January 2013 Staff and Subscriber Completion Competition - Discussion Thread

Creech

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rekikire x360a won 297 Achievements in 50 games, for a total of 4,675 GamerScore.

Happy that out of the 50 games played I finished 44 of them.

Congratulations to everyone and thanks to Creech for running it, was great motivation to play all the stuff I had backlogged.

I only bought one thing for the comp. Puzzle Quest Galactrix. Just because it was on sale during the competition and I'd done all the rest of the Puzzle Quest games.

Yunder, you may have only completed 4 games, but man the quality.

Spec Ops The Line, and Mass Effect 3, two awesome games.

I don't want to even look at my receipts, I know I spent a small fortune on points and games the past month:p Although, i did notice my completed games is now at 91 which is more than double what i amassed in the past 6 years.

Also want to add my thanks to Creech for running this, hopefully this is the first of many to come:woop:

You saying I got 300 achievements more than you and lost? It should have been a competition about most achievements unlocked:(

I think it was because I preloaded loads of games in December which it didn't count. Here's my December view (only about 10G wasn't related to the comp)

December:

D Mob x360a won 261 Achievements in 28 games, for a total of 5,137 TrueAchievement points (4,044 GamerScore).

January:

D Mob x360a won 527 Achievements in 78 games, for a total of 10,828 TrueAchievement points (8,551 GamerScore).

Total achievements obtained for the competition: 788 (So Jappe still got 52 more than me :-P)

Total Gamerscore obtained for the competition: 12,600GS (only 200 odd behind jappe)

Cost:

Edited by jamie1000013

Yunder, you may have only completed 4 games, but man the quality.

Spec Ops The Line, and Mass Effect 3, two awesome games.

Indeed. Two great games. I feel as though I enjoyed the former than the latter. I do feel bad that I never added Skyrim to that list. I still only have one more achievement in it. I'll get around to it....eventually. :p

Lumia 800 - 160€

Lumia 920 - 599€ (not including this in the final cost since I didn't buy it for the competition :p)

Kinect - 70€

Windows Phone Games - 108.59 €

Arcade games in Microsoft Points - 16,250 msp

Other purchases (Games on Demand, Windows 8) - 117.72€

Sub total: 456,31€ + 16,250 Microsoft Points

------------------------

With Microsoft's prices 1€ = 83,33 Microsoft points. So:

16,250 / 83,33 = 195

That isn't exactly precise since I bought a few 2100msp codes online and the price was a few euros lower but I used about 190€ for MS points as well.

TOTAL: 456,31€ + 190€ = 646,31€

And that got me to 2nd place. Oh well... :p

I had a great time just running it, although I seriously underestimated the amount of time I would spend verifying games. We will definitely do more competitions, but I don't want to run them every single month as I think people need a little break. I know I do!

I know that Jappe was going to start one up for the Representers in March or so, but that doesn't mean the Subscribers can't do one in March also. There is a thread in the Subscriber forum talking about it, so make sure you have said something in there if you have an opinion about what the next one should look like and when it should start.

Congratulations everyone! I don't think I could even come close to matching some of you guys' totals if you gave me until this time next year. :p

I'm pleased to finally have 200/200 on Age of Booty, and I managed 2 more completions than I did throughout last year (or 1 if you'd like to count Jak and Daxter on the PS3). One of them took 2 minutes but we can ignore that, can't we lol.

Look forward to seeing what we do next. Thanks Creech for organising and running this. :)

Lumia 800 - 160€

Lumia 920 - 599€ (not including this in the final cost since I didn't buy it for the competition :p)

Kinect - 70€

Windows Phone Games - 108.59 €

Arcade games in Microsoft Points - 16,250 msp

Other purchases (Games on Demand, Windows 8) - 117.72€

Sub total: 456,31€ + 16,250 Microsoft Points

------------------------

With Microsoft's prices 1€ = 83,33 Microsoft points. So:

16,250 / 83,33 = 195

That isn't exactly precise since I bought a few 2100msp codes online and the price was a few euros lower but I used about 190€ for MS points as well.

TOTAL: 456,31€ + 190€ = 646,31€

And that got me to 2nd place. Oh well... :p

My costs:

Microsoft points: 26, 600MSP (£227.87) €319.20

Windows phone and Windows 8 games: 26 pound

So 250 quid >.<. Didn't think it was that much lol soon builds up.

Also bloody hell Jappe your Nokia phone was expensive in pounds it's like 520 quid I could get two laptops for that lol.

My costs:

Microsoft points: 26, 600MSP (£227.87) €319.20

Windows phone and Windows 8 games: 26 pound

So 250 quid >.<. Didn't think it was that much lol soon builds up.

Also bloody hell Jappe your Nokia phone was expensive in pounds it's like 520 quid I could get two laptops for that lol.

Yeah it's the most expensive model at the moment but still iPhone is even more expensive :D Finland isn't the cheapest country either when we're talking about electronics :p

Yeah it's the most expensive model at the moment but still iPhone is even more expensive :D Finland isn't the cheapest country either when we're talking about electronics :p

I suppose its because of all the snow...

That is a crazy amount to get to second spot dude. I was enjoying my 3rd place on day 2 or 3, ended up finishing 9th which I'm okay with.