Any ideas??

demon00uk

Sorry for all the posts, anyways Microsoft said its on R*, they have to patch it. Idk why R* updated their otherwise hopeful support article with such useless information. Keep pressuring R* and hoping something actually does happen I guess? I just hope they aren't looking further into it and wanting Microsoft to do something about it rather than fixing it themselves...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk, the person responding to my support ticket is proving to be no help at all or even listening to what I'm saying, it's very strange. I filed a "Mouth off Rockstar" report and told them about it. Here's to hoping them saying "its being looked into" actually means they're doing something other than sitting around. That's the notion I've gotten from them so far. Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and support team.

So the problem is that some achievements from certain map DLC's won't unlock? That's sad. I mean Rockstar just released a patch trying to fix that glitch in multiplayer. They now need another patch to fix this, that's really depressing.

If you earned the Early Adopter achievement pre-list update, and recovered your GT (you had to because it didn't count) it is now impossible to unlock.

Well after they had the tech support page update (Saying to contact Microsoft) I sent them one last, third ticket. It blatantly told them the situation we were all in; how Microsoft didn't help and how R* support sent us there, and MS sent us to R*. Anyway I got a nice response, as follows

Rockstar Games, Nov 29 04:48 pm (EST):

Hi,

Don't worry, this is not a generic advice response. :)

We are aware of that xbox360achievements.org thread and we have several tickets claiming Early Adopter will not unlock at all if it was unlocked prior to when people claim the achievement list was updated on Microsoft's end.

Our advice to contact Xbox Live support was based on the fact that we at Rockstar Games do not have access to players' Xbox Live Gamertags to unlock achievements manually. These unlocks come from the game directly at the time when the criteria are met, and in all of our recent tests (which may not be a simulation of the actual issue if there was a delay in the achievements showing up as available on Xbox), Early Adopter unlocked properly.

We have added the following line to the article: "We are continuing to look into this on our end as well to see if we can detect anything wrong, and if so, what we might be able to do to help resolve the issue if it is possible on our side."

Hope that clears things up!

Customer Experience Manager

R*

So there. It may be a matter where it's just out of their hands; it does seen like this is a Microsoft fuckup. I did suggest that maybe a stat-wipe would help us out, but I'm no techie. I don't know what they'd have to do to wipe specific users' stats. We'll see.

Oh yeah, I'd linked this thread to the new ticket and a previous one. That's why the response mentioned it.

Edited by The Bum-Mobile

And I got a quick response to my response

Rockstar Games, Nov 29 06:10 pm (EST):

Hi,

Thanks for understanding and sorry for the confusion. The database team has been alerted to the issue. Even though this does sound like an issue on Xbox Live's side if the achievements weren't updated when people were already getting the unlocks, we would definitely help if we had an easy way to just reset that one achievement in stats. Unfortunately, since this scenario was an unforeseen possibility, there isn't any way for Support agents to reset just that. Nevertheless, we are reviewing how this unlocks specifically and what options may exist to help out.

Cheers,

R*

It unfortunately seems to be an issue for Microsoft, who're obviously much harder to reach in this sense die to their size compared to Rockstar. Bottom line is we should appreciate Rockstar's dialogue with us on the issue, and acknowledge that you can't always get a definitive response from the support team.

Ive never heard of Microsoft been able to manually add achievements to your gamertag.. that seems abit wrong? and if rockstar cant patch this i think it will just stay unobtainable.. i dont even know how they would patch it besides reseting your stats which i doubt they would do anyway. they cant go back in time and experiment whats wrong..

Has anyone picked up the new DLC? I heard the cheevos have not been updated properly, again. Was just wondering if there have been any changes to Eaely Adopter unlocking or at least am update.

check your profile on xbox.com

that is the best way to see if achievements are update. if they are no on there, the will not unlock properly because they unlock only on your xbox and have no place to go on live.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...