Short linear games

cjdavies

I have signed up for a 3 week trial on Boomerang to rent games, then cancel.

I only wanted to rent Specs Ops The Line and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, but have to at least 5 games so also added Gears of War Judgement, 007 Legends and Captain America.

To keep up with 5 games once they send one out, and be on the safe side it's a short linear game, any recommendations for others that are decent? i have no interest in achievements.

Tomb Raider is pretty straight forward, it's a quick but excellent experience if you aren't concerning yourself with achievements.

Also the Crysis games, either Bad Company game because the campaigns are great, Resident Evil 5 can be beaten in under 3 hours.

It would be easier to narrow it down if you were a bit more specific on what kinds of games you like.

Tomb Raider is pretty straight forward, it's a quick but excellent experience if you aren't concerning yourself with achievements.

Also the Crysis games, either Bad Company game because the campaigns are great, Resident Evil 5 can be beaten in under 3 hours.

It would be easier to narrow it down if you were a bit more specific on what kinds of games you like.

I'm into shooter and stealth.

I enjoy sandbox games, but would buy these as you can explore and do other things.

Most FPS games have short Campaigns, further indicating FPS developers don't care about them and only see them as a necessary evil and/or an 8-hour introduction to the game mechanics before they can let you loose in multiplayer. As far as non-shooters go, there is a ton of fun to be had in Dishonored regardless of play style. Another game that clocks in at both insanely quick and an easy 1000 is King Kong. 6 hours for the 1000, simple as that. Some fun can actually be had if you get a handle on the controls and intricacies of the game. Slightly less linear but no less fun if you open your mind to them are the first Harry Potter games on the 360, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince. Relatively easy 1000's as well.

Thanks all, I have now added Dishonoured (did hear this this was very short gameplay), Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tomb Raider.

I love the Gears of War horde MP only, so that is why I want to rent instead of buying.

With all these games on the 3 week trial, I'm only allowed 3 in total (one at a time at home) even if I have a week left. May have to do another trail, different card, different address (parents). Just to keep me busy until GTA5, which I just realised I'm off for a week from work the week after it's out :woop:

Thanks all, I have now added Dishonoured (did hear this this was very short gameplay), Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tomb Raider.

I love the Gears of War horde MP only, so that is why I want to rent instead of buying.

With all these games on the 3 week trial, I'm only allowed 3 in total (one at a time at home) even if I have a week left. May have to do another trail, different card, different address (parents). Just to keep me busy until GTA5, which I just realised I'm off for a week from work the week after it's out :woop:

Have fun with 'em! Dishonored is a lot of fun and there's so many ways to approach each level. Same thing for Blacklist but it's very, very short. COOP is fun though! Tomb Raider has a fantastic Single Player.