Reaper Festival with Code Giveaway every Saturday

LeMansFahrer

For ALL players that still enjoy Judgment or for players that need the Medal and Skins, there is a Reaper Festival every Saturday.

Starts at: 12 PST - 3 EST - 8pm GMT

It´s a FUN event where everyone can join and have the pleasure playing against up to 5 Reapers. If anyone needs the Medal and does not get it while playing a FFA and TDM he can stay in the lobby until he has it (that has not happened yet LOL). We do code giveaways during the matches and on the Live Stream after the event. Check out the Epic Forum Thread for more details on how easy it is to join (just message me), watch videos from past events or read some comments of players that had the pleasure of playing with us.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/968168-Reaper-FESTIVAL-with-LIVE-STREAM-Code-Giveaway-Saturday-September-14

Hope to see and meet everyone to have some fun

Playing against 5 reapers... hum :confused: The only thing interesting would be to get the medal for the ones not having it and again... tell me the fun in that?

Unless the reapers are EXTREMELY garbage, there no chance to win for the other team, not at all. The reaper thing is just WAY TOO OVERPOWER. Its like a cheat code or something... Imagine playing a fighting game online against an opponent that got double damage, double life bar and you start with 50% of your health... Wow.. so fun...

Anyway i hope this reaper non sense don't come back next GOW, or at least they give an equal chance to everybody to be it. (For exemple log xxx hours of gameplay and you can be it for 1 week)

Cause right now the only way you can be one is to go kiss epic's ass at there forum... so NO THANKS for me. Playing there game online for hundred of hours should be enough

If you enjoy competition that you can't get from regular players then Yes this will be fun. That wasn't an insult, Just because it's harder to kill Reapers. I might actually put the game in and give it a shot.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks buddy, this is a fun event, no competition, just a challenge and big satisfaction knowing you killed ??? many Reapers :woop:

The Reapers are not harder to kill than any other character, only it´s speed (dodge movement) makes him harder to hit. Just don´t get too close to a Reaper because of the one hit melee, but if he misses he is a sitting duck. Long range or no melee distance he is dead in no time like any other character as well.

Thanks buddy, this is a fun event, no competition, just a challenge and big satisfaction knowing you killed ??? many Reapers :woop:

The Reapers are not harder to kill than any other character, only it´s speed (dodge movement) makes him harder to hit. Just don´t get too close to a Reaper because of the one hit melee, but if he misses he is a sitting duck. Long range or no melee distance he is dead in no time like any other character as well.

Np. I've played against a couple reapers and have done well. It's Just fun in general because of thereally speed and damage output. I can imagine going against a group of 5! ;)

Reapers take much more punishement than other characters, for exemple 1 nade stuck on them is not enough to kill them...

You can't go with your gnasher against them either, unless you take them in the back by surprise, since he kill you just by touching you.

All you can do is play lancer or markza and yeah altough i can enjoy this style in a regular game, i don't see myself just doing that against reaper everywhere.

No seriously the reaper is just way OP, and Carnage i saw you a couple time online, your good, but not godly, when we played against you and your buddy we won more than we lost. I remember the RAW team. Not like regular players are not a challenge ;) thats what i mean. In any case, all im saying is you can't beat a team of 5 reapers unless you have extremely good players playing vs extremely craptastic reapers...

In any case if you guys have fun doing that, go ahead, knock yourself out, im just giving my opinion on this.

Reapers take much more punishement than other characters, for exemple 1 nade stuck on them is not enough to kill them...

You can't go with your gnasher against them either, unless you take them in the back by surprise, since he kill you just by touching you.

Sorry dude, I don´t want to start a big discussion here, just want to clear some things up.

You are not telling the truth here, you "nade stuck on them" and that Reaper is DEAD. "You can´t go with your gnasher" bull... you kill a Reaper with one shot like anyone else as well.

You have been moaning about the Reaper everywhere and everytime you can, I think you are scared of him because you can´t win. I have been a Reaper for a long time and have played a big amount of games, that´s why I know how quickly he dies. He has soooo many weak points that makes him the easiest victim on the map if you don´t come to close to him.

Anyway just to clear this up, you can moan as much as you want, I am not going to comment on it to prevent arguments. The Reaper Festival has been done for players that enjoy playing, not players that want to win

I saw reaper survive a nade tagged. And for the shotgun, yeah he can die but the fact that he just TOUCH you and you die instantly just make hand to hand a suicide.

You have been moaning about the Reaper everywhere and everytime you can, I think you are scared of him because you can´t win.

Yes because thats a fact, well in TDM it all depend on the teamates tough, ONE may be beatable if your teamates are good and his garbage. But its a huge advantage to have a reaper, the character is just extremely OP thats it.

