Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Postmodernmartyr

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the support and nice comments :)

It's getting close to time to submit and I would love for any and everyone to give it a reread and give some corrections and additions...

Also, if any of you were playing this during the free gold weekend and got completely devastated by Denver, I'm sorry :nana! I don't have a mic, but hearing some people's death cries were hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all. Perhaps I am missing something on the "From Downtown" achievement. I have played multiple games where all I do is shoot 3's and it didnt unlock. Then I shot one 3 pointer and made it, then missed the next on purpose to have a 50% ratio...no unlock. Can someone explain this? It seems to me that it is pretty straight forward, however, it isn't unlocking.

Thanks!

Good day all. Perhaps I am missing something on the "From Downtown" achievement. I have played multiple games where all I do is shoot 3's and it didnt unlock. Then I shot one 3 pointer and made it, then missed the next on purpose to have a 50% ratio...no unlock. Can someone explain this? It seems to me that it is pretty straight forward, however, it isn't unlocking.

Thanks!

If you have three controllers put two of them for the opposite team. What you want to do is split up all the points have something like 6 points for you and 6 points for your teammate. Just make sure you ONLY shoot threes. Your points from three must be half of your teams total score.

awesome guide! really helping me!

i'm only having one problem so far, and that's the "no push" trick for a 2vs2 game. i'm running up and down the right side right after getting the ball, but eventually they will still run in and push me if i hold on too long. am i missing something? or was it perhaps fixed/changed with the title update?

either way, thanks again for the great guide!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat the campaign with 3 different division teams in the west coast...why would the challenge and achievement not unlock???

and i just played black ops and the veteran achievements are not unlocking either, but the misc. ones are.... anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by nappster187

• 2 months later...
Not sure what needs to be done for the double and treble up cheevos. Can sum1 explain please. Not clear in cheevo guide.

You have to score twice or 3Xs the score of your opponent.

Example...YOU: 50, your opponent: 25 (for the double up achieve).

It doesn't have to be an exact double or triple, btw.

You have to score twice or 3Xs the score of your opponent.

Example...YOU: 50, your opponent: 25 (for the double up achieve).

It doesn't have to be an exact double or triple, btw.

Ah now I get it thanks. Any tips on best v worst teams to pick?

Iron will won't unlock 4 me iv tried it twice now with alley oop dunks on smash mode. Tried it with one player on each side does one team have to be all CPU?

Plus burning won't unlock either? Any tips please?

Ah now I get it thanks. Any tips on best v worst teams to pick?

Iron will won't unlock 4 me iv tried it twice now with alley oop dunks on smash mode. Tried it with one player on each side does one team have to be all CPU?

Plus burning won't unlock either? Any tips please?

For double and triple, I don't particularly think the teams matter...just got to "play now" and turn off the shot clock. When you have the ball, just run away from the defenders and shoot at the last second...you should win 6-2 or something like that. Set quarter clock to the lowest time setting too.

For Iron, you need to be in a 2v2 game, I believe.

Burning, just hit 5 shots in a row while on fire (the same player). The net will show back up once you do. So basically, you have to have a player hit 8 shots in a row (3 to get on fire and 5 to get the achieve).

Thanks burning nor iron will still won't unlock for me how'd you guys get it done? Iv tried a handful of times now on smash mode vs. CPU and alley oop the final dunk to my player. I'm going up 4 the jump pressing pass to receive the ball slamming it down breaking the glass but no cheevo. Duz turbo have to b pressed? Or even does ur team mate have to do the dunk and u pass for the ally oop? Is there a button to press to make ur teamate go up for the jump?

Burning-can it be done with 2 pads or has to be against CPU?

For Iron, don't play smash mode...it won't work. Play a normal game vs computer. Also, make sure the player you are controlling does the dunk. Just play a normal game with a character with a large dunk rating (Dwight Howard, eg). Dunk every time you can in the 1st 3 quarters then, in the 4th quarter...just jump to get an alley oop.

Burning shouldn't be a problem at all. It may work with 2 pads but it should happen with some regularity in a normal game.

Edited by JLogan27

Thanks got this now online 2v2 with 3 ppl. Just alley oop like mad in the 4th quarter got it with gasol. Tried loads of times b4 with 2 pads and garnett and rondo but even he dunks. Tried with Howard also and all of his team mates love to damn dunk also. Think being on fire helps also.

• 1 month later...

I think the guide is good, especially for your first one ever. However, in the roadmap, I think 7/10 difficulty is way too high. The game is time consuming, but that really doesn't equate directly to difficulty. The time estimation is also too high. 35 - 40 hours for the classic campaigns, even counting 10 hours for remix & another 10 for online (both high estimations too) you'd be looking at 60 hours absolute max.

Edited by Park Diesel