Great Legend Shemp Howard's Guide to the Wanted Achievement!

rdowdy95

That is absolutely correct, thanks for bothering explaining it, even though I had actually realised that after several boosting sessions. Just as you said, the touchdown is a lifesaver for the hoster who otherwise will 99% die when dropping off (even if only one of the guys don't come down), the guys on the bridge of the boat of course have to be dealt with to reduce the chances of getting shot while doing the other stuff on the bridge. I'm not sure it's correct about the first 8 guys, since from my experience they get despawned as mr. "Mister Petrovich told me you wouud need thiz. Gud lack" lands his chopper, and I'm fairly sure that I've never seen any green-shirted guys out of the boat (usually, when it happens that some of them are down, they are just those guys who come down whith the touchdown). Clearing everything is better, basically, I was pointing out that it's not necessary for the glitch to work, but sure, highly recommended. I'd say that the only thing to know to perform the glitch are the places where not to go (upstairs and past a couple of windows) and the part when the first sniper is spawned. Other than that, whatever is fine and the glitch will work. I don't want to sound thankless to Shemp, but said like this it would have been simpler than 5 videos of uploading ^^ The videos help a lot the most though. At the end I'm shooting the two snipers, as hoster; ammos run out quick, but money are earnt quick as well.

Edited by Starlight126

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of trying this out right now. We just finished our first run (and waiting on the second for a bit), and came across some problems. We did everything up until where you flush out all the guys from the kitchen. That was fine. Then the two snipers came out. I think we screwed here because we just killed them and continued on. What exactly should we do here? Is the only thing we did wrong is that the host has to aim up, aim down, kill the guy and look away?

EDIT: Alright we got this now. The snipers are respawning. It seems like doing that look up thing is crucial.

Edited by MotleyPriest111

80hours???
Yea, more or less. That's Wanted only though. This method can provide more if the joiner is particularry good at shooting, but for some reasons I still have to understand, it's not easy to pull off a decent rate such as 2k/min (which is still 40 hours of course). Anyway, as I wrote previously there's no fixed rate, no fixed time. Plus, you have to consider both the roles on it, and hoster is not potentially as fast as the joiner. The basic maths of it are easy, but the whole stuff is not so easy to coordinate for good.

And actually I don't know how much difference can make 40 hours or 80 hours. Sure you say, it's twice as much. But after a while you start losing the feeling of time on it.

It's quite adviceable not to make any plans on time, such as "this week I will end with 1M, the next with 2.5, then in three weeks I'll have the achievement" because they will only piss you off the most. Play, play, play, play; someday you'll be at your 4.9M, and that's time to say "today I will end this shit".

P.S. I'd be more concerned of AWP if I were you. And also if I were me, and that's my current problem, since AWP races are just terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone would like to come into a game with me and i'll do a walk though for you i'll be more than happy to help anyone out. I was lucky enough to be taught by turtle shemp in game on how to do this a while back. I've just got 200,000k to unlock tonight and i'm done with wanted :)

So if anyone needs a run though send us a message on live and i'll see what we organise :)

hey, question about this if anyone has noticed it as well. I had the fortune of boosting with someone that preferred to be the hoster and we boosted a few mill doing this glitch. However, a few times we were boosting I was disconnected from the game (while somehow still being connected to Xbox LIVE). This always happened to me and NOT my friend who was hosting.... so i was wondering has anyone else noticed that only the joiner gets disconnected if someone DOES get disconnected during the game? or is it just me being paranoid?

hey, question about this if anyone has noticed it as well. I had the fortune of boosting with someone that preferred to be the hoster and we boosted a few mill doing this glitch. However, a few times we were boosting I was disconnected from the game (while somehow still being connected to Xbox LIVE). This always happened to me and NOT my friend who was hosting.... so i was wondering has anyone else noticed that only the joiner gets disconnected if someone DOES get disconnected during the game? or is it just me being paranoid?

Can be glitchy sometimes. Once, I was in a middle of a boosting session and all of a sudden my screen went black and the next thing I saw was that I was put in a random deathmatch lobby!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a boosting partner for getting the Wanted achievement. I'm trying to do it with the Shemp Howard technique. I would prefer a partner who would be willing to host since I might mess up with the precedure. I'm at $2 million right now. We'll see how far we get in one sit through and continue on from there if needed. If I get it first, I'll stick around to help you get too and hope you'll do the same. I prefer someone who lives in EST time so it makes it easier for the times to coincide but it doesnt really matter as long as we're both on at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so here's my problem. I've been doing this for the past week now and me and my buddy thought of this bright idea, what if I used my second xbox to host the game and let my other account and my buddy stay upstairs and get all the kills? Thing is, we got it working but the spawn upstairs was all fucked up and it wasn't going as fast as we thought. Could anyone shed some light n this as to why this was happening?... when I say the spawns were all fuckd up I mean they were spawning in wierd places and when they did spawn correctly they would run in wierd paths (or circles) and not go where they were sopposed to.