not feeling it....

ajennice

I also forgot to mention the addition of fast traveling in the game. You can fast travel to any place youve visited, and whats even cooler is that if your in a dungeon and you want to fast travel out of there and go get some supplies like health or whatever, you can do that and the game creates a fast travel point on the map from the exact location of where you fast traveled out of the dungeon. So you can fast travel out the dungeon, re up supplies, and then fast travel right back to that exact spot. This only works if your in a dungeon however. If your outside in the world, you can fast travel but there wont be a marker where you fast traveled from, which is not even a big deal

I knew there was fast travel. But this is the first time I've ever seen something like you describe from inside a dungeon. And I play a ton of RPGs. That is a seriously awesome feature. It should definitely be in every RPG from now on until the end of time. All hail Vigil Games. :bow:

I also forgot to mention the addition of fast traveling in the game. You can fast travel to any place youve visited, and whats even cooler is that if your in a dungeon and you want to fast travel out of there and go get some supplies like health or whatever, you can do that and the game creates a fast travel point on the map from the exact location of where you fast traveled out of the dungeon. So you can fast travel out the dungeon, re up supplies, and then fast travel right back to that exact spot. This only works if your in a dungeon however. If your outside in the world, you can fast travel but there wont be a marker where you fast traveled from, which is not even a big deal

That is actually awesome, I've always wanted adventure games to have this. I might have to rethink picking this up was not a big fan of the first, but there was some parts I enjoyed.

Is the merchant still in it? because I hated him.

His voice kind of annoyed me. Don't get me wrong I love almost all of Mark Hamill's voice over work, but there was just something about that guy that annoyed me.

Mark Hamill was the main reason I enjoyed the two Batman games, but here he was the main reason I stopped playing this.

Edited by Kite87

lol can tell its 1.30 in morning here in england my grammar has just gone plus doesnt help drinking for the end of olympics :p but i can understand where your coming from on how he annoyed you but still he is like samael for me just want to see how they get on with death also where can i find these comics ??

His voice kind of annoyed me. Don't get me wrong I love almost all of Mark Hamill's voice over work, but there was just something about that guy that annoyed me.

Mark Hamill was the main reason I enjoyed the two Batman games, but here he was the main reason I stopped playing this.

Vulgrim is voiced by Phil Lamarr. http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Vulgrim

You're thinking of the Watcher. http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/The_Watcher

Hopefully he won't be in the game. I was happy when died. I just wish War had killed him personally. Such an annoying character.

EDIT: I just thought about this. He definitely won't be in the game since he's bound to War during the events of this game. It takes place at the same time as the events of Darksiders 1. And Death isn't bound to a sprite. Dust (his companion crow) serves the role of giving tips on where to go in the environment instead.

lol can tell its 1.30 in morning here in england my grammar has just gone plus doesnt help drinking for the end of olympics :p but i can understand where your coming from on how he annoyed you but still he is like samael for me just want to see how they get on with death also where can i find these comics ??

You can buy the comics online or I assume at a comic shop. You can probably find scans of them online somewhere. I just read the synopsis off the wiki. I'll try to link it if I can find the page.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the book that prequels Darksiders 2.

http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/The_Abomination_Vault

UPDATE 2: Here is the one comic. There are others. At least 2 in fact. But I can't seem to find them right now. I'll update again if I find them for you.

http://darksiderscomic.blogspot.com/ (It's in reverse order btw.) Here's the comic in a YouTube video. Up the quality to be able to read it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3IRIboG6bM]Darksiders Comic HD - YouTube[/ame]

UPDATE 3: Here you go. They cost $0.99 each.

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/2265.darksiders-ii-deaths-door-1/

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/2334.darksiders-ii-deaths-door-2/

A plot synopsis from the wiki:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Death's Door

At one point in time, Abaddon asked Death to destroy a rogue demon that had made its way to Earth. As such an invasion signified a disruption of the Balance, Death agreed. As his scythe, Harvester, required the permission of the Council to act and this excursion was not sanctioned by the Council, the Horseman made his way to the demon merchant Vulgrim in search of an alternative weapon. Vulgrim demanded an exotic fee for such an unusual request, the tongue of the Leviathan.

Death traveled to the River Styx, a river containing wrathful souls lost between the Three Kingdoms and the Well of Souls, where the Leviathan resided. He plunged his arm into the river to allow the creature to get his scent, heedless of the hate filled souls grasping at him. When the creature arose, he did battle with it and it soon attempted to swallow him. Instead, Death beheaded the creature from within and brought it crashing through the roof of Vulgrim's store, demanding his weapon as he pried open it's mouth.

Death then went in search of a being known as The Horsemaster, the very being that had helped the Four Horseman gain their steeds. After bantering about Death's current mission and The Horsemaster's recollection of Death being the rash Horseman when the four had come to him so long ago, he agreed to provide Death with a Serpent Hole to travel to Earth. As he did so, he left Death with a parting warning: that should the Charred Council discover this illegal action it might be the Earth that suffers.

SPOILERS END

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

lol no trust me theres no way this game would give anyone a problem on normal. Hardest might be a good challenge but normal is a little too easy

im a newb to darksiders, and have looked through the achievements, but i did not fully understand the details, so....

is there an achievement for new game plus (i hope not, beating a game once is good enough for me), Is there an achievement that requires pointless grinding (kinda like max levels) and finally, what is the hardest difficulty achievement and is it unlocked right away? (i prefer starting on the hardest difficulty right away, am i going to get slaughtered being absolutely new to this game?)

Edited by i fist brown i

yea your going to need at least 2 playthroughs to get to level 30, which can be done on NG+. and you can start on the hardest difficulty needed for the achievement

you think it'll be 2 full playthroughs, or a very short part of a 2nd playthrough?

Nothing i hate more than beating a game twice after already having beat it on the hardest difficulty (as dumb as that may sound). I could probably ask you 100 more questions about how this game works, but i'll let it be.

you think it'll be 2 full playthroughs, or a very short part of a 2nd playthrough?

Nothing i hate more than beating a game twice after already having beat it on the hardest difficulty (as dumb as that may sound). I could probably ask you 100 more questions about how this game works, but i'll let it be.

eemm Id say two full playthroughs because you stop earning XP from low level guys when you get too high level

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
lol no trust me theres no way this game would give anyone a problem on normal. Hardest might be a good challenge but normal is a little too easy

Unless one tries to fight the four legendary monsters right when you get the ability to fight them. That ice king one hit killed me today lol.