Cyber Space Well Locations

Hayden

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that it HAS TO BE PLAYED ON CAMPAIGN!!!! not going to co-op, or going to the Aesir in single player and 'replaying' a mission. You have to get to all 18 wells as you would naturally progressing through the first time playing campaign.

My story (short n sweet):

My stats screen said that I had 17 wells. I 'replayed' the helheim level and found the last one I was missing. It registered in my stats, but no achievement. I went to actual campaign mode (I was at the end of world serpent, so no big deal) and when I got to the Helheim well that I recently got (#18), went into it and BAM achievement popped.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the guide but I have the 18 in the guide but still no achievement. I have done NONE of them in co-op, it was all by myself. So I do not know what is going on

Exactly the same thing. I got 18 wells, and I have only played thru the campaign,never loading through Aesir and never going on co-op. WTF?

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read I think the problem is that only one well in the tree count even though there are 3 or 4 more there. They all count towards your number of wells (which allow for you to have more than 20 but not unlock the achievement) but only one of them counts towards the actual achievement (not sure if it is a specific one of them or just activating any counts for it)

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd mention that I do not have this achievement, and I'm sporting 34 wells in my stats screen. I was under the impression that in campaign mode, I could use the Aesir transport to go back and get any missed wells.

I've gone thru the guide twice, and visited the World Tree, attempting the method of visiting it in hopes of having it pop up there. The basic gist I'm getting reading all of the replies here and from other boards, is that you have to start the game, and nail all the wells from start to finish. Which, if true, is just another complaint for me to tack on to the game.

This game should be an easy 1000, extremely tedious, but straight forward 1000. But its overall general wonkiness has finally defeated me if I have to add on 7-8 hours for 10 points

On my first play through after I beat hod, I got the cutscene but I immediately was sent to the giant tree place in aesir after it finished. Is this some sort of glitch? I will try again when I start up a new character but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I did something wrong.

On my first play through after I beat hod, I got the cutscene but I immediately was sent to the giant tree place in aesir after it finished. Is this some sort of glitch? I will try again when I start up a new character but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I did something wrong.

I'm pretty sure that's normal, and it shouldn't affect your ability to get the achievement if that's what you're concerned about. Please correct my assumption if I was wrong...

I noticed everyone has a different experience with this one. Most say it has to be done in Campaign and to be sure you should probably do it that way but I finished Campaign with 18 wells and then in REPLAY I activated the one I was missing at the begining of IF. Achievement Unlocked.

Very bugged all around it seems.

I can confirm that it HAS TO BE PLAYED ON CAMPAIGN!!!! not going to co-op, or going to the Aesir in single player and 'replaying' a mission. You have to get to all 18 wells as you would naturally progressing through the first time playing campaign.

My story (short n sweet):

My stats screen said that I had 17 wells. I 'replayed' the helheim level and found the last one I was missing. It registered in my stats, but no achievement. I went to actual campaign mode (I was at the end of world serpent, so no big deal) and when I got to the Helheim well that I recently got (#18), went into it and BAM achievement popped.

so i have to start a new game? wat advice would you give me. i have 16 wells. i've already completed the game, and you stated it cannot be done in co op or replay mission.

• 2 months later...

so i have to start a new game? wat advice would you give me. i have 16 wells. i've already completed the game, and you stated it cannot be done in co op or replay mission.

right then, i played through with my first character but mixed campaign with co-op - 20 wells and no achievement, so i did it again, this time i played through one level at a time in order and hey presto - 18 wells and achievement. Big thanks to Hayden for the guide - i was missing the second from last well on Helheim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno about 24, but I have 23 and no achievement. I probably need to make a new character and just follow this guide, since I've tried replaying and had no luck.

BTW: The other wells people have found are the ones through the world tree, once you get all your powers you can go through 4 doors and activate more wells. Not good for much besides gathering lots of runes, but still pretty neat.

• 3 weeks later...

I just hit up all the wells in this guide, single player, with my new created commando.

Just did the 5 in Helhiem or however you spell it.

Currently says I have 19 wells activated, yet no achievement.

I did hit the world tree, will try doing it again after I beat the game and end up back at home base and see if that changes anything.

This achievemtn clearly has strict perameters, and if you ask me some that havnt been identified. I followed this guide to the letter, and no achievement. To the people bitching about how accurate the guide is, there will always be differences in how the player writing the guide did it and how you do it, it's unavoidable. Clearly some of the methods match the perameters and others don't. Shit happens.

It'd better for everyone and just accepted this, then you could start offering helpful suggestions rather than flying off on one.

Neither am I saying the guide is wrong, so don't get that twisted either.

I can confirm that going through in co-op will not activate the wells for the achievement counter, and neither will replaying the level from aesir in single player. Im not contradicting Hayden, as I am certain it was correct at the time of posting if he confirmed it himself.

I went through on SP the well I collected in SP level select, and the achievement popped.

I found every well in single player, but maybe the fact that everything I continued the campaign my character had changed due to some online play it reset the wells. Once i finish the last two unstoppables I will play straight through campaign without any co-op play. My friend had the same issue and he replayed the single player with no co-o time and it unlocked on that play through.