Castle Map Pack - 1 April release - pre-release details

UltimateTT66

This is not 'new' information, but thought I'd start gathering info together on the right forum, to save needing to search through old posts...

DUE OUT APRIL 1ST. EDIT now due out April 8th

CASTLE MAP PACK

The Castle Map Pack serves as Halo 4's third and final DLC, and will be released on April 1st, 2013. The DLC includes three maps:

Daybreak

Outcast

Perdition

Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

Art work for the new maps at the link here - original post by lickablelemons7

No new achievements are known of at present, though are expected.

Edited by UltimateTT66

Apologies. I just know I personally have kept wanting to (re)find this info, having forgotten release dates etc, which means trawling back through the forums to find the old threads which had gone quiet and bumped down the lists. It's only a month and a half away until release day!

Edited by UltimateTT66
Damn auto correct on iPad!

Two new forums in two days?? I don't know if I can handle this. Maybe I'm hallucinating all this from the terrible fever I have. I did think I bought a new car this morning and was mad when I couldn't remember where I left the keys.

Edit: Apparently I changed my sig quote too?

I once thought I bought a motorcycle and rode it around town for a week before waking up and realizing only 6 hours had passed...

The forums have been here pretty much since the dlc was announced last year... Just no one had said anything. Even though there was relevant information to be shared on both upcoming dlc...

It was here, but like an estranged, alcoholic grandma, we just pretended it didn't exist and never answered the phone after 5PM.

• 2 weeks later...
Because every time I make up a strangely fitting analogy it comes from some dark part of my life that I like to make jokes about.

Wonder if that's true for these people.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/really-bad-analogies-written-by-high-school-students.jpg

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up."

Wow... I know people like this. I work with a few of them actually.

Arrrgh YOLO save it 4 the Halo 5 forums matey

Yarrr

#BootyHunter

#Pirate4lyfe

#AC IV: Black Flag

Shiver me timbers

Just read that this is now due out on April 8th....

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2254026/halo-4-castle-map-pack-will-come-out-on-8-april

GAMES DEVELOPER 343 Industries will release the third map pack add-on for Halo 4 on 8 April.

That's a month from now, more or less, so you'd better start getting ready for it now. Premium players will find it offered to them on a plate as part of the deluxe version of Halo. Others will be ready for it because they coughed up for the complete map set in advance. The rest of us will have to spring with hard cash, or in this case 800 Xbox points, for it.

The Castle Map Pack has been developed by Certain Affinity and 343 Industries. In it you get three medium to large maps that are well suited to vehicle based battles. You can't argue with that. It sounds very cool indeed.

According to those that issue it, it's a big game, big team player paradise. The three maps are called Daybreak, Outcast and Perdition. In order they are based in a military facility, some natural tunnels, and an urban battleground, respectively.

Points collectors among us will like the fact that the three maps pack includes nine new achievements to grab.

There is a trailer, but you need Silverlight to watch it. What can we say? In the world of games where people shoot at other people on foot or in vehicles this looks like a great little addition.

343 Industries offered some descriptions of what you might do in each map. Daybreak sounds good for organised team play and include Banshees and Warthogs, and the necessary rocket launcher for dispatching them. It should have some appeal for snipers too, so make sure you run and grab that when the match kicks off.

Outcast pits Mantis against Wraiths. If you like that sort of thing, then that is going to be cool. The blurb we got says that team players must stay in contact with each other if they are to prosper, so please try to leave your respective mothers out of any chat.

Perdition is another treat for snipers. But fear not, apparently there is a gravity hammer, and it's always fun to smash some revenge into a cool, well hidden sharpshooter with one of those.

The maps bring new playlists. Steel yourself for six versus six, which will be ideal for gamers with five friends.

Edited by UltimateTT66

It's a little too early to be posting about this DLC, man. I appreciate the the info but this should have waited.

Seriously? They'll be out most likely April 4th or 5th...5 days before the DLC arrives, like the other DLC's.

Come on and stop complaining, you know you are better than that. Having a bad day? Drink a tea and close your eyes, enjoy life. Everything is just fine.