Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Clueless

No, if you're playing it solo then when you die you automatically revert to your last checkpoint. You don't have to pause and select the revert option, it just does it. All you have to do if you're solo is hold onto your one human weapon the whole time. You will likely run out of ammo for it pretty quickly, but that's okay. Just never drop it, even if you pick it right back up. If you accidentally switch it for another weapon that's when you'll have to revert to last save.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I haven't played Halo solo since Halo 3 (and then if was only a couple of levels until my bro-in-law wanted to play them all in co-op), so I wasn't sure if you reverted automatically or need to. Makes sense. Thanks.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLM i think you need to change the information on Moving on up and The challenger.

What you missed out is i done both solo challenges on legendary this weekend that earn good exp, it doesn't need to be multiplayer modes exactly, campaign has a weekly challenge which can happen like this week now so frequently i got the 1st challenge achievement and sr5 rank without playing multiplayer so if you look closely the campaign challenges count also. :) I also don't understand about completing the whole solo legendary achievements either; I done 2 solo missions on legendary i had to play the completed mission on legendary on heroic to get the skull challenge done so i forgot to do that one so i'm not sure if that affects what i have did was either wrong or alright, though i never touched heroic on mission 3 which is i'm currently on, there was no start unlike all halo games but alpha starts which also i'm not sure if it occurs as an error not completing it in solo legendary as i play them by my own anyway cause i dont trust anyone ever.

• 1:05 - Terminal 3 - Mission 4 'Infinity' - Rally Point Bravo

After meeting up with your teammates, there will be a short cutscene and you will spawn inside a ship. Just turn around and the terminal will be directly behind you.

Your Rally point is wrong, Alpha is the one you need to start at, Bravo is far beyond that point. :D

Edit: NVM I'M JUST DUMB LOL!! :biglaugh

Good thing I went through the whole level instead of just turning around when starting...lmao.

Edited by Gackt

From the way this reads, it implies you need to kill both Hunters with the same Sticky Detonator round. I can confirm you can kill the Hunters separately with the Sticky Detonator and still unlock the achievement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciWovVyv3Hg]Halo 4 - Mission 7 Composer - Give Him The Stick Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Midnight Launch 20

Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.

Campaign Mission 2 'Requiem' specific. Can be obtained on Easy+.

Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

Be the driver/passenger/gunner in a Warthog and achieve significant air when your console time is at 12:00 am.

Only Driver gets it, just did this with 3 people and only I got the achievement, gunner and the passenger did not.

I believe it is worth noting that the Midnight Launch achievement may unlock a few seconds after landing, as it did for me. I was about to throw a fit, or my controller, when it did not pop "in midair" as noted in the guide. Usually not a big deal but given the time sensitive nature of this achievement (one minute window) I feel it is an important point lest someone reload checkpoint in their haste and miss it.

DLM i think you need to change the information on Moving on up and The challenger.

I fixed the Challenger

This too:

On Xbox.com, it says "In mission 5, steal a Wraith and use it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or harder." Not "hijack". People might think that it's similar to hijacking a Ghost or something and try to do it that way, making it more complicated than it should be.

Why the discrepancy with achievement descriptions on here? It's like that for a lot of them...

Just noticed this! The guide shell was created in August, and since then there have been some description changes and achievement modifications. I will def change them to reflect the xbox.com ones. Thank you for pointing this out!

Halo 4 - Mission 7 Composer - Give Him The Stick Achievement - YouTube

Added the video! Perfect! Cheers for the contribution! ;)

Hey thank for put me in achievements guide.

:biglaugh Anytime! You were like the first member to play Spartan Ops. You helped tremendously.

Absolutely amazing! Love the addition of the button presses! I dare say this is darn near idiot proof!

I'm a visual learner, and I'm making the guide so that others like me should have no problem sorting through it. Cheers!

Only Driver gets it, just did this with 3 people and only I got the achievement, gunner and the passenger did not.

Added your helpful info Gackt. Makes no sense as to why only one should get it... everyone was air borne at 12am. :(

I believe it is worth noting that the Midnight Launch achievement may unlock a few seconds after landing, as it did for me. I was about to throw a fit, or my controller, when it did not pop "in midair" as noted in the guide. Usually not a big deal but given the time sensitive nature of this achievement (one minute window) I feel it is an important point lest someone reload checkpoint in their haste and miss it.

I agree, added your info. :D

I fixed the Challenger

Just noticed this! The guide shell was created in August, and since then there have been some description changes and achievement modifications. I will def change them to reflect the xbox.com ones. Thank you for pointing this out!

Added the video! Perfect! Cheers for the contribution! ;)

:biglaugh Anytime! You were like the first member to play Spartan Ops. You helped tremendously.

