Master Sniper

For this achievement, you need to get 10 kills with headshots in a row.

I tried it hundreds of times with weapons that weren't snipers and confirmed that it must be a sniper or the achievement is glitched.

So I went to the part with the weird infrared sniper and tried reloading that checkpoint and killing 15+ guys in a row with headshots, it still won't work.

I've done it without missing, without reloading, everything.

The guys with helmets lose their helmets and the guys without do the weird 'popup' animation so I know I'm getting headshots.

I'm trying it at that part with 6 or so snipers in the big area.

I kill those 6, then 4 or 5 other guys come and I kill all them then reload before killing the blimp.

If anyone has it, how/where/with what gun/in how many kills did you get it?

EDIT: How embarassing... I got it the first time after posting this. I just did exactly what I did before... except I put the difficulty on normal instead of easy, even though the achievement says any difficulty.

Okay well it seems as though a great spot would be near the end, when you're crossing the bridge to board the huge blimp.

You can pick up a sniper somewhere before going up an elevator.

You go up the elevator, then there's a guy on your left, so carefully get a headshot on him. Then go back to the right, there's one more guy then 2 at the end of a long walkway thing. (One's firing rockets).

Then, there's 2 assault blimps on the right with people at the bottom, headshot as many of those as possible.

Look up on the bridge beside you to your left and there's 5-10 people who stand in the same spot.

Keep hitting their heads as they pour in together.

This should work although it's not where I got my achievement... just seems a better place.

hi guys thought id share my views on the sniper ach i was trying on storming the tower on all difficulties also with the cheats on was trying for and i shit u not 8 hours all together with well over 800 head shots still was not getting it so i gave up for a few days. then tryed again and FINALLY I GOT IT. i did it on escape plan when i picked up the vampire gun i had it on normal with cheats ON. i also missed a few shots in between getting it hope this helps.

I got it on Act 1:3. It's at the part where you need the sniper to kill the guys on the rooftops (near the end of the level). There's 6 of them, so use your red vision to spot them, but turn it OFF to snipe. You should see 2 red dots, which is the enemy's eyes. Simply snipe all 6 of them in the head. After that, cross over to the next building by climbing on the pipe. About 4 or 5 more enemies should be hiding on the ground. Wait until they stand still, and snipe them in the head. I did this on Hard difficulty and I got it, although I didn't try on the other difficulties. Hope this helps.

:drunk

The absolute easiest way to get this one is to grab the sniper rifle after you parachute onto the tower. Its directly in front of you on a box or something. Then, stay back, shoot the three guys by the machine gun pit to the right and the one on the elevated walkway just a wee bit to their left. Then go to your left and take out the guys in the other pit and the snipers and others on the elevated walkway. Before you get to leave here and into the door you should have this one. In fact DO NOT go in the door if you havent gotten it, pause and reload the checkpoint and try again. Each time you kill one count it so you know when you hit ten if you missed a head shot.

this achievement is annoying me so much ive followed all your guides people and i still cant bloody get it ive tried it on normal,hard and even insane and still no joy, ive tried it in the sewer when ya get the vampire rifle and no joy tried it before you get into the zepplin no joy and ive tried it a hundred times on storm the tower and still no joy

mine took a few tries after you parachute on to the tower - you get a sniper to start out with - and more then 10 targets that are rather easy to pick off - i just aimed for the top part of the heads - to only hit - and not chance a neck - or top body shot- after a few tries - i got it - and it was easy enough to just load checkpoint since you start out pretty much where you need to be

The absolute easiest way to get this one is to grab the sniper rifle after you parachute onto the tower. Its directly in front of you on a box or something. Then, stay back, shoot the three guys by the machine gun pit to the right and the one on the elevated walkway just a wee bit to their left. Then go to your left and take out the guys in the other pit and the snipers and others on the elevated walkway. Before you get to leave here and into the door you should have this one. In fact DO NOT go in the door if you havent gotten it, pause and reload the checkpoint and try again. Each time you kill one count it so you know when you hit ten if you missed a head shot.

Got it second try using this method on EASY. There are at least 20 guys before you go through the door. First try definitely missed a shot so I restarted counted every one and got it at 17th. There were still 3-4 guys left if not more.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got it at the parachute drop point as well. I'd been trying over and over on Normal, failing for no reason. I just gave up. I loaded the game up just now to go ahead and finish the rest of the campain, but decided on a whim to try it some more on Easy first. Got it first try. Go fig. Obviously, everybody's copies are glitched differently, so if you try enough combinations of sniper locations and difficulty levels, you should hopefully be able to pull this off.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've been having a lot of trouble with this achievement until I read this post!

Got with with my first try! I did London Tower on EASY. Grabbed the sniper rifle and started shooting. I just lined up the middle point on your scope with the brim of their helmet and got a headshot evey time.

Thanks!

FX.

• 2 months later...
Wow, I've been having a lot of trouble with this achievement until I read this post!

Got with with my first try! I did London Tower on EASY. Grabbed the sniper rifle and started shooting. I just lined up the middle point on your scope with the brim of their helmet and got a headshot evey time.

Thanks!

FX.

Thank you very much. "I just lined up the middle point on your scope with the brim of their helmet and got a headshot evey time." That's exactly the way to get the perfect registered headshot. I got it ON EASY on mission 6. However I didn't miss once, but I did reload. For a tip of advice, the enemies love the mounted machine gun and that can't obviously move once they are on it. So kill the first mounted gunner and then another will hop on and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried this about 20 times in lvl 6 every difficulty and I finally GOT IT in lvl 6 after head shotting about twenty guys. I killed all the guys at the beginning and all the guys that come out the door. The problem with my disc or maybe even 360 is every time i restart lvl i think it glitches the achievement so for me i have to either quit and go to the main menu then select the level and watch the cinematic mode all over again or turn off my 360 completely and go into the game from there. This is not the only game that has done this for me soldier of forture and army of two actually did the exact same thing.

just a tip becuz someone might have the same problem as me.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine on easy setting on the Storming the Tower as well. I got it first try, on my first ten kills. I was worried this would take me long, but this technique worked out great. i even missed on shot (the guy moved back to cover and I hit nothing) and it didn't interrupt the combo.

Thank you for the recommendation and good luck to anybody else that doesn't have this yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I give up I've reloaded level 6 so many times now I'm starting to get worried about wearing that part of the disc away I'm just going to finish the game then come back to it :uzi:

Edit : done it

Edited by Taffy