Onyx Medals Guide and Discussion

Nikke84

Two rounds.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have all game modes except wingman to boost and I'm currently idle boosting tdm. I assume its best to do skunker with warzone, as tdm is taking a long time with just one round? (Boosting with 3 xboxs so I have 5 idles)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KotH by a mile. The bots are pants on head retarded for CTL. Plus, the stupid Untouchable ribbon means you're probably going to want to idle with full teams. With multiple Xboxes, at least you can put a ton of idles on the other team.

Awe damn it i forgot about those ctl ribbons... thought i was in the clear with just ideling the mode lol

What do you think about this settings for KOTH and CTL?

Number of bots : 2

Difficulty: Insane

Time Capture: 10

Ring : 60

Number of rounds to win 1:

2 Controllers on the same team

No weapon pick ups

This way, you do no win, but maybe having two bots fighting for the goal is faster than only one.

Good thing you don't have to think about it. Wingman is BY FAR the worst, so everything else is just letting it go until it's done. KotH is my last gametype, but I'm putting it to 2 rounds and using a second Xbox to wrap up Skunker, as well.

Yeah wingman was horrible...

so was skunker, but having the extra 2 consoles helped out a hell of a lot.

Im not sure what to do for skunker on one xbox. Should I play KOTH, 2 round, 60 second rounds and do all my weapons like that (getting around 20 kills a match) or should I idle boost CLT, execution and KOTH and put it at 2 rounds ( I heard you will maybe get 1 skunk every 4 matches?

Here's my "game plan" for Seriously 3. I figure that my method will help you decide what you want to do.

For weapon kills, I do KOTH. 2 rounds, 60 second capture time. This way, I get about 20-30 kills a match and a skunk. So, for every 10 skunks, I get anywhere between 200 to 300 kills towards a weapon. I prefer this method because I work on something else along with weapon kills, and because I can't stand doing 240 capture time on KOTH. It's way too boring.

If you want, you can keep reloading for smaller maps to maximize your kills. It's real easy to get at least 30 kills on maps like Trenches and Checkout. I personally just let the maps rotate and only quit out of Sandbar. The Slab is pretty shitty for it, too, so I'd suggest quitting out and reloading when that comes up too.

Of course, this all comes down to your preference and if you're trying to do it as fast as possible. It's a lot slower with the 60 second round method compared to the 240 round method, but it's less mind-numbing. If you watch something in the background, like a movie or Let's Plays, it makes it very easy and "relaxed". For example, I just knocked out around 35 skunks and went from ~1300 kills to ~2000 with the Lancer while re-watching AVGN episodes.

After I finish all the weapons (all of the starting weapons and pistols, since I used other methods to get the other weapon medals) I'll just idle the rest of the skunks. I don't have a single gamemode Onyxed yet, except Wingman, so I have plenty of chances to knock the remaining skunkers out with idling.

Feel free to add to this. It's certainly not the best method, but it's a good way to knock out skunks and weapon kills at the same time, and it's not as boring as 240 second rounds. Of course, it's all down to preference. However, if you don't like sitting around playing long-ass matches, try this.

Here's my "game plan" for Seriously 3. I figure that my method will help you decide what you want to do.

For weapon kills, I do KOTH. 2 rounds, 60 second capture time. This way, I get about 20-30 kills a match and a skunk. So, for every 10 skunks, I get anywhere between 200 to 300 kills towards a weapon. I prefer this method because I work on something else along with weapon kills, and because I can't stand doing 240 capture time on KOTH. It's way too boring.

If you want, you can keep reloading for smaller maps to maximize your kills. It's real easy to get at least 30 kills on maps like Trenches and Checkout. I personally just let the maps rotate and only quit out of Sandbar. The Slab is pretty shitty for it, too, so I'd suggest quitting out and reloading when that comes up too.

Of course, this all comes down to your preference and if you're trying to do it as fast as possible. It's a lot slower with the 60 second round method compared to the 240 round method, but it's less mind-numbing. If you watch something in the background, like a movie or Let's Plays, it makes it very easy and "relaxed". For example, I just knocked out around 35 skunks and went from ~1300 kills to ~2000 with the Lancer while re-watching AVGN episodes.

After I finish all the weapons (all of the starting weapons and pistols, since I used other methods to get the other weapon medals) I'll just idle the rest of the skunks. I don't have a single gamemode Onyxed yet, except Wingman, so I have plenty of chances to knock the remaining skunkers out with idling.

