that it was easy to get lost whilst battling countless infected. The shotgun is your best friend in times of grief, the snap-to auto aim just seems to find their heads and you can't argue with a one shot kill!

***** POSSIBLE SPOILER *****

I had a similar problem with infected in the jungle whilst recovering the camera, but thankfully there is more space to manoeuvre there and I had a shedload of molotovs which ease the burdon.

Apart from these two areas, I haven't really had too many problems with them, that being said, Im only just going to the prison now so we'll see what happens there.

:mad:

I feel this persons pain. Most of my deaths & lose of money came from this part of the city. Its anoying going over the wall and getting gang bang by over powered infected & infected that can throw weapons. I would run and jump on a car, kill a few, then just dip from that spot to another car. Since they cant reach you, unless they have a weapon and throw it at you.

• 2 weeks later...
yes guys, its the 3rd cerberus mission with the speakers. Man it's tough, just can't figure out how to advance to that area without getting annihilated.

Same, dear God, for "medium" difficulty, I died over 30 times. From $100,000 down to like $40k. Least fun quest in the entire game. I go into rage and take out like 15 infected, then I'm surrounded by 10 more. Stuuuuupid. Not sure why they decided to make them infinitely spawn. Would have been more fun if it was like 10 rams, 10 thugs, 10 floaters, etc... not just oh you killed 10 infected here's 20 more.

Basically you are complaining about the difficulty.

It ramps up for a very VERY small part of the game in way that is in keeping with realism of the world the game is set in.

You are complaining that this level is hard and you don't wanna play it.

Sorry if this sounds brutal but with each game we buy we demand the author entertain and challenge us. Imo the game needed more of these situations. But we only got one, one single small area that we have to enter once, not a game full of challenges but one.

I have a sad.

NB: "You" is no one person, but all who are moaning about how difficult this small area is.

either way, if one has to jump from vehicle to vehicle to avoid ridiculously fast and strong Infected all the time, the game (or programmers) is stupid.

i know exactly what OP is talking about, and it's annoying. i don't mind an Infected once in a while, but around every corner... come on! their combos are insane. they beat you down in a sec, even with full health. i especially hate it when two of those f*ckers come from the front and behind. you stand no chance. and trying to outrun them... yeah right!

the difficulty level just went from 1 to 10 in a matter of hours of gameplay. i mean, what were they thinking?

oh, yeah, btw folks... there is a bitching thread for these kind of rants... ;P

Sounds like a good point to rack up Fury kills...

The thing I hate most about the infected is how if you miss the first attack they attack you and you can't swing because your fending their attacks off.

A follow up kick will break this attack. The actual problem is that they run at you so quickly that they will often end up up behind you or to the side and the kick does not connect. Once you get used to locating them and kicking if the initial attack misses they aren't so difficult.

Obviously if you get them en-masse this isn't much help but if you have the space, a dodge backwards with a kick mid air will often catch all them with the same kick and being it is an airborne kick they get grounded. A very handy move.

Yeah this was very frustrating for me as well especially when one of the side quests path took you through that territory, I didnt mind the toughness of it moreso the fact that when I respawned it was usually in that area and before I knew it they where on top of me and didnt give me a chance at times. Though frustrating and all I still love the game and hope for a sequel.