I have been a Reaper for a long time and have played a big amount of games

And thats my biggest complain about this. Why somebody can have it for so long, and therefore boost his stats like crazy(because lets face it, he got a freaking huge advantage) just because he kiss epic's ass on there forum, when fans that play this game religiously since the first game can't have a go just because they refuse to do so. Going there begging to get it ain't my style and i think anyway the mods are aholes. I gave my opinion on stuff i didn't like, like a lot of people, got banned for it, when in the end it was patched... LOL who was right... I like GOW, but Epic has always had that mentality that everything they do is godly and they can never be wrong... Thats it until the fans speak in numbers and they have to realize they where wrong.

Anyway , Reapers should be awareded for having played a certain number of hours, or having reach a certain level and should NEVER be more than a week... Even there... give me a week of Reaper and i destroy everything and finish the week probably with 1500 kills or more, and a win loss of 95%... (i already have a 3 for 1 win loss ratio with regular characters...)

Edited by Destro

No seriously the reaper is just way OP, and Carnage i saw you a couple time online, your good, but not godly, when we played against you and your buddy we won more than we lost.

Awww snap, shit's getting real now! He's definitely going to challenge you to a 1v1 360 no-scope battle, Destro.

As for the Reaper event, could care less. I only play the game once a week (or try to in hopes that Epic can actually update events properly). I can handle not having the Reaper medal and skin, and won't lose sleep over it. However, it is still appreciated for you to post it here OP.

And Destro, I know it has probably been said a million times, but stats aren't very meaningful in this game. Hell, what happened to the days where online games were just about hopping on and playing, giving no shits about stats? I've basically given up on competitive multiplayer at this point, due to crappy experience/leveling systems and leaderboards being thrown into every game now. Oh well, I've enjoyed being a singleplayer/co-op gamer much more than being a competitive gamer. Much less frustration :p

Edited by a fat turkey

Awww snap, shit's getting real now! He's definitely going to challenge you to a 1v1 360 no-scope battle, Destro.

As for the Reaper event, could care less. I only play the game once a week (or try to in hopes that Epic can actually update events properly). I can handle not having the Reaper medal and skin, and won't lose sleep over it. However, it is still appreciated for you to post it here OP.

And Destro, I know it has probably been said a million times, but stats aren't very meaningful in this game. Hell, what happened to the days where online games were just about hopping on and playing, giving no shits about stats? I've basically given up on competitive multiplayer at this point, due to crappy experience/leveling systems and leaderboards being thrown into every game now. Oh well, I've enjoyed being a singleplayer/co-op gamer much more than being a competitive gamer. Much less frustration :p

Lol well obviously it wasn't me since he only called me "good"! Jk I remember.

But seriously I feel what all of you are saying. The game is by far the worst Gears period. I defended the shit out of this game at the beginning but now I can't. It's terrible.... well we don't need another bitching thread so I'll stop.

Anyways I do think it's a cool what these guys are doing who regularly play and enjoy the game. Yes the reapers are overpowered but they die the same way as anyone else does. You Just need to play smart and have some skill...

And Destro, I know it has probably been said a million times, but stats aren't very meaningful in this game. Hell, what happened to the days where online games were just about hopping on and playing, giving no shits about stats?

They still matter for the one playing... of course you can boost them, cheat them in a way... by playing all the time against bot and such, but if you are a real player and you enjoy playing the game, then your stats matter. They do for me because GOW is my online game since 2006. I like COD too but its a come and go... i really played only the Black Ops a lot, i still like the MW serie but not to play it a lot online, and i care less about my stats, but GOW since 2006 played so much. I was disapointed they introduced quick match, hate it since it was made... it should had remain PUBLIC/Private only. Or do like GOW1... public ok, but no stats... trust me lots of people would had go rank instead of public.

I do agree with you leaderboards sometimes are a pain, but its fun to track your stats and progress, especially when your good at the game. Im all for a public chilling mode, but then let it be what its supose to be... no stats and for fun. Problem is with GOW since the third game, they put stats in public quick matches, so everybody go there and rank is either full of full teams ready to destroy you, or just plain empty like it is on judgement... No shit man, we where 5 yesterday, so we decided hey why not rank a little bit, since quick match would just give us bot games... been forever since i played with a team of 5. TDM rank was empty... ZERO peoples... We had to go in execution... and even tough i always loved execution from GOW1 to 3, i feel exept checkout(obviously) the maps are shit for execution in this game...

We managed to do 2 games... (but oh god that took time to load a game) and we won the 2 but really by the skin of our teeths... both game 5-4, i won the first one in the last round 1 vs 3 i got to admit it gave me an adrenalin rush that i didn't felt since a long time... and second game... after 3 draws we won again 5-4.

