The absolute worst part of this game is.

Suki

So i finished the game every chest every shard everyhing, and i have about 850 points im at lvl 13 and 23 now i need to get these upto level 21 and 31 which is like another half of the game or more, so what the hell are they thinking?, it is impossible to get this ach for maxing out friendship in the normal game as i killed all monsters plus loads of backtracking killing as well. so now i have to spend what 5-8 hrs or so grinding kills ? just pathetic i really enjoyed this game but did anyone actually check what was involved in maxing friendship. Plus i tried grinding but the enemies in the castle are tough so majin will lose lots of health and i have no fruit to give him. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

i was max for tapeu at the end but saved it at the part with the 4 black pits in the castle it only took 2 hours to boost majins freindship level from 16 to 21 the only acheivment im missing now is to kill 30 enemies with traps and ill have to play it again for the rock glitch. final fantisy was like 90 plus hours for the 1000 why would you complain about 15 to 20 if you want an easy thousand i know of a few

i was max for tapeu at the end but saved it at the part with the 4 black pits in the castle it only took 2 hours to boost majins freindship level from 16 to 21 the only acheivment im missing now is to kill 30 enemies with traps and ill have to play it again for the rock glitch. final fantisy was like 90 plus hours for the 1000 why would you complain about 15 to 20 if you want an easy thousand i know of a few

I don't know what the glitch is, but you can just make use of the game mechanics that respawn most enemies until an area boss is defeated. I found I needed to dash back 2 areas from Potrachi Altar for the rock and the three enemies to respawn, which didn't take very long as the path is quite short. Make sure you take out the maximum number from the 2 wall traps in the Palace Corridor as that gives you a good head start.

You've obviously got the achievements for the elemental finishing moves. Is there a way to tell if these are successful or not? Half the time when I'm trying for a Fire finisher the Majin just seems to use a normal fire attack and then he misses more often than not! :( Full marks to Bandai for getting it right with the in-map treasure display, but I curse all developers who continue to not give us a counters screen for things like combos and finishing moves. They're keeping count anyway for all the achievements so what's the big deal about a simple statistics screen that they can't include it? :mad:

Rant over, any tips on the finishing moves would be greatly appreciated. I notice when I'm trying to do an elemental finish that as soon as I press :rbbut: the :bbut: prompt disappears so maybe I'm missing something. The other annoying thing that happens often is that as soon as I get a full magic bar the Majin decides to use one segment on a standard elemental attack and I have to go back to hacking away!

i didnt play it 4 the easy thousand ive 1000 pointed many games that are 70 hrs+ but when a game has no relpay value or new game + option then it seems odd to make us have to use a save and grind :( not gonna make anyone happy is it.

You get an elemental finishing move by initiating a finisher on an enemy who is stunned by that element. So if the bar is full and you initiate a combo on an enemy stunned by lightning you'll execute a lightning finish. Have to agree with the OP though. I have them all but brave one. I'm grinding the four pool area but damn it's going to take a while.

Rant over, any tips on the finishing moves would be greatly appreciated.

Understanding how elemental finishers should do and buiding good system is key. Personally I was lost when I try to read guides here and there, dunno what to really even do.

Lets take first power, wind and low friendship and beginning of the game. First get one Majins yellow power bar full, located in top left of screen. Get it full by slashing enemies. Second, find group of respawning enemies: I find good place after destroying first scarecrow in Moccoi ruins valley - potrachi altar, in path before stone trap there is five normal enemies standing, after killing those fall back and return, they are there again.

Leave Majin near save totem, go and lure all five enemies to follow you, take them to Majin, order wind attack (RB + power button) to one of enemies (place is small, so they dont spread out), he blows and maybe all five went down and stunned. Start to slash nearest until B appears, press it so you and Monster do combine kill attack, you see your own power bar rising in bottom of screen, repeat fast to one more enemies so Majin cant kill them, all rest should still be stunned in ground. After second kill your power bar should be now full and shining. Slash one more enemy, who is still stunned by wind(!) attack, press B when it appears and you trigger finally wind elemental finisher move, bravo! In best case, rest still stunned enemies are getting killed in same time, so you grab more elemental finisher kills!

Fall back to excavation site (build one Majins power bar full if needed) and return, I use that place to build all powers except purification. Pretty much can go wrong, Majin kills stunned enemies, not enough enemies getting stunned, you wont slash fast enough, but now you hopefully know what to do :woop:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I dont mind the gameplay aspects. It was just their (poor) way of encouraging replay. Better than having to beat it on the hardest unlockable difficulty. What i hate is the dialog. The games a bit darker and complex to let an 8yr old play but the dialog is aimed at like 6yr olds. Its nausiating.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...