Avoid This Game

Oinkness

It's been said before and I'll say it again, the guy who posted this was obviously trolling. All this is doing now is bumping up a troll thread that is best left forgotten. Stop posting here and let the stupid troll thread die already, we all know this game is awesome and the OP has a bad opinion of it, it's been said over 3 pages now. There is nothing new to add anymore, so just please. LET. IT. DIE.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people have already constructed great arguments, but I had to put in my piece because this is a great game. It builds on the now tired foundation of Zelda games with a fresh and interesting approach and is deserving of any action/adventure fan's time.

In response to the OP:

Dated graphics - Alright, it doesn't look like Gears of War, but the environments are huge, detailed, have practically no load time whatsoever and you're often fighting dozens of enemies at a time with little or no slow-down. That's no small feat.

Repetitive, uninspired gameplay - Not quite. This game contains exploration and collection elements of Metroid, dungeons ala The Legend of Zelda and combat based on God of War with nods to Devil May Cry. Not to mention the game continually shifts pace pace with the flying section, shooter sections and more.

Unbalanced combat - The combat becomes sameish after 30-40 hours, but in no way is it unbalanced. Any enemy can be blocked, dodged or countered with correct timing. The game gives you the opportunity to learn enemy movements by facing one on its own and then adding others to the mix. The weapons have specific functions aswell, the sword is great for ploughing through a tough enemy and aerial combat while the secondary weapons aid in crowd control.

Lack of creativity - Just walk through the different settings and look at the characters. The artwork is great. Andin terms of mechanics, what game is truly new? Most FPS's are the same mechanics with different scenery and a unique gimmick such as bullet time. This game doesn't hide the fact it has borrowed ideas from others, but the developers chose some brilliant games to emulate and combined them into something that works.

Bad checkpoint / save system - You can save whenever you like. It autosaves every time you enter another area. Don't bitch because it sends you back to the beginning of a fight.

Clunky controls - Occasionally War doesn't block or you miss a platform. Sometimes it's a little confusing as to what you should press because he has about 5 million actions. And what? In a game that does so much, a missed jump here and there means nothing.

Engine lag - Have you seen the size of the game? With little or no load time. I think it earns the right to slow down for a couple of seconds once every few hours. And the platforming isn't a problem, simply adapt to it.

Broken dodge/block system - Noob.

You have to load a game to refill your health - I would imagine it's an intentional idea so you actually use your health items and fight defensively. Other games in the genre do precisely the same, why should it be such an issue here?

I think i played through all hack&slash games that were released the past years (i havent played Nier yet) and i in my opinion Darksiders is in the Top 3 next to NGII and Bayonetta... hell it was damn fun and the Zelda genre mix in was brilliant..the story was refreshing and something new and i actually cared about it

Repetitive...oh i love this word, of course THIS game is repetetive but every game is hell u cant change the gameplay every 2 minutes that would be ridicilous...but i bet youre one of the Halo and CoD Players that say "ooooh this game is soo good, its so much fun online" of course FPS are never repetetive, NEVER...

And besides in my opinion Dantes Inferno wasnt as good, the story, graphics was nice but the gameplay was a cheap broken NGII fake, but maybe im too sensetive because the NGII gameplay response was godlike it never betrays you, when you are making a mistake you gonna feel it!

Im done.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Oinkness

- Dated graphics - Might be abit, nevertheless, it's still a good looking game.

- Repetitive, uninspired gameplay - As "uninspiring" as any hack'n'slash gameplay I would say. This is really how the genre is. If you don't like it, you know what to do.

- Unbalanced combat

- Lack of creativity (unoriginal game)

- Bad checkpoint / saving system This I don't understand. You can save at any point and checkpoints are regular.

- Extremely clunky controls - I've heard ppl complaining about controls, but I have no problem with em.

- Engine lag (you will often walk off every platform you try to jump from due to the engine's latency) - If you often walk of every platform you try to jump from you need to work on you're timing ;)

- Broken dodge / block system - The block system could have been better, but the dodge is ok.

