1. 1. Which ending did you pick?

• Save your friends (GOOD)
    • Join Citra (BAD)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I chose the "good" ending initially, just coulndn't force myself to slice Lisa's throat...

Then my curiosity won, and I replayed the last missions to see the "bad" ending. Wow. It's bloody brilliant, but it's not the one I want, lol

Same here ... thats the reaseon i´ve played the good ending again

as i don´t wanted to go into freeroam with the burden of being the killer of my friends. ^^

Edited by WDA I Rellik

Did no one see that ass Liza was rockin? No way I could have turned against that even in the digital world. Seriously, one time in the cave I turned from talking to someone and said "Damn!". Square in my face. Sorry but those crazy island nipples had nothing on those shorts. Im an ass guy through and through.

As soon as "make a choice" came up, I dumped the game and went and doubled up the save file.

I went with Citra simply because of the other route being the expected, the norm, the one you're supposed to do.

The problem I had with it was it made no real difference after wards. ie, if you chose her you should actually have died and it was game over or something :D

Didnt anyone manually save just before the last mission with Sam?

Ive only just done the good ending and I reckon it would only take another 20 to see the other ending with this manual save. CBF though, from what u guys have said id rather be done with the good ending, and start the co-op cheevs for that 1k :)

I thought that moment of "choice" at the end was by far the single lamest moment in the entire game.

I really enjoyed playing this game, in spite of it's ridiculous premise of being the "Chosen" Warrior that the native Islander's had all been waiting for... in spite of being the single WHITEST kid on the damn planet! Ughhh! But at least the game-play was a lot of fun.

Sorry, anyway...

This "choice" that was presented out of the blue made no sense to me. After EVERYTHING the character had been through, EVERYTHING he managed to survive... are we to believe that he could/would really CHOOSE to consciously murder all the friends/family he worked so hard to save? Seriously? Well that just felt like lazy story-telling to me. I'm just saying.

They had done a good job with the whole battle with insanity throughout, so why not try to "trick" us at the end. Make the character see his friends/family as demons or some other sort of "enemy" to defeat. Just some sort of creative effort, that's all. Could have been a lot more memorable than it was.

I decided to join Citra and abandon my so-called "friends" because I didn't have a strong connection with them. It seemed all they cared about was getting off the island and were completely oblivious to the fact that I saved their lives and lost my brother in the process.

However, after choosing the Citra route, I almost immediately regretted my decision. After watching the ending on YouTube where you save your friends I thought it was a much better ending: Citra dies, Jason lives and leaves his insanity on the island to live a better and normal life.

Heh, I think it's funny that I find myself in the vast minority and picked the Citra ending. My reasoning is that the girlfriend was pretty annoying the whole game, and I just wanted to see if he would actually slit her throat. I went into it as "which is going to be crazier and would be most entertaining to see?" I think I went the "good" way there.

Obviously we've all done them both, but staying on the island has always bothered me:

[spoiler=Island]Citra, given her character, would have no choice but to kill you, so I find it hard to believe that with your choice of leaving the island she would feel any empathy towards you as far as genuine love. I think that decision was forced, a bit.

I can say this, though: if I were to have this experience IRL I would have stayed on the island without any hesitation, at all. Every time you finished a part of the main quest, and you were given the option to 'eat me', if you pay close attention to your friends, they all seem to be self absorbed tools, even the brothers.

Cut to scenes where Liza is being comforted by the other chick then both get pissy and start busting your balls about what you've done in order to free their ungrateful ass from the island, and it makes me wonder what Jason ever saw in the lot to begin with. The only character without airs besides Hoyt was the stoner guy in the yellow shirt. Still though, the 'good' ending was so wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just chose the good ending (literally, like 25 seconds ago!) and that's because I read the endings on IGN. :p

Either way, I am returning to the game to unlock more achievements and whatnot, so whether I return as whatever she promised I'd return as or as just a normal guy getting chased by pigs, I was going to go back anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...