Ancel working with small team on Beyond Good & Evil 2

QuiCkz AleX

Earlier this month, Ubisoft assured fans that Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel was still with the company, and still toiling away at the sequel to the beloved action adventure game. Ancel himself emerged at the Montpellier in Game conference, detailing the development a bit.

Ancel told attendees that he's working on a 3D version of the toolkit being used to make Rayman Origins. "It takes a bit longer," he said, "but we're very keen to use this system with this game, because it's an ambitious game and we want to create something exceptional."

Another factor that is stretching out development time: "On this game, we're keeping the team small," he said, "to preserve creativity and so the game doesn't become a commercial product, so that it has soul." This also has the added benefit of keeping the budget low, limiting the chance that Ubisoft will cancel it. Unfortunately, it also limits the chance that Ubisoft execs will know it exists.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/25/ancel-working-with-small-team-on-beyond-good-and-evil-2/

• 1 month later...

I keep watching the supposedly leaked footage of BG&E2 gameplay. All I can say is, I really really hope that its legit. It looks amazing, and it was released over a year ago. Ubisoft, please do not cancel this. I dont care if it takes another 2 years to come out (a lie, i hope it comes out real soon), as long as it does.

• 3 months later...

A VERY underrated game. I'm glad to hear that BG&E HD will come out sometime soon. Though I still have my Game Cube copy I'd gladly support this game ( aka voting with my dollar ). Hopefully Micro$oft will do some justice and help advertise it on LIVE to possibly bring in a bigger audience. As a bonus... 200 more MS points ^_^. Take your time Ancel but please at least have a playable/video demo available at PAX this year!!!