Overall it was fun, hard as hell but fun... but we could do 2 games in like an hour and a half... at least it pays in XP...

Well where i was going? Oh yeah... everybody play QM so therefore those stats mean something...

Of course when games don't put them, as long as your just "ok" its all fine. Rainbow six vegas 2, played a lot, never had stats(barely did a couple rank games for achievements) and FEAR... no win loss, no kill death, just points in leaderboard. Still had a lot of fun, but i was not a die hard fan of those games like GOW...

When there is a leaderboard, people want to perform and keep there stats high... unless there bad. Look at Halo, not even in game leaderboad, but on the website... and just because of that, i could never really got in this game... cause i am not too good. Of course since i became pretty good at COD BO2 and GOW i don't have the same satisfaction playing when i feel im not too good, but still... stats do drag me down when i look at my Halo 4 stats and realize i can barely maintain a 1.0 KD...

But thats me, not everybody is like that tough...

If i don't perform in a game, i usually don't play long, cause i find no interest... im a competitive online gamer...

As for Solo campaign and all, yeah there fun on ocasion, sometimes a game is so great i LOVE playing it like Skyrim... but im more of an online guy, thats why my achievements have rise way slower in the past 4 years than in the first 3 or so...

But seriously I feel what all of you are saying. The game is by far the worst Gears period. I defended the shit out of this game at the beginning but now I can't. It's terrible....

No, sorry I have to disagree with you.

I'm an ex-eSports player and my team won the very first GoW LAN tournament in the world. Just so you can get an idea of how long I've been following Gears. Then moving onto referee and admin Gears tournaments at LAN.

I've seen Gears fall into the gutter with GoW2, how inconsistent it was online to how fluid it was on LAN (yet didn't make it to LAN due to how terrible it was and the boycott in eSports).

Gears 3 was a return to form but online was too inconsistent and heavily relied on internet connections, host etc. Creating juggernauts and sponges alike which split the Gears community most definitely in the EU.

When Judgment was announced that it wouldn't be developed by Epic and instead a third party, I turned my head away, much like Epic appeared to me (my personal opinion) to turn their head away. The demo was released and I checked it out, I wasn't impressed with the change of the grenade button and tac-com, the weapon swapping and obviously, Overrun.

I decided against it even though trying to like it. My close friend and team mate from GoW told me how he was enjoying it and that yes it's changed, it is so much better than Gears 3, I struggled to believe it. Months went by and we continued playing Gears 3.

Intriguing me with stories of how the garbage we encountered on number 3 was rare on Judgment, how it is consistent and people to die when you shoot them.

So I was on the hunt and thought why not, if I can get it cheap (only way I was getting it due to not being impressed by the demo, but swayed enough by my friend to invest in it). I picked it up none the less and to my surprise, I regret not getting this day one.

Judgment is by far more enjoyable.

People actually drop now. Sponges are rare and the gnasher is no longer a slot machine of cringe and luck.

It takes more skill to play Judgment then Gears 2 and 3 combined.

I am thankful as Gears is now enjoyable again like Gears 1 was.

I read tons of people complaining about Judgment and all I can say to that now is; you must have been one of those juggernoobs who wouldn't die and believed they were skilled when in fact that entire time it was your internet connection doing you a favour and not delivering the data. An unfair advantage which you deny and don't know how to fix even if the signs were there asking you to fix it.

And just to prove a point. Recently players have said they have strict NAT's when asked (people in party) after witnessing the enemy team put half a clip of gnasher in them. After my ex-team mate would never die online yet on LAN failed miserably, guess what? He had a strict and fluctuating moderate NAT. I can go on and on.

Anyway, I disagree with you, it is not the worst Gears by a long shot, Gears 2 is the worst, then Gears 3 (as much as I wanted to like it), Judgment, then Gears 1.

End.

Judgment is ok, not as bad as people want to put it here. I have fun playing it, but its way under GOW3 for sure. There was no host in GOW3 unless you couldn't afford the DLC. What you can sponging was mostly because of active reloads and stuff like that. I won't say GOW3 was perfect but it was the most balanced, most skilled game of the bunch. GOW1 still have a special place in my heart cause its the first one, so much i had on this game discovering it then mastering it. But the true fact remain that the game had a lot of problems and it aged badly. When i go back on it for fun these days i can't help but laugh at how sticky the walls are, how my shotgun act so weirdly (feeling of firing only to explode... like the bullet would it a reflecting surface...) and i could go on.

Yet it was there first try, so everthing was always forgivable. I do agree with you on GOW2 being a buggy mess, i would lie if i said i didn't had fun with it too, cause i did, some nights where great, some where not, but overall yeah it was buggy, and the lag was so shit. GOW1 gave you many options to not experience too much lag(you could look at the conection, host your games, play on your friends host etc) when GOW2 just made you jump in any messy laggy games hosted by british, irish or sometimes even australian(that was unplayable)

GOW3 they removed the host, so the game was very smooth and fair, i am not fan of the active reload and im glad its gone for judgment, this i agree, but overall, it felt great and the maps where made to play stratigic and control the high ground. Of course you had to have a good team but again GOW was always about that anyway... in 1 and 2, execution was about securing the power weapon as a team and clearing remaining oposition.

In GOWJ the TDM is not as fun as GOW3, people spawn randomly, sometimes i spawn and start firing at a guy immediately(guy must be piss) the way to win also remove the good ol stand out at the end of a round in GOW3 of being 3 vs 8 lives for exemple. Also the removal of rounds really annoy me as it gives less chances of coming back, plus i hate joining a match that is more than 10 pts difference in progress... in GOW3 you could come back if it was still in round 1.

As for the mechanics of the game, actually unlike you the shotgun still piss me off and more than before. The problem is now its not the lag(servers), its not the active reloads since they where removed... so whats the excuse? Its still so inconsistant... sometimes 3 good bullets right in the chest at close range don't work but 2 bullets from far kill me... Plus i hate that the bullets comes out of the in screen target instead of the gun itself... like in previous GOW.

But the main problem is really the grenades... i never liked wall tags, always hated them really... but i would take them back anytime before that shitty nade in GOWJ. I hate that everybody spawn with one, i hate that they stick on you when they see fit, no matter if there far or close, i hate that they stick period... thats so stupid, and i hate how they only work now when somebody is damage unless you stick them... so basically you kill a guy and he drop that shitnade before dying only to make you come with him... a la FEAR1... really bothers me. When you want to use them like normal nade, throw them far on a pack of ennemies... it don't do jack... there just good to drop in fighting. The nades in GOW3 where pretty much perfect in term of damage and spawns... they shouldn't had change them.

Markza, Breachshot are cool tough and its nice having them in the game now. But i despise how the retro was downgraded to shit... and the chainsaw take forever to get up... so much you can't even chainsaw a guy in the back.. the time you start it he will ear it and turn around or jump... Again it was all fine in GOW3, don't fix whats not broken...

Also since the game was release, the melee system really did the yoyo so badly... like they didn't know what they wanted... well most people used the melee a lot at first because how shitty the shotgun was... and the worst is that sometimes i still fire at close range a dude, i think he is nearly dead, i melee only to see him not stun and just blast me off in one shot... WHAT? In GOW3 the melee was shit and useless mostly, but at least it was consistant... you knew to NOT use it unless you had a retro equiped, that was one was super strong.

In any case, yeah i got my grip with judgment but i still like it, like playing it, its a GOW, its still fun, but i do hope the next game goes back to a more GOW3 aproach. Also the numbers don't lie...

Go on GOW3 TDM and you will see 5000 peoples on high traffic hours... go to GOWJ and combine VIP, DLC and normal, you barely get 1500 ... on good nights...

Once im done with the levels, achievements and such... i will probably go back and play more GOW3... but i want to complete this one first, especially before its empty... lol

For ALL players that still enjoy Judgment or for players that need the Medal and Skins, there is a Reaper Festival every Saturday.

Starts at: 12 PST - 3 EST - 8pm GMT

It´s a FUN event where everyone can join and have the pleasure playing against up to 5 Reapers. If anyone needs the Medal and does not get it while playing a FFA and TDM he can stay in the lobby until he has it (that has not happened yet LOL). We do code giveaways during the matches and on the Live Stream after the event. Check out the Epic Forum Thread for more details on how easy it is to join (just message me), watch videos from past events or read some comments of players that had the pleasure of playing with us.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/968168-Reaper-FESTIVAL-with-LIVE-STREAM-Code-Giveaway-Saturday-September-14

Hope to see and meet everyone to have some fun

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll try to be free on Saturday at this time since I've always wanted to get that Reaper medal. Do I just search random lobbies until I find you guys or do you send out invites, or ... uh, how does this work? How do we find you?

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll try to be free on Saturday at this time since I've always wanted to get that Reaper medal. Do I just search random lobbies until I find you guys or do you send out invites, or ... uh, how does this work? How do we find you?

send me a message and I will send an invite when we cycle lobbies. You can also take the link and follow the live stream making it easier for yourself seeing when we do invites. We do Private Matches only

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...