Broken Save System?

morris69

I have no idea what is going on.

Last night I was in online co op, the host left and I tried to save my game in slot 1. Said it did all that but the next day there is no progress.

Also in single player, my save game option is blanked out. The only way I can see I have done the 1st level is by going to the multiplayer option and actually selecting it.

Can anyone tell me if this is a game problem or If I seem to be doing something wrong?

I've lost all my progress today!! Never had any issues previously! Lost all my skill trees too!!! Fuck this shit I want my 1200 points back!!

Spent hours building that stuff up!!!

I don't know what's worse, losing progress or never being able to have any? Haha, it's so annoying.

you had any luck getting your game sorted? i frightened to play it incase it all messes up again!!

I wouldn't touch it as mine just ISN'T working.

great game. the save is not broken when u play online inorder to save if its not ur game u have to quit then choose to save in a different slot

It isn't working for me and various other people, so I'd classify it as broken. My single player doesn't save, my online play doesn't save and it just doesn't work AT all.

same problem here. execpt i bought the game on my sons xbox on xmas day. then when i went home and tried to play it, i cannot save.

i did but it on my gamertag and never had a problem before playing games as long as i am signed in.

my save slot is also blanked out. i thought maybe there was a problem because i didnt buy it on my console.

hopefully they can fix this soon. trine2 is a great game!

UPDATE!! OK GUYS i found a fix! at least it worked for me, hopefully it will work for you guys too!

i just went into storage>memory and deleted the existing save file. then when i fired up the game, i was able to save and the save spot was not blacked out anymore. ENJOY!

Edited by redbeard_nj
update

Hate to sound obvious - and I appreciate you may have lost progress - but have you tried starting again (deleting your old save)?

I don't even have a save to start with, I literally cannot create one.

same problem here. execpt i bought the game on my sons xbox on xmas day. then when i went home and tried to play it, i cannot save.

i did but it on my gamertag and never had a problem before playing games as long as i am signed in.

my save slot is also blanked out. i thought maybe there was a problem because i didnt buy it on my console.

hopefully they can fix this soon. trine2 is a great game!

UPDATE!! OK GUYS i found a fix! at least it worked for me, hopefully it will work for you guys too!

i just went into storage>memory and deleted the existing save file. then when i fired up the game, i was able to save and the save spot was not blacked out anymore. ENJOY!

I can't even make a save so I don't know how to fix my issue :( Cheers for the advice though!

Does the developer know of this problem and are they working on an update? Both I and à friend cant save the game. It won't make à save..... Never had à game that has such à big "bug" didn't they test this game?

Pretty pissed I cant play this game in my holiday because of this..

I think I know why people can't save. I had the same problem, and I think it has to do with on which console you bought the game.

I have 3 xboxes and thr game only lets me save on the xbox I bought the game on. Which shitty enough is my old console at my parents house, where I was with christmas when I bought the game. At my home console I can't save the game. Only on the xbox I bought the game on will it let me save :confused:

So bad luck if you have more then one console, like me. I guess this is the problem everyone has that can't save.

This is total bullshit. They obviously didn't account for the people that have more then one console. This is the first game I come across that does this like this :mad:

Thank you Frozenbyte for this stupid ass shit!

I bought mine through the Xbox Live Marketplace on Xbox.com and it doesn't allow me to save on my console either. Briefly it worked once and allowed me to save after transferring my licenses I think, but soon enough it went back to being broken.

Doesn't seem to be much talk about it on the official Frozenbyte forums either.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, Joel from Frozenbyte here - sorry about this issue, if you are still experiencing it (and most likely you are), please get in touch with our support at http://frozenbyte.com/contact . The save system is not broken for 99,9% of users however there seems to be a peculiar case with some Slim consoles whereby the Storage Device selection is not available at all. We're not yet sure what's causing this but we'll be trying to figure it out...

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont believe it, i have actually solved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres what i did:

tried the game after several months to see if it had been patched finally. NOPE. And like before i had no option to save and the level progress got lost after you quit the game.

Then I transfered all my licenses to my xbox (look in your xbox preferences) and tried the game again afterwards... nothing had changed, still not working.

So I gave it a last chance before I move the game file onto usb and burn it to ashes. I deleted and redownloaded it.

The day after I started it up and

NOW ITS ACTUALLY WORKING!!!! Unbelievable, i know^^