A method that works

TpYourHouse

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
You must have done something wrong, because it worked for me just last month and I got both achievements when I beat the game!

I followed the stated method to the letter, and got Seriously Good at This. I did the same for Brass Balls and did not get the achievement, in spite of repeated attempts and after trying several variations.

Thus, the method only works for some-and a method which only works for some isn't much of a method at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok this still works i started an new game easy.got to fontaine and follow the video to the letter and got the achievement.

just in case i didint die but like many others the option to turn on or off the vita chamber didint appear even if i had the free dlc on my xbox you wont get the achievement unless you have the vita chamber option if u are having problem with the vita chamber i followed the instruction on this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=162005

i followed everything and when i went to my account the option was there i followed the video to the letter and got my achievement.

Edited by AssassinGnome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still for the life of me cannot get this to ping. I even tried turning the game to Hard on proving grounds, playing through and going to the save (which was then already on hard), and tried all methods above including a new game with vita chambers off and still no luck.

Can I get any confirmation of an Australian getting this cheevo this way? Maybe its my game itself..

EDIT: Scratch that, just re did it and got both achievements, finally I can put this game away.

Edited by DeadEnd64

• 3 weeks later...

I loaded one of my earlier saves just before the final boss and did it first try. I think those who couldn't get to work must have done something wrong. Literally a single wrong button press can screw up the whole thing.

Anyway, just wanted to confirm that it still works and did for me the other day. And I doubt they're patching it; honestly, if they haven't patched it by this point, then they never will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I only tried this after I was half way through the game, when I had to update the game and the vitachamber disable option was deleted. I restarted on easy, did as the OP said, and got both achievements. It only took me less than 6 hours to play through the whole game taking only the direct path (not searching for extra ammo, or pick-ups)

• 1 month later...
I'm thinking about doing this but I need a little clarification. Can I not die and respawn in a vita-chamber, or not die at all. What I'm saying is am I allowed to reload a previous save when I die?

From what I understand, you just can't die and respawn from a vita-chamber. So if you have them disabled and you die, you just restart from your last save, no harm no foul. This should be how it works but I haven't done this myself so I don't know for sure. Someone should be able to confirm or deny this though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I followed the stated method to the letter, and got Seriously Good at This. I did the same for Brass Balls and did not get the achievement, in spite of repeated attempts and after trying several variations.

Thus, the method only works for some-and a method which only works for some isn't much of a method at all.

Ditto. Followed it to the letter and it's refusing to pop.

Fuck this achievement, i'll stick with my 1000G I guess.