x360a cited in server outage news story, PS3 fanboys enraged

DV Bastian

VentureBeat ran a news story about the widely-reported Battlefield 3 server outages that have affected all three platforms to varying degrees, and even linked back to this very forum to show some of the fan outrage.

So of course, the comments are literally nothing but PS3 kids jumping to the game's defense since "they have not experienced any problems on the PS3".

http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/26/battlefield-3-suffers-severe-launch-issues-players-outraged/

How did you get out of your cage again?

I lol'd :D

OT: im getting the game today with some luck so hopefully the servers will be Better but then again if the servers are bad with just the US playing when everyone else joins its going be insane lol, really do wonder why EA bothered with he beta as said before, what goods ot done ?

i would thought people would realise ea servers are always going to be bad when there games first release but atleast its not the same game being remade over and over again :uzi:cough call of duty cough

What he attempted to say.

BC2 has bad servers at the start, MoH had bad servers at the start, EA just has shitty servers. That's the bottom line.

I do agree with the CoD statement. Copy and paste at it's best. Gamefly for me.

BF3 is a new and amazing game that works and works very well, when servers allow. I was able to get in 4 hours of BF3 last night and only 2 server disconnects and a little lag a couple of times.

I love BF3 and see myself spending ALOT of time on it.

What he attempted to say.

BC2 has bad servers at the start, MoH had bad servers at the start, EA just has shitty servers. That's the bottom line.

I do agree with the CoD statement. Copy and paste at it's best. Gamefly for me.

BF3 is a new and amazing game that works and works very well, when servers allow. I was able to get in 4 hours of BF3 last night and only 2 server disconnects and a little lag a couple of times.

I love BF3 and see myself spending ALOT of time on it.

Guys, this game is great, but it still is a EA game...which means....CRAPPY servers. Not just with Battlefield BC2, but all ea games.. NHL, NBA, MADDEN.

With NHL12 my online ass wasn't working...I had to buy a new one @800 MSP....:mad:

Buyt as always....they'll fix it and we're gonna have a blast.

See ya on the battlefield.

I loved that in linking to CGPsaint's thread, the first thing people see is the statement "EA, fix your shit". That gave me a good chuckle, summarizes the general feeling rather well I think. :woop:

As for the inevitable COD comparison that was bound to happen here, well let's just say I wait with baited breath on how many seconds after release MW3 is before someone figures out how to do an infinite care package or some other happy fun game-breaking bullshit. COD MP is fun, until it isn't. And it stops being fun FAST.

If one has to choose, I'll take EA's server disconnects over the COD hacking community thank you.

Depending on either game's issues....I may just go back and continue my quest in Lost Odyssey. :p

The game will be perfect after a few patches & updates. BC2 experienced the same problem when it released and ended up being a great gaming experience. :)

so what you're saying is that it's ok for a company of EA's stature to release a broken product if it's fixed later in patches and updates? no. that's bullshit. i just played two hours worth of multiplayer and didn't finish a single game because the server dropped halfway through each time. can you imagine when europe gets the game tomorrow? it's going to be even worse.

VentureBeat ran a news story about the widely-reported Battlefield 3 server outages that have affected all three platforms to varying degrees, and even linked back to this very forum to show some of the fan outrage.

So of course, the comments are literally nothing but PS3 kids jumping to the game's defense since "they have not experienced any problems on the PS3".

http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/26/battlefield-3-suffers-severe-launch-issues-players-outraged/

I have the PS3 version and have not had a single problem in multiplayer.

to say we all knew that 3 million people pre-ordered battlefield 3 and they had a open beta that had no server issues makes me wonder why the release of the actual game sees the servers shit

i know its ea but like i said no server problems with the beta and they knew how many ordered the damn game

tried for 30 minutes earlier and couldnt get 1 game and then theres the insert disc 1 see it aint working insert disc 2 to play campaign is slightly annoying

I have only had the server problem once, and I just waited like 5 minutes (got some food) and it worked fine. Even if it does mess up, a little patience can go a long way. Like one of the posters in this topic said, BC2 was fantastic after they got everything together and fixed.

With EA eagerly reporting an estimated three million in pre-orders, why were they not prepared? This is not their first rodeo, and DICE has had this problem countless times before, most recently with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. There’s absolutely no excuse for the game to flat-out not work, especially after releasing a seemingly pointless beta. Riccitiello has gone on the record saying EA would be spending upwards of $100 million marketing Battlefield 3, so perhaps some of that money should have been directed towards ensuring the actual game functions as intended.We have contacted EA for an official comment. We will update the story if they choose to respond.
The most important piece of this article, and the primary reason I now avoid online-based games published by EA. They're a completely inept company who refuses to acknowledge previous mistakes to help make better decisions; why help a company who consistently decides not to support their games for the first few weeks of release? Completely unacceptable, (and this is not including their bullshit bait-and-switch antics regarding free Battelfield:1943 w/ the PS3 puchase.) Edited by Kraderic

Awfully odd how one troll can sidetrack a whole thread. Thanks Mello Tha Pro, you just made these forums look like a bunch of whiners.

OT: The server outages are expected with EA, but the worst thing we could do is just sit there and bitch about it. Sit back, play another game, and wait for EA to fix it. Your life doesnt have to revolve around one new game.

Yes the servers are pretty crap right now. I do not know why EA and DICE even held a beta if they could not get the issues resolved. But i do have Faith in DICE that they will fix all of the issues the game has. They have not let me down in the past. At least they do fix the issues in the game. Do i think we should give EA the pass for the issues with servers? No, they should have know how to resolve these issues 3 years ago with BC2 and again with MoH. Its understandable that most people are pissed off. But I for one am so used to these problems with console released EA games that I have come to terms with it and do not get worked up anymore. It really is not worth the stress and such over a game. I know i paid my $60.00 for it but a game like Battlefield and CoD are games we all play to enjoy over a long period of time. It all comes down to being patient. But that is something that most people don't have anymore

Edited by pwn S4uc3

to say we all knew that 3 million people pre-ordered battlefield 3 and they had a open beta that had no server issues makes me wonder why the release of the actual game sees the servers shit

i know its ea but like i said no server problems with the beta and they knew how many ordered the damn game

tried for 30 minutes earlier and couldnt get 1 game and then theres the insert disc 1 see it aint working insert disc 2 to play campaign is slightly annoying

Huh? There were a ton of server issues with the beta. Beta was down for a solid week.

I loved that in linking to CGPsaint's thread, the first thing people see is the statement "EA, fix your shit". That gave me a good chuckle, summarizes the general feeling rather well I think. :woop:

I LOLed. :D

I have the PS3 version and have not had a single problem in multiplayer.

Are the PS3 and 360 users running on the same servers, and if so, does anyone know the stats for the number of users for both consoles?

So let me get this straight... We should just overlook this issue because it's EA ? That seems to be the bottom line everyone is implying, which is a ridiculous one at best.

Servers failing on one of the biggest releases this year is inexcusable, whether it be EA, Acti or your friendly neighbourhood shit-developer.

This. This. This. I release that the first day means that there will be an enormous number of people hopping on to the game for the first time, but didn't EA "stress test" their servers during the beta? Why does EA constantly only provide the minimum when it comes to servers instead of planning for more and adjusting down as needed instead of struggling to catch up when the game surpasses their expectations. Have some faith in DICE and pull your own weight by making sure that the servers can handle the number of users.

@ pwn S4uc3, I love your Profile Pic. I'm a huge supporter of German National Soccer and I try to catch as many Bayern Munich and Kaiserslautern 1FCK matches.

I have a few friends that have this on the ps3 and have played it a few times on that system myself. While the xbox 360 version seems to be really struggling (though I had a good 2-3 hr experience yesterday), the ps3 really does not seem to have many problems. Servers have stayed online for the most part.