Closed the flying fortress door

The Green Wing

Is this even possible?

i would think you need a turbo controller to do this or your just going to get broken fingers trying

there any special way of doing it?

Edit : managed it by using a trick from track and field. i.e spamming the a button with a bottle cap :D

would like to know if there are more stupid achievements like this in the game o.O

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look on the achievement list (http://xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=156) all of the achievements with a picture of a green A button are achievements like this. I just got the one for pulling in the flying fortress, and it is one of those button destroyers =P

The are pretty easy though, I missed the door closing one because it decided the doors mustn't have been closed enough by the time I finished even though I didn't get attacked =( But don't they just remind you of the squatting thing in FF VII?

I traded in an old game to get the official guide for this and its very helpful towards the 1000, points out all the single time achievements so you dont have to replay the whole game. While its a great RPG it would be really time consuming to finish on 995 points and have to play through again for one measly button bashing thing

Is this even possible?

i would think you need a turbo controller to do this or your just going to get broken fingers trying

there any special way of doing it?

Edit : managed it by using a trick from track and field. i.e spamming the a button with a bottle cap :D

would like to know if there are more stupid achievements like this in the game o.O

And what trick is this? i tried closing that Door fast enough like 5 times but couldnt do it

Its because Webby is a God, he just asks the doors to close and they do ;)

I left this achievement out because I wanted the EXP more and decided that since its near the start I can go back and do this at a later date though from all the complaints I have heard about it on my site you either have to be skilled or lucky, unless of course there is an easier way to do it.

I started a new game to do it :p

I tapped like crazy. I've got a feeling you have to do it really early cause the one time I tried it they got close and nothing. The next time, they were paces behind and I received it.

Ha, wait for the dexterity one on disc 3. Your arm will feel like its falling off before you get it :p

I must have tried doing this 10 times about now, I must be really slow or something. And also what trick anything that can help please! I blame the controller the xbox buttons arent as easily bashed as my ps2 controller, yes yes its the controller not me.

I must have tried doing this 10 times about now, I must be really slow or something. And also what trick anything that can help please! I blame the controller the xbox buttons arent as easily bashed as my ps2 controller, yes yes its the controller not me.

You could try rolling a pen or lighter across it really fast like the old PS2 controller and see if that helps.

Its a shame you can't change the controls because I am much faster on the sticks on T&F then I am the buttons

The 360 controller is horrible for this achievement. On the PS3 controller I can put a sock over my hand and rub my finger over the button, but this doesn't work. Rather annoying to be honest.

I used a lighter and got it on my 2nd attempt (1st attempt I foolishly thought my fingers were fast enough :eek: )

• 2 weeks later...

You guys have me beat. Don't know what you guys are doing that I'm not. My hats of to you guys... I've tried about 10 times so far and I can't seem to do it any faster.

Everytime I try it looks like the nearest robot is about halfway... and once my bar reaches the end of the last round he'll somehow jump to the door and pry it open. What's really irritating is that one time I screwed up and just let the controller sit there and he walked all the way up without jumping to the door. Grrr...

Guess I'm off to try again. Is there any easy way to reload the game? Each time I fail I'm forced to exit to the dashboard and launch the game again. I'm sure there most be a load option somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it.

Cool, thanks for that. It would've been helpful there, and I'm sure I'll need it soon enough!

I finally did it by using various items around the house... an ink pen worked best for me. Still took me three tries with it though... I'm dreading the button mashing that's harder than this. Sheesh.

Is there any reason I can't reload and go fight all the monsters to get the XP? It won't interfere with any achievements down the road will it?