audio issues.

bok249

The voices tend to be lower then the action.

I am in-game and checked options and was surprised there is no audio option...unless it's only changable at main menu.

I use PC speakers via Auxillary in port where I have a splitter combining my PS3/360 audio coming into the one input jack.

If I have 1 system off and 1 system on the audio gets muffled until I unplug either channel jack from the off system.

If this was causing your game to be so muffled the voices are inaudible however I think you would have noticed this happening in ALL your games.

Only thing I can think of from personal experience.

After playing the game more I'm noticing the bad voices is related to bad 3D sound design.

During extended chatter moments with the kid, docter, dispatch girl (keep forgetting her name) if your facing a certain direction you hear them loud and clear but when you spin away from them their voice drops to nothing almost.

Basically...they tried making the sound come from the source and be realistic and it really just causes it to be horrible and doesn't properly gauge distance at all.

I didn't get to hear much of anything by way of voice chat my first playthrough because my cat broke my Turtle Beaches on Monday and didn't get my new ones until today (4 month old daughter is a light sleeper). I really couldn't believe that there wasn't a way to adjust the audio.

Today I even noticed that my gunfire would randomly become silent to me and one person I was playing with had it happening at the same time, and there wasn't anyone talking in the background, I noticed it happened when someone was talking before but today it just did it on its own.

Yeah I've had the same issues. During my playthrough with my friend, the audio just...stopped. Like my friend had played the first three missions without me, so he knew what was supposed to happen...and the part where you push the cart in the animal enclosure thinggy, a dude is supposed to talk...well, dude wasnt talking, no matter where we walked.

I really wish there was a feature that was "Turn subtitles on." I usually play my games with subtitles because, well, I don't wanna turn it up loud aanndd I don't want my mom yelling at me cause its loud lol. But, yeah. I also have the problem of guns becoming very low sounding. It sucks, but the game is soooo GOOD!

• 1 year later...

what no audio control!!!,i usally play most my games with the music off so i can proper lock into it so i was shocked to find this asnt got no audio section,i think this is the 1st game i played where i cud'nt controlled the music...BTW the music sucked aswell!!!POOR