Defeat Story Characters Clarification

Kevin Boleware

I still need the Defeat X story characters part. Have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

1. - I assume that there are not 100 different characters. So can I beat one character multiple times to get this achievement?

2a - I have also heard/read that completing the story mode will reset this number. Can anyone confirm/refute this?

2b - How will I know that I am about to complete the game?

3 - Does beating a story character in vs mode count?

There appears to be a lot of conflicting information in the threads, so I wanted to have a definitive answer in one thread.

1. Yes

2a. Keytta confirmed it HERE.

2b. When the next stage in story mode is "Stairway to the Gods", then you're one match away from finishing the game.

EDIT: 3. No, for the Aura Blade (100 wins) & the Battle Axe (50 wins) you must defeat cepters in story mode.

It's conflicting since it seems results vary from player to player. Impossible you say? I would have agreed before, but then I played Mercenaries 2.

Edited by Wii187

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to confirm if it counts as 2 defeated story mode opponents when you beat a level with 3 players on it? Similarly, when you play a 2v2 level, does it count as 2 defeated opponents or 1 when you win? I wonder how many of those 100 come naturally just from playing the campaign and how many more you need to play.

-Ren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Completing the game does NOT reset how many wins you have. Just make sure you don't start a new game. This may be what is causing people to think it resets the count.
this is true but starting a new game doesnt necessarily reset your count either but it depends on how you start a new game. if you start a brand new game from the title screen, yes it resets. if you load your scepter and start a new game from the cepter menu screen, (ie new game plus, allows you to choose non-human scepters, you keep your cards), it does not reset. i can confirm this because i got my battle axe after my 4th battle in my new game just this morning

• 2 years later...