I'm a visual learner, and I'm making the guide so that others like me should have no problem sorting through it. Cheers!

Added your helpful info Gackt. Makes no sense as to why only one should get it... everyone was air borne at 12am. :(

I agree, added your info. :D

Yeah it is cool. :) :D

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14771 This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20 :gsicon:

Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 3 'Forerunner' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

You start out with 2 UNSC weapons

• Assalt Rifle
  • Magnum Pistol

Pick one of the two to carry with you until the Mission ends. It is ok if you run out of Ammo on the UNSC weapon. - It is NOT ok if you drop it - 'Revert to last Save' is you accidentally drop it.

Note: If playing on Heroic Cooperatively, you mustn't die. You will not be respawned with a UNSC weapon. Your best bet is to play this one Solo or Safe if Co-op.

Dos this mean for this one. We just have to have at least one USNC weapon us at all times or do you we have to carry one in our hands the whole mission.

OR

Can I have a magnum in my pocket and pickup and use any weapon I want.

For the Chief, Smash! achievement, are you able to find a better video? It cuts out halfway through :(

Sorry about that, will search for one.

Good Guide. I would recommend to readers to Attain the solo Sp Op mission on Sniper Alley. You can let them come to you alot and break lines of sight easier. IMO

I agree! Much easier & shorter then attempting the first Solo Spartan Ops Legendary

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14771 This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20 :gsicon:

Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 3 'Forerunner' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

You start out with 2 UNSC weapons

• Assalt Rifle
  • Magnum Pistol

Pick one of the two to carry with you until the Mission ends. It is ok if you run out of Ammo on the UNSC weapon. - It is NOT ok if you drop it - 'Revert to last Save' is you accidentally drop it.

Note: If playing on Heroic Cooperatively, you mustn't die. You will not be respawned with a UNSC weapon. Your best bet is to play this one Solo or Safe if Co-op.

Dos this mean for this one. We just have to have at least one USNC weapon us at all times or do you we have to carry one in our hands the whole mission.

OR

Can I have a magnum in my pocket and pickup and use any weapon I want.

Basically keep the pistol as your secondary weapon. Pick up any other weapon as your primary. I'll see if I can fix the wording to help.

Sorry about that, will search for one.

I agree! Much easier & shorter then attempting the first Solo Spartan Ops Legendary

Basically keep the pistol as your secondary weapon. Pick up any other weapon as your primary. I'll see if I can fix the wording to help.

I kept both for the rest of the semester on mission 3, i assassinated those resident evil rip off knights when they stoped looking to hunt me, the shield thingy is useful on legendary as i done it on that difficulty cause no one HAS answered my question that if i have done a legendary mission already doing it on heroic as i had to do thunderstorm challenge.

So all i did as i can be a iron fist, when those forerunner doggies show up, they lure close to me and i just wait for one of them to use melee and i cancel the shield thing and i'll melee them it takes 2 of the B buttons to do it so i hold the b as well to assasinate the white knight as they have the same enemy movement trait to elite heros and zealots.

I just think using forerunner weapons are in legendary 100% useless except what the white knight posseses.

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I didn't go for this achievement equivalent in Reach. So I just want to be sure about how it works. For the solo Legendary achievement, do you have to do it a continuous playthrough? (Start to finish?) Or can you change the difficulty and play the levels in any order later on? Because I started the game on Legendary, but I couldn't beat it. So I dropped it down and enjoyed the game. Now I want to go back and finish it for the achievement. Do I have to replay the levels I've already beaten? Or can I just start on the next level I need to complete on Legendary?

For example, say I beat the first 3 missions on solo Legendary already. Can I just start the game up on solo Legendary on mission 4 and continue to the end for the achievement?

Thanks to anyone that answers my question. I appreciate the help. Also, here is a really helpful guide on how to beat the game solo on Legendary difficulty. It's what I'm going to use to help me beat it. Hopefully it can help others too. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyG5TLBwZ3k&feature=plcp]Halo 4 Legendary Difficulty Walkthrough - Mission 1: Dawn (1/2) - YouTube[/ame]

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I didn't go for this achievement equivalent in Reach. So I just want to be sure about how it works. For the solo Legendary achievement, do you have to do it a continuous playthrough? (Start to finish?) Or can you change the difficulty and play the levels in any order later on? Because I started the game on Legendary, but I couldn't beat it. So I dropped it down and enjoyed the game. Now I want to go back and finish it for the achievement. Do I have to replay the levels I've already beaten? Or can I just start on the next level I need to complete on Legendary?

The game tracks each difficulty that was completed for each chapter. So yes, you can go back and finish the chapters you missed on legendary and skip the chapters you already completed. You don't have to do it all in one playthrough.