50/100 hours achievement

An Shouji

Hey, I'm wondering if the game counts hours toward this achievement if you leave your character in princedom with the Xbox controller turned off. I've heard some people say that you must have the controller turned on, and some say it doesn't matter, but I'd like to be sure before I leave my Xbox on by itself for any extensive period of time.

The on/off thing applies if the game pauses for the disconnected controller, then time stops. I happened to get this after leaving the console on in the exactamundo stage so I can't be sure if princedom or eternal count. I suspect that they do because I did all three for periods of time probably not 50 hours individually. I used a wired controller the entire time. Sorry I wasn't of more help.

The on/off thing applies if the game pauses for the disconnected controller, then time stops. I happened to get this after leaving the console on in the exactamundo stage so I can't be sure if princedom or eternal count. I suspect that they do because I did all three for periods of time probably not 50 hours individually. I used a wired controller the entire time. Sorry I wasn't of more help.

Okay. But in princedom the game doesn't pause for a disconnected controller, so I'm wondering if that might work? Has anyone gotten the achievement without a wired controller?

Okay. But in princedom the game doesn't pause for a disconnected controller, so I'm wondering if that might work? Has anyone gotten the achievement without a wired controller?

I suppose someone will just have to try it so we all get the final word on whether or not it works. Once my Microsoft points arrive I'm going to buy the "Games on Demand" edition and if nobody figures it out before then I'll start leaving the game in 'Princedom' while I'm at work.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I got the achievement without a wired controller by leaving it on in the Princedom. HOWEVER, the wireless controller will NOT work within a level (on eternal mode) because it will autopause when the controller shuts off. So your best bet is the Princedom

• 5 weeks later...

Confirmed with the 50 hours achievement on a wireless controller. Stayed in the Princedom and turned the controller off, still counted towards play time. Just left the game running overnight multiple nights and 50 hrs showed up... now to 100 :) You do have to complete a level after leaving it on overnight for the achievement to show up.

Just left the game running overnight multiple nights and 50 hrs showed up... now to 100 :) You do have to complete a level after leaving it on overnight for the achievement to show up.

A very important point here at the end, this game only ever seems to award achievements after the completion of a level, so make sure you do a quick level before you turn off your system just in case you did rack up enough time for the 50/100 cheevos

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...