MISTER TORGUE DLC coming soon?

I'm not sure where people are getting an underdome vibe from. My money is on something motorcycle/racing themed with lots of explosions. Either way, more Borderlands is always good in my book.

The problem is they imply it's a competition or Slaughter challenge. Its lack of information at the time implied being similar to repetitive and unrewarding arena combat.

We don't want a repeat, the Slaughterdome challenges in BL2 were by far easier and tolerable, but still not desired by many people who remembered the Underdome being a colossal mess and the DLC you could live without.

With the new pics I'm thinking of Racing and explosions myself, but the last DLC was somewhat of a let down. I paid for the Season pass, but it's bad when you preorder undesirable DLC, regardless if it gives you extra game time or not.

Edited by incinerator950
typo

I'm not sure where people are getting an underdome vibe from. My money is on something motorcycle/racing themed with lots of explosions. Either way, more Borderlands is always good in my book.

People are stupid as all hell, that's where it comes from. Mystery solved. :)

Vehicle related story doesn't sound very exciting to me, although I have to say I don't have any better ideas. I really don't know what they could do with this game (that would actually work) to make it much different without throwing out everything and starting over. I think their next game needs to take chances on some fresh ideas. Not that it needs to because it will still sell, but after two games and a ton of DLC the entire experience is already feeling stale. Go to point A, then go to point B and kill a thing, then come back to point A, then go back to B and kill the thing a thousand times to get a gun to kill thing at point B some more. Yeah that's about it. It's a huge illusion of content.

The experience was stale in BL1, but at least the gear was worth getting, and the Story DLC's were fun, and you could enjoy doing raids with friends or solo the Giant Crabworm or glitch yourself into the Armory. Also, everyone was concerned about the new DLC being Underdome 2.0 because of the lack of information and anything about it sounded like kill challenges or something entirely repetitive.

Edited by incinerator950

The link below has a high probability of containing factual story quotes, a mission quote and insight into what kind of DLC we can expect. I have read all the information contained within the link, I have seen pictures of items as well.The link contains big spoilers, don't proceed forward if you don't want anything spoiled. I gave you a heads up. I am not responsible for what spoilers are revealed in the link.

http://mp1st.com/2012/11/10/borderlands-2-more-details-on-mr-torgues-campaign-of-carnage-dlc-announcement-incoming/

People are stupid as all hell, that's where it comes from. Mystery solved. :)

I think you´re the one that really is going to look like a stupid when the DLC comes out. It has a story involved, but it´s short of an Underdome.

I already read the story and mission flow, and it does include some Underdome action, Moxxi, waves, and bosses after rounds. Not everything will be in the same location and this time most of the waves and stuff do have a reason to be there, not just appearing because "why not?". BUT, the whole plot evolves around an Underdome, and most of the time we will be fighting against waves.

It really make me laugh. When the DLC was announced I said in this same forum it was a new Underdome, and every single reply I get was people thinking I had a problem to see an Underdome vibe out of the cheevos. Now the DLC is about to get out and, HEY, turns out I was completely right, the rest completely wrong. It is not exactly an Underdome, but is certainly closer to that then Zombi Island or General Knoxx.

I think you´re the one that really is going to look like a stupid when the DLC comes out. It has a story involved, but it´s short of an Underdome.

I already read the story and mission flow, and it does include some Underdome action, Moxxi, waves, and bosses after rounds. Not everything will be in the same location and this time most of the waves and stuff do have a reason to be there, not just appearing because "why not?". BUT, the whole plot evolves around an Underdome, and most of the time we will be fighting against waves.

It really make me laugh. When the DLC was announced I said in this same forum it was a new Underdome, and every single reply I get was people thinking I had a problem to see an Underdome vibe out of the cheevos. Now the DLC is about to get out and, HEY, turns out I was completely right, the rest completely wrong. It is not exactly an Underdome, but is certainly closer to that then Zombi Island or General Knoxx.

I read the leaked script for Mass Effect 3 before the game was released. I was there for the reaction.

Yeah, I laughed too.

So you're not right but you're not wrong but you like to throw it in people's faces? We're both half right, or half wrong or whatever you want to call it. There's obviously more to it than it being exactly like the original Moxxi DLC, but I will admit that I overestimated Gearbox - and this is the second time this week they have reminded me of that. So this is me conceding to your half-assed "I told you so", I'll be expecting the same response from you when it releases and isn't exactly like the original Underdome.

So you're not right but you're not wrong but you like to throw it in people's faces? We're both half right, or half wrong or whatever you want to call it. There's obviously more to it than it being exactly like the original Moxxi DLC, but I will admit that I overestimated Gearbox - and this is the second time this week they have reminded me of that. So this is me conceding to your half-assed "I told you so", I'll be expecting the same response from you when it releases and isn't exactly like the original Underdome.

You got me wrong. It was not a "I told you so" kind of message, although reading it it sure seems so even for me, it was more like "you´re wrong and calling people stupid, I´m right and I will never call them that just because their opinion don´t match mine".

I have seen you write a loot here in the Borderlands 2 sub forum and never occur to me that you were one of those who insult for the fun of it, and I don´t think you are, I guess that why I put that message, kind of saying "C´mon dude, aren´t you better than this?"

You got me wrong. It was not a "I told you so" kind of message, although reading it it sure seems so even for me, it was more like "you´re wrong and calling people stupid, I´m right and I will never call them that just because their opinion don´t match mine".

I have seen you write a loot here in the Borderlands 2 sub forum and never occur to me that you were one of those who insult for the fun of it, and I don´t think you are, I guess that why I put that message, kind of saying "C´mon dude, aren´t you better than this?"

Gotcha, let's hope for all our sake it's ends up being anything but a Moxxi-clone. :)

Gotcha, let's hope for all our sake it's ends up being anything but a Moxxi-clone. :)

I sincerely hope so.

For the review I read from a spanish videogame magazine, it´s not at all like Moxxi, so we can all breath quiet for that.

Don´t want to spoil anything, but there´s a lot of history involve, and even when there will be waves and stuff those are presented in a very different way. Still, this is a competition.

I have to say, after reading the review, I´m actually pretty excited for the DLC. And for that "confirmation" on Randy´s twitter about a new character. And for the remaining two mayor DLCs.

Also, Eridium find its way to be useful again.