So Robin in free roam?

Drky

Sadly not:

"UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/10/batman-arkham-citys-harley-quinn-dlc-is-what-dlc-should-be?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Sadly not:

"UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/10/batman-arkham-citys-harley-quinn-dlc-is-what-dlc-should-be?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Damn, that's kinda lame.

Sadly not:

Well that REALLY sucks! I was planning on getting this when it came out (or soon thereafter), but if that's the case, it just took a massive step down my DLC priority list. On the bright side though, that means I can possibly get it when it's on sale at some point. :p

I think giving Robin free-roam probably would have been a pointless idea for this DLC; the only reason Catwoman was given free-roam was due to her having her own exclusive free-roam content, i.e. the pink Riddler trophies and the mission where she has to retrieve her stolen goods from Two-Face's henchmen.

In order to make Robin's free-roam worthwhile, they would have to add in even more Riddler trophies, which of course would be incredibly difficult because both Batman's and Catwoman's trophies had already been programmed into the map before release, or they'd have to add in something equally worthwhile; otherwise, it would just come off as a gimmick that would serve little purpose other than about half an hour of fun.

Sadly not:

Damn, would have been neat, although, I suppose you can't get everything you want

I honestly think this was something that happens because of lazy developers. If they allow free roaming, they will have to create new animations for Robin, instead of that, they use what there is already in the game and is less work.

Such a mayor deception, and Nightwing is still challenges exclusive, something that sucks hard times. He´s the first Robin!! At this point he´s a mayor DC character and should be treated as such.

I honestly think this was something that happens because of lazy developers. If they allow free roaming, they will have to create new animations for Robin, instead of that, they use what there is already in the game and is less work.

Such a mayor deception, and Nightwing is still challenges exclusive, something that sucks hard times. He´s the first Robin!! At this point he´s a mayor DC character and should be treated as such.

If they were lazy developers the game wouldn't have gotten game of the year. And what do you think they did with the Challenge maps?... Each character had their own style, gadgets, and moves. They created all that new animation just for that. Use your brain, dude. These developers have more work ethic than all other developers combined. This is Metal Gear caliber development. Your logic is severely flawed.

Biggest thing in the way of making Nightwing and Robin Free Roam characters would be their mode of travel. Way too much work would go into a mode that would serve little purpose. It's a few weeks after the events of the game, I don't think its a stretch to say the only reason Joker's Carnival still exists is because it was the last camp to fall and thus was still putting up a fight when the GCPD would have moved in to start fixing the situation. I think it's safe to say there are no longer thugs in the streets, and that most of the City is under police control, there would be no point, the Riddler is defeated (even if you never finished that section in your particular game, in the game's timeline he has been defeated), so the trophies would be strictly for collecting.

In terms of the game it doesn't make much sense especially when you consider the amount of work it would require to make it possible.

I don't know if it is just your English (I know it is not your first language), but there is nothing deceptive about this information. They never said Robin would be free roam, they never hinted at him being able to free roam.

(Does anyone else think that once you have completed this DLC you should be able to switch to Robin in story mode like you can with Catwoman?)

I can see this is a yes.

I personally think that would be great, I thought The boy wonder was really good to fight with and the DLC was so small. Just to switch and mess around with him for half an hour in Arkham proper would be great.

I understand some people think it would be bad because he has nothing in the story to do but this game is like red dead, you can just play it and do nothing and its fun.

Just flying around and beating thugs up would be good enough for me I like his moves and gadgets, and going to visit Bane and Calendar man and Penquin ect would be good because they would have some unique dialogue.

Then another small DLC like that with Nightwing instead of Robin with the same result so you could eventually use all the characters they have already made for the Riddler's Revenge in the game, for those of us who aren't very good at that sort of thing.

Also Harley was friking awesome in this DLC why the hell wasn't she like this anyway? and don't say "because the joker died" He would have loved her even more if she was this hard and psychotic not some silly little bitch.

Biggest thing in the way of making Nightwing and Robin Free Roam characters would be their mode of travel. Way too much work would go into a mode that would serve little purpose. It's a few weeks after the events of the game, I don't think its a stretch to say the only reason Joker's Carnival still exists is because it was the last camp to fall and thus was still putting up a fight when the GCPD would have moved in to start fixing the situation. I think it's safe to say there are no longer thugs in the streets, and that most of the City is under police control, there would be no point, the Riddler is defeated (even if you never finished that section in your particular game, in the game's timeline he has been defeated), so the trophies would be strictly for collecting.

In terms of the game it doesn't make much sense especially when you consider the amount of work it would require to make it possible.

I don't know if it is just your English (I know it is not your first language), but there is nothing deceptive about this information. They never said Robin would be free roam, they never hinted at him being able to free roam.

To all this I say simply. They are Batman's accomplice's so why would they not just have the grapple upgrade, in their own little style. Robin already has the explosive gel so one more bit of kit couldn't hurt, Batman could give it to them in a cutscene the first time you go to the switch point. Problem solved.

As for "What's the point", It's just more time I can spend having fun with this game I don't need it to do anything I just want to carry on playing this game and this would be a great way for them to implement it.

Not really lazy just more time effecient. If Robin was added in to main story a previous post said it best as "at most a half an hour of fun". Rocksteady I feel made the right choice, they didnt have to include Robin at all and they did make a story for him so that alone is fair enough fan service my friend. I promise Robin will have a bigger role in the next Batman title they release.

• 6 months later...
I think giving Robin free-roam probably would have been a pointless idea for this DLC; the only reason Catwoman was given free-roam was due to her having her own exclusive free-roam content, i.e. the pink Riddler trophies and the mission where she has to retrieve her stolen goods from Two-Face's henchmen.

In order to make Robin's free-roam worthwhile, they would have to add in even more Riddler trophies, which of course would be incredibly difficult because both Batman's and Catwoman's trophies had already been programmed into the map before release, or they'd have to add in something equally worthwhile; otherwise, it would just come off as a gimmick that would serve little purpose other than about half an hour of fun.

On one hand I so not like collectibles in games like the trophies, but I did not mind them as much in Batman AA or AC, because of the things you had to do to get them. It added a challenge to it.

That being said, I realms liked that Batman and Catwoman each had their own to get. So I think I would have liked Robin trophies.

That's all pointless now though given the DLC is outlandish has beendor some time

• 3 months later...
On one hand I so not like collectibles in games like the trophies, but I did not mind them as much in Batman AA or AC, because of the things you had to do to get them. It added a challenge to it.

That being said, I realms liked that Batman and Catwoman each had their own to get. So I think I would have liked Robin trophies.

That's all pointless now though given the DLC is outlandish has beendor some time

Oulandish?

That's outlandish saying that. But fair enough.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...