Feel free to add to this. It's certainly not the best method, but it's a good way to knock out skunks and weapon kills at the same time, and it's not as boring as 240 second rounds. Of course, it's all down to preference. However, if you don't like sitting around playing long-ass matches, try this.

Thank you for your post. Im around the same stage as you, nearly have wingman Onyxed and no other gametypes done. Im always watching a lets play on youtube when im boosting to reduce the boredom. Im going to do my kills like this from now on, thanks for the help.

yup as i predicted, next hour and 6 mins, onyxed koth.

and its the only mode medal with a different title lol. like the lancer onyx.

now onto ctl, the final mode i need to onyx.

starting with 1805 for ctl

is the quickest method for ctl onyx the method suggested in the op?

Edited by Omni CEO

anyone have a good strategy for Guardian and Abductor?

and to anyone who has them onyxed already? what are the requirements?

thanks, i know some of the threads around here and elsewhere arent updated good.

Edited by Omni CEO

Well, for Guardian, you just need to grind it out. Sign in a guest for your team and get a second person on the other team. Then spend the next 3 hours using double beat downs to continually down your idle and the other leader. There's vids on YouTube of the method, so I won't explain it in full detail. When I helped someone out, we were getting 130-140 per round. I believe you need 1200 for Onyx.

Well, for Guardian, you just need to grind it out. Sign in a guest for your team and get a second person on the other team. Then spend the next 3 hours using double beat downs to continually down your idle and the other leader. There's vids on YouTube of the method, so I won't explain it in full detail. When I helped someone out, we were getting 130-140 per round. I believe you need 1200 for Onyx.

What about for abductor?

What about for abductor?

I've been playing 15 round games against casual bots with my other controller on the other team. Don't worry and weapon kills at all, just get your Gnasher out, shotgun the first regular bot with the leader to get a first blood then make a beeline for the leader.

It goes pretty fast and is best done in smaller chunks, say 50 at a time. After 10 very small sessions you'll have it this way.

I've been playing 15 round games against casual bots with my other controller on the other team. Don't worry and weapon kills at all, just get your Gnasher out, shotgun the first regular bot with the leader to get a first blood then make a beeline for the leader.

It goes pretty fast and is best done in smaller chunks, say 50 at a time. After 10 very small sessions you'll have it this way.

Oh so it doesnt need to be set to fill then? or does it?

i have 3 consoles, so it'd be me vs 5 idles.

I try CLT boosting like the guide suggests:

Caputer leader time: 10

Round to win: 1

Number of bots: 1

Bot diffuclty: insane:

Bleeding time: 5

Weapon Pickups: DISABLED.

Cog team: Me and Bot

Locust team: Idle player.

But in 140 minutes i earn ONLY 8 matches CTL. (one CTL match in 15 minutes)

Tell me I did something wrong because it takes forever.

I try CLT boosting like the guide suggests:

Caputer leader time: 10

Round to win: 1

Number of bots: 1

Bot diffuclty: insane:

Bleeding time: 5

Weapon Pickups: DISABLED.

Cog team: Me and Bot

Locust team: Idle player.

But in 140 minutes i earn ONLY 8 matches CTL. (one CTL match in 15 minutes)

Tell me I did something wrong because it takes forever.

Maybe the bleedout time should be longer otherwise the bot doesn't always have time to make the capture? Also don't forget there is a lot of time overhead in the switch between maps/matches so it's always slower than you think it's going to be. Mind you, that does seem incredibly slow…

OK, just looked at some of my own stats, going for CTL with bots to fill so I can idle boost and get Sovereign and Leader progress too.

Capture time: 10

Rounds to win: 1

Number of bots: Fill

Bot difficulty: Insane

Bleed-out time: 60

Friendly Fire: On (doesn't make that much difference, though)

Weapon Pickups: Disabled

Matches per hour: 22

Wins (Sovereign) per hour: 9

Leader (Untouchable) per hour: 6

Those figures are about average for me. That was a 3 hour session. I do have stats for another 15 hour session where it seems I was getting 24/12 matches/wins but not sure of all settings on that one. Perhaps I had all weapons to Boomshot left over from previous idle boosting?

Hope that helps, anyway.

Unless you want to win every game, then it's you and a bot against a guest. But yes, that is the fastest that doesn't involve playing or the quitting exploit.

Regardless, it's just as fast either way. May as well take the 75 credits times 3,000 towards progress to the Gold Wings. And you can get another 45k XP for 3x onyx on Battle Mistress.

Totally agree on the second point. I'm curious, though, what is the quitting exploit?