Very Hard = Very Easy?

judd90

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i regretted going on normal first as i tried very hard, and tbh theres no difference seems just as easy. Im gonna have to go through another playthrough anyway for nom juices... missed 1 newsbot, couldnt be bothered wasting ammo on electro flies. But its pretty short anyway, on act 5 and only played it last night, aiming for all skill shots, have 25%,50% but some are hard.

Yo judd you managed to snipe someones balls? everytime i try they turn to dodge making it impossible.,

The best way to get someone in the balls with the sniper rifle is to kick them and when they're suspended in air, no scope them in the balls :D At least, that's how i did it. I had most trouble with the Stinger skillshot where you need to stick an enemy with a drill and then kick him and stick it on another enemy, but i got it eventually.

Yeah i regretted going on normal first as i tried very hard, and tbh theres no difference seems just as easy. Im gonna have to go through another playthrough anyway for nom juices... missed 1 newsbot, couldnt be bothered wasting ammo on electro flies. But its pretty short anyway, on act 5 and only played it last night, aiming for all skill shots, have 25%,50% but some are hard.

Yo judd you managed to snipe someones balls? everytime i try they turn to dodge making it impossible.,

Get a Nom Juice and reload checkpoint ;)

Nah dude I haven't got up to a part with a sniper yet lol.

played the entire game on very hard all the way up to act 7 chap. 1 where u have to jump over the couch n go into that room with the 3 bosses n endless enemies :eek: i could not beat it. after an hr of frustration n deciding it wasn't worth smashing my controller i had to turn the difficulty down :mad: if any1 can post their method for surving this area (weapon selection, strategies) i would be very thankful.

• 1 month later...
played the entire game on very hard all the way up to act 7 chap. 1 where u have to jump over the couch n go into that room with the 3 bosses n endless enemies :eek: i could not beat it. after an hr of frustration n deciding it wasn't worth smashing my controller i had to turn the difficulty down :mad: if any1 can post their method for surving this area (weapon selection, strategies) i would be very thankful.

I used the drill weapon on that part. Got through it pretty easily

From the Prologue to Chapter 6, it is pretty basic. A few stumbling points, but nothing too challenging. I think the final two chapters, and specifically the last two Acts, are difficult. It took me numerous attempts to complete some sections, and as someone else mentioned, the way the enemies change means you have to switch tactics slightly, and that adds to the challenge on Very Hard.

Usually I complete games on the Medium/Normal difficulty first time, but I opted for Very Hard for this game, and it was do-able without much practice. I bought it Friday, completed it yesterday.

Act 7, Chapter 1, room with four bosses. It's the hardest "very hard" segment I've played over the last few years.

I'd have to say that the thumper is your best friend for the harder parts. Unfortunately, I didn't use it at all because I constantly ran out of ammo, and skill points, to buy the thumper ammo.

Glad it's all over.

While I was reading the road map for the it was said start very hard and I was thinking to play the first act on very hard then decides either to continue or change to lower and just finish the game but I was really surprised about the level.

I am still playing the game and will see if the Last Boss is very hard of normal.

That room was evil. Evil evil, even on normal. It took me a few hours of frustration to get through the first time on normal even and was dreading it on Very Hard... but then got through in one go! By the skin of my ass, no ammo and flashing red on the screen....but managed.

Like neeker said, your thumper is your best friend here, make sure it's maxed and loaded as you'll probably use every single one before it's through.

If you take the stairs up and around the room to the little balcony. One of the windows are boarded up at top of the last stairs. This will protect you from lots of enemy fire, one of the only spots for cover in the room.

If you tuck into that spot, most guys don't come up after you but the green turds, occasional pistol guys and a cannonball boss. Everyone else stays more or less on the bottom distracted by Trish and Ishi but will fire on you when you stick your head out.

I used the pistol and shotgun, the charged pistol shot does nice work on bosses, when they're on fire they can't fire back. And the charged shotgun, well we all know how wonderful acid rain is :woop:

The green guys can just be kicked into the wall next to you for voodoo doll as they run up and when the cannonball boss comes thump him or hit him with a charged pistol to set him on fire and use the charged shotgun on him to save a thumper.

Save your thumper for the bosses down on the floor as much as possible unless in a REAL OH FUCK I"M GONNA DIE bind.

I didn't find the Burnout sections to be as horrific as I'd imagined, they always appear around spiked walls and a good kick and they're done, unless being completely swarmed so just keep moving.

Very Hard is only hard because you take damage so much easier, faster deaths, so looking for cover and quick creative kills are mandatory. The enemies themselves aren't any stronger than on normal. It was a better challenge than normal though, some real bitch spots like this room, but otherwise it's quite doable.

Edited by Opiate42

I've never completed a game solo on the hardest difficulty before but I'm going for it on this game. I've got to Act 2 Chapter 2 with very little difficulty. Had to replay the disco miniboss about 3 times, which was the worst part but I think it's workable.

I shall be using the tips here to get through some of the difficult points so cheers for those.

I like the tip for doing it reverse and did consider doing it that way myself as you get given a load of points and can just buy whatever weapons you think are necessary for that section, such as charged boneduster, charged screamer and thumper for the minibosses on Act 7 Chapter 1.

I'm going to try it the normal way first and see how I do, and resort to tactical play if it all goes wrong, I'm confident I can do it right though.