An awesome underrated game - tips inside

this game rocks, at start I really suffered, boss battles took forever, the 4th stage took me 2.5 hours to do BUT once I got the hang of it, the game became amazing, immersive and requires some tactics (when playing on assassin which i found to be the best challange as the other two are too easy). the driving level is also awesome and great fun!

tips:

1.) mashing x+y is indeed important' but the game didn't flow for me until i started doing the hard hits - holding x or y for a long time. the trick here is to do these hits only after your 3rd hit in a combo has struck home, if the enemy has blocked it don't try a hard hit. the hard hit raises your adrenaline, finishes enemy faster and gives great satisfaction once you nail such a hit.

2.) I have seen a post about "disarming Renard" and how difficult it is, well my advice is to save your adrenaline to the end, to the guys on the stairs before the helicopter, then use "shooting takeout". if anyone wants a more detailed explanation lemme know.

3.) on the pause menu you can see all statistics plus achievements and amount of passports needed for each level and how many were found, took me some time to find the passports info, would have saved me a big mess, it's on the bottom left of pause screen and not in achievements info. apart from that all things you do are connected to your gamer profile and not contained in the save file, thus there will be no glitches, if you miss a passport just look hard, you just missed one, it's not a glitch (take it from me, wasted 4 hours trying to delete saves, read guides, blame the game only to find i missed one). 2 thumbs up for high moon studios for this smart implementation of info and achievements.

and finally, to those who complain about how short the game is, people, don't play it on piss easy difficulty, play on assassin and you'll be rewarded with a challenging and ultimately longer game ;)

Edited by DrizziTx

• 3 weeks later...

Its a pretty cool game. But I gotta say that playing it I feel really boxed in. Like some serious tunel vision, some of the worst of any game. When you are running and your character is in the middle its not so bad. Im getting hung up in a lot of door ways if I try to strafe through them sideways. Also sometimes when you come out of cover he likes to go back in it with out pushing the button. The mini map in the right hand corner kicks butt after playing dragon age with its ass backwards minimap. Thanks for the tips on the barn boss. Hopefully I can beat that timed boss now.

I'm making my way through this awesome game, beeing a huge Jason Bourne fan :)

I must say I didn't think much of it at first glance, but since it was a Bourne product, it's a must-have :p

I really enjoy it and will miss it when it's gone :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Its a pretty cool game. But I gotta say that playing it I feel really boxed in. Like some serious tunel vision, some of the worst of any game. When you are running and your character is in the middle its not so bad. Im getting hung up in a lot of door ways if I try to strafe through them sideways. Also sometimes when you come out of cover he likes to go back in it with out pushing the button. The mini map in the right hand corner kicks butt after playing dragon age with its ass backwards minimap. Thanks for the tips on the barn boss. Hopefully I can beat that timed boss now.

I am through three missions and could not agree with you more. The game is decent, not great. They want to have the controls of Gears of War but did a piss poor job implementing the cover system and the shooting is a bit wonky. I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 thus far.

• 2 months later...
i just got my 1000 today even though i have had it for a little while but i really liked it. great game and loads of fun... i think im going to go and watch the bourne series

lol well if you did 1K it before you watched the movie, I'd say you may as well skip the first movie since this game is basically the entire first movie in video game form (with some extra missions put in to add length to it).

I thought the game was alright for a budget game. My favorite part was obviously the take-downs since it seems like they had like 100+ different animations so it was always cool to see how Bourne would kick the crap out of his opponents using the environment around him. The rest of the game was meh since the shooting was pretty generic and the boss fights were pretty much all the same.

Overall easy game for achievements (although grinding out the 200 kills was pretty tedious) and much like the movies, enjoyable while it lasted but pretty forgettable afterwords.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...