Really bad AI rant

DDDLOTS

So I enjoy the chatter between players but when it comes to actually playing poker the AI is just unbelievably bad. Honestly the poker AI in Red Dead Redemption and Far Cry 3 is better than this game...and those were just mini-games. I swear if Ash calls all-in preflop with 8 2 off-suit one more time I'm going to shoot his programmer old west style.

Anyways, back to what I was saying Ash (along with the rest of the group) play much the way their personalities are in the their respective shows/games.

-Ash bluffs and talks big (just about like every line of his in Army of Darkness)

-Sam seems to play the odds, analyzes the cards, and rarely bluffs (same as in the games and typically whom I have usually to faceoff with last)

-Brock plays aggressively (typically the first to go out for me)

-Claptrap... well he does whatever feels good at the time and somehow beats the odds pulling of some low chance hands

Anyways, back to what I was saying Ash (along with the rest of the group) play much the way their personalities are in the their respective shows/games.

-Ash bluffs and talks big (just about like every line of his in Army of Darkness)

-Sam seems to play the odds, analyzes the cards, and rarely bluffs (same as in the games and typically whom I have usually to faceoff with last)

-Brock plays aggressively (typically the first to go out for me)

-Claptrap... well he does whatever feels good at the time and somehow beats the odds pulling of some low chance hands

Yeah, that seems about right. The first game also had their playstyles based the character personalities.

Brock is *definitely* the most difficult for me. He always seems to have just what he needs to win, regardless of what I have. I had a straight, ace-high, and he managed a flush. He's costed me several tournaments. Ash, however, is complete garbage and I make it a point to bust him out on opening hand.

I seem to end up against Brock and Sam at the end the most. Ash usually busts on an all-in bluff and I agree, I think he was programmed to play that way on purpose.

Sam annoys me the most. He plays incredibly reserved and folds a lot so he's usually one of the last ones playing with right around his $20k starter.

Claptrap and Brock seem to play more average. Brock a bit aggressive as mentioned and Claptrap a bit more reserved and fold-friendly, but he always seems to go all-in on hands he loses.

• 1 year later...