Spartacus: War of the Damned

BiggD

series is just getting more and more epic, cant wait to see finale

Sad to know this is the last Season, but it's been a hell of a show. Last night's episode, Separate Paths, might be my my favorite episode of this Season. Season 1's The Thing in the Pit, Great & Unfortunate Things, and Old Wounds are still the best to date!!

knew he would die, was waiting for it and it was still hard to see. crixus :(

Manu Bennet did an amazing job on portraying Crixus. My favorite character of the series gone, and I found myself speechless at his death. I wish he would have had a more "glorious" one though.

The whole scene was beautiful however...capturing his death through a reflection of Nevia's eyes was perfect. Hats off to the writers.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Edited by BiggD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe how no1 has mentioned that caesar was but raped. hope that little shit dies

Didn't mention it because I hated the writers for including that! Made me hate Tiberious even MORE than I already did. I really hope the little kid gets sent to the afterlife by the end of the next episode!

i cant believe how no1 has mentioned that caesar was but raped. hope that little shit dies

Not sure if this actually follows or has parts of Roman history, but to my knowledge. Doesn't Caesar become king or whatever it is...

Unless this doesn't follow the real history path to an extent, then yeah, he can die!

I think the series is pretty good so far! The final fight will be awesome! Can't wait to see how they'll defend with that massive barricade in the way!

Not sure if this actually follows or has parts of Roman history, but to my knowledge. Doesn't Caesar become king or whatever it is...

Unless this doesn't follow the real history path to an extent, then yeah, he can die!

I think the series is pretty good so far! The final fight will be awesome! Can't wait to see how they'll defend with that massive barricade in the way!

caesar becomes emperor i think but the power overall is split between caesar, crassus and pompey.

also this is following history quite well, im guessing ur still abit behind when they have just seen the massive barricade, your about 2 episodes behind i think

caesar becomes emperor i think but the power overall is split between caesar, crassus and pompey.

also this is following history quite well, im guessing ur still abit behind when they have just seen the massive barricade, your about 2 episodes behind i think

Yeah, I think Caesar becomes Emperor while splitting power between the men.

They're following history almost perfectly, with just some twists here and there and changing names of certain key characters (like Aggron).

And yeah I think you're a few episodes behind! This season just keeps getting better and better!

Yeah, I think Caesar becomes Emperor while splitting power between the men.

They're following history almost perfectly, with just some twists here and there and changing names of certain key characters (like Aggron).

And yeah I think you're a few episodes behind! This season just keeps getting better and better!

after research, at the start caesar, crassus and pompey split the power, after crassus dies, caesar wages some illegal war and basically that cements him as overall ruler, the emperor. thats where the roman republic ends and the days of the roman empire starts.

ye i think theyve just changed a few names to fit the series but basically followed it exactly.

i was really umming and arghing about which way they were going to end the series, whether they go historical accuracy or appease the fans. im really glad they have stuck to history. but we must remember that spartacus body was never actually found according to historians etc (plutarch). so maybe there will yet be a twist. cannot wait for final 2 episodes

...after crassus dies, caesar wages some illegal war and basically that cements him as overall ruler, the emperor. thats where the roman republic ends and the days of the roman empire starts.

i was really umming and arghing about which way they were going to end the series, whether they go historical accuracy or appease the fans. im really glad they have stuck to history. but we must remember that spartacus body was never actually found according to historians etc (plutarch). so maybe there will yet be a twist. cannot wait for final 2 episodes

A spinoff show with Caesar would be awesome now that you mention him becoming emperor, but DeKnight is already working on another Sci-Fi show :( And yeah, I like how they're staying historically accurate and after knowing about Spartacus' fate before even watching this series, I think they'll surprise us with a nice twist in the final episode. I'm eager to see how Spartacus reacts to his fallen brothers.

I have the series set to record on my SKY box, so I'll probably be a little behind due to other people downloading. I do have the latest episode from last night to watch though.

I never actually watched the first series, so I need really go back and watch that!

:eek::eek::eek: Watch it ASAP and report back here for major discussion! Season 1: Blood and Sand is by far the best in the series. Just everything about it (Andy Whitfield & John Hannah are fucking amazing). Season 2: Vengeance is good but ehh, it's my least favorite because Glaber is poorly developed in my opinion.

Guest Scotty

only just noticed this threads existence. i rarely venture into off-topic.

anyway, are we allowed to post spoilers in here. i need to cry in someone's arms about the latest episode:(

Guest Scotty

^^Nice!

[spoiler=123456]how dare that little shit take a sword to my precious Crixus' neck! Wonder what they'll do with Naevia. they'll probably keep her and taunt Spartacus with her, while doing unspeakable things, to the poor woman.

i hate Crassus' son too. not even gonna bother looking his name up, he ain't worth it. i like Caesar though, although he's a baddy, he's the first non-female roman i actually like. i think he looked better with the long hair and goatie situation, going on. Cute little ass, too:p

and you bet your ass i have IMDB open to look up the spelling of everyones name.

Edited by Scotty

^^Nice!

[spoiler=123456]how dare that little shit take a sword to my precious Crixus' neck! Wonder what they'll do with Naevia. they'll probably keep her and taunt Spartacus with her, while doing unspeakable things, to the poor woman.

i hate Crassus' son too. not even gonna bother looking his name up, he ain't worth it. i like Caesar though, although he's a baddy, he's the first non-female roman i actually like. i think he looked better with the long hair and goatie situation, going on. Cute little ass, too:p

and you bet your ass i have IMDB open to look up the spelling of everyones name.

Don't worry bro, I almost cried when:

[spoiler=400]Crixus got impaled by that little shit eating Roman! He was my favorite character on the show damnit!!! I hate Tiberius (though the dude's a good actor for having me hate him) yet the scene was beautiful how Crixus accepted death and just stared at Neiva.

Oh, and I think she might be pregnant :eek:

Nah man! Casear looks good clean shaven, although his rugged look wasn't too bad. I like the actor that plays him, good choice by DeKnight!

And apparently this Friday is a marathon for people to "catch up" ... so looks like we need to wait another week to see what happens :( Thought the preview show Tiberius getting his ass OWNED.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, great episode! nice to have that arena throwback. a shame the series finale is next week

Yeah those arena scenes really brought back the great mood and vibe from Blood and Sand. I can't wait for the finale, despite it being the end of the series, I know it'll be great.

I was so upset when Crixus died because of Tiberius. It not only brought a tear to my eye, seeing him beheaded in front of Naevia, but it totally bummed me out the next day. I was happy to see Tiberius meet his deserved end.

Me too, but I was really disappointed Kore was the one who killed him, and not Naevia. But Season/Series Finale this Friday. I AM SO PUMPED! Than DaVinci's Demons premieres!

Guest Scotty
Me too, but I was really disappointed Kore was the one who killed him, and not Naevia. But Season/Series Finale this Friday. I AM SO PUMPED!

Can't wait too! is this just this seasons finale, or is it the end of the entire program? or does no-one know. judging by history, i can't see how they will get another season out of it.

they should do a spin off for Caesar, keeping all the way the fight scenes are done and everything. he is the only roman i've liked so far.

Guest Scotty
it'll be the last of the series. no more spartacus. and they've been thinking about doing a caesar spin off

I hope they do a Caesar spin off then. That'd be sweet.