- You have to load a game to refill your health - What's wrong with this?

My score: 3/10

The game is almost unplayable. It's plagued with issues, is not fun, and seems like an unfinished product. Try it or buy it at your own risk, not recommended.

-----------------

Really can't understand things as "the game is almost unplayable". I really really really really canno't understand it.

I love the game. Really I do. What I didn't like was Bayonetta.

I recommend it!

the guy who posted this is a fuckin retard and couldnt tell a good game from a bad one!!! dante inferno was not that good it was decent, how you say this game is so bad and dante is great is beyond me but if you got a problem with a game please do not post this game is bad stay away cause your god awful taste may not be the same as others, FYI dantes inferno graphics were not that good Darksiders is a 100x better

the guy who posted this is a fuckin retard and couldnt tell a good game from a bad one!!! dante inferno was not that good it was decent, how you say this game is so bad and dante is great is beyond me but if you got a problem with a game please do not post this game is bad stay away cause your god awful taste may not be the same as others, FYI dantes inferno graphics were not that good Darksiders is a 100x better

Woah! My eyes are bleeding! :eek:

I feel most of the OP's points are valid, but then it all comes down to perspective. Did those issues really damper my experience with Darksiders? Not really; those are all small issues (based upon perspective and the extent of each problem) for a solid game. I would give it a 7 or 7.5.

I just bought this game and hope the OP is just clueless...

I've been wanting to play this and just hope it's awesome.

As has already been mentioned MANY times in this thread, the OP was trolling, trying to incite a flame war by tearing down an excellent game. Don't be put off by what he said, Darksiders is a magnificent game.

It's a one of the worst games i played on 360. Very annoying gameplay and frustrating puzzles and bosses. Maybe i am complete newbie, but i cant defeat Tiamat after 50+ attempts.

Afraid you can't really comment on the frustrating puzzles and bosses when you're still on the first one. :)

As for getting past Tiamat, it depends on which stage you're at, but either way the Crossblade is your way to victory. First stage grab a bomb growth when she stops moving, throw it at her, then target a flame and the bomb then let the Crossblade fly, that should be all for stage one. Stage two you mainly need to keep away and use fully charged Crossblade shots until she collapses, then go full power and lay into her, then keep back and use the Crossblade again. Should get you through. :)

Afraid you can't really comment on the frustrating puzzles and bosses when you're still on the first one. :)

As for getting past Tiamat, it depends on which stage you're at, but either way the Crossblade is your way to victory. First stage grab a bomb growth when she stops moving, throw it at her, then target a flame and the bomb then let the Crossblade fly, that should be all for stage one. Stage two you mainly need to keep away and use fully charged Crossblade shots until she collapses, then go full power and lay into her, then keep back and use the Crossblade again. Should get you through. :)

I did it today on my 2nd serious attempt. I watched a youtube video and then I tried it myself. Got to 1 hit to die before I got her out of the sky but after I kept dodging at the right moments and did most attacks with the Crossblade. I only did a little sword attack when I know I could and I dodged away after very fast. And yes I was playing on Apocalyptic. Just know when to do which move which shouldn't be too hard since Tiamat doesn't got much moves. Goodluck.

cool...I didnt read everything, so Im glad to hear that.

It's a one of the worst games i played on 360. Very annoying gameplay and frustrating puzzles and bosses. Maybe i am complete newbie, but i cant defeat Tiamat after 50+ attempts.

The OP and El Stupido are both way off. Read my reply on the breakdown of the game. It's an excellent game that's fairly easy to pick up and solve. It's a really easy 1000 points to boot.

I've only really just started, not far into it at all but I think I have a pretty good idea of the game so far. It's scraping an 8 out of 10 for me.

I'm not feeling the Zelda vibe to it yet and I am a huge fan. Although I have yet to get the horse. If anything it just feels like it's ripping Zelda off and doing a bad job of it.

The story seems somewhat absurd and the combat is slightly repetitive but I haven't wanted to